1650 Broadway

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Re: 1650 Broadway

Post by normalthings »

Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

Nice renderings, from the looks of it the ground floor will be fairly lively, I imagine if there’s any restaurants there they’d be packed when the Kauffman has performances
TheLastGentleman
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by TheLastGentleman »

It gets better each time it's shown! The Kauffman should be surrounded by boxy development like this all the way around, for it to contrast against.
dukuboy1
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by dukuboy1 »

Really like this new rendering. This is an exciting project as it brings development to that western edge that I hope will spread south down broadway & spread west I to the Westside to enhance and build upon what is already there & established as well underway.

Also I know we have fun with the Denny’s close by. It appears to not be going anywhere. I would really love whomever owns it would turn it into a living a museum of sorts. Still functioning Denny’s but restore it to the 1960’s glory of the Denny’s heyday. Keep same menu and everything but make it in the style of the original. Go retro from the design of the building, interior & exterior. But down to the menus and uniforms. Make it the most unique Denny’s on the planet. It would work on so many levels
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

The tower looks like an office building with balconies. Boring!
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

langosta wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:55 pm The tower looks like an office building with balconies. Boring!
I love it but sure it could be better.
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

It's really a mashup of the previous plans but I'll take it. With it's height, it will be very visible and may draw the eye that way when looking at the skyline from multiple angles. If office, this has excellent building signage opportunity being near the highway, although I'm unsure if building signage is allowed.

My thoughts are that they're bullish on office and took the 3-story building they planned and grew it up quite a bit. The hotel would be on the lower floors of the office tower (brick section) and the shorter building will be residential (which shrunk from previous plans).
TheLastGentleman
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Chris Stritzel wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:11 amIf office, this has excellent building signage opportunity being near the highway, although I'm unsure if building signage is allowed.
viewtopic.php?p=603196#p603196
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Chris Stritzel wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:11 am It's really a mashup of the previous plans but I'll take it. With it's height, it will be very visible and may draw the eye that way when looking at the skyline from multiple angles. If office, this has excellent building signage opportunity being near the highway, although I'm unsure if building signage is allowed.

My thoughts are that they're bullish on office and took the 3-story building they planned and grew it up quite a bit. The hotel would be on the lower floors of the office tower (brick section) and the shorter building will be residential (which shrunk from previous plans).
It may be office below hotel on the tower. No mix update yet but I would not be surprised either if Hotel gets cut.
Last edited by normalthings on Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

Kinda strange... so I like it! Just hope demand keeps up.
horizons82
New York Life
New York Life

Post by horizons82 »

langosta wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:55 pm The tower looks like an office building with balconies. Boring!
As a result of COVID, there’s a been a renewed focus on providing outdoor spaces and operable windows on towers. Get ready for more of this moving forward.

There’s a few design decisions here that seem a little odd but overall love it. Build it!
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Nice
kenrbnj
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by kenrbnj »

Unusual for me to do this.. here goes:

Stunning!

@Normalthings; is this a rendering for a formal submission? ..or strictly public relations?
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

kenrbnj wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:46 am Unusual for me to do this.. here goes:

Stunning!

@Normalthings; is this a rendering for a formal submission? ..or strictly public relations?
Developer Portfolio
Major KC Fan
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Major KC Fan »

Great plan with excellent freeway exposure potential. Who wouldn’t want their business, hotel to get the kind of views from the highway? I don’t know the exact traffic count on I-35 but it has to be substantial. This could really spur the further development of the Broadway corridor on down the hill & I love the suggestion to make the Denny’s a retro classic to add another unique place to visit downtown. The city would be crazy not to support this proposal, especially in a down economy.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

Again with the questionable street presence. Why the big gap for what looks like a surface parking lot? There's clearly a garage already.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

DaveKCMO wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:59 pm Again with the questionable street presence. Why the big gap for what looks like a surface parking lot? There's clearly a garage already.
I believe that is a circle drop off. It does not appear to be parking. There is also a 3rd building along Washington street.
TheLastGentleman
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

dukuboy1 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:47 pmAlso I know we have fun with the Denny’s close by. It appears to not be going anywhere. I would really love whomever owns it would turn it into a living a museum of sorts. Still functioning Denny’s but restore it to the 1960’s glory of the Denny’s heyday. Keep same menu and everything but make it in the style of the original. Go retro from the design of the building, interior & exterior. But down to the menus and uniforms. Make it the most unique Denny’s on the planet. It would work on so many levels
This is Denny's in 2360 AD

Riverite
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Riverite »

TheLastGentleman wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:25 pm
dukuboy1 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:47 pmAlso I know we have fun with the Denny’s close by. It appears to not be going anywhere. I would really love whomever owns it would turn it into a living a museum of sorts. Still functioning Denny’s but restore it to the 1960’s glory of the Denny’s heyday. Keep same menu and everything but make it in the style of the original. Go retro from the design of the building, interior & exterior. But down to the menus and uniforms. Make it the most unique Denny’s on the planet. It would work on so many levels
This is Denny's in 2360 AD

Perfect 👌
grecobs
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by grecobs »

I love this project and think it will be a great addition to an under-developed part of DTKC. The design looks a lot like the William Vale hotel in Williamsburg. It is striking and stands out as a conversation starter for sure.