Political Section

Announcements about the forum as well as comments, questions, ideas for the forum or the website in general.
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Political Section

Post by KansasCityCraka »

Politics are dominating a lot of this great forum make a seperate political section to stop this in every forum (Power & Light District, Downtown, ect.
staubio
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Political Section

Post by staubio »

Bad idea. We're here to talk Kansas City, not abortion, gay marriage, war in Iraq, etc. This got out of hand and that is why KCP streamlined those elements out. The forum got nasty for awhile when all of those topics really got going and the animosity that was picked up in those isolated sections spilled over to the "productive" threads, ruining some good discussions and driving people away.

Of course, politics impacts development and urban issues and I'm sure those discussions will take place in the appropriate related topic.
ComandanteCero
One Park Place
One Park Place

Political Section

Post by ComandanteCero »

yeh, that would be as bad as putting in a "religion" section, hehe (in terms of getting people riled up). I think getting rid of the Bar was a good idea for the most part, the most active threads were political/hotbutton ones, all the other ones probably didn't amount to a big part of the forum anyway.
KC Region is all part of the same animal regardless of state and county lines.
Think on the Regional scale.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Political Section

Post by KCPowercat »

no way. I don't see politics dominating any forum now....where are you seeing this.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc