KCI Flight Schedule Adjustments

Transportation topics in KC
hartliss
Colonnade
Colonnade

Re: KCI Flight Schedule Adjustments

Post by hartliss »

dev49 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:48 pm
hartliss wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:57 pm Alaska Airlines added a third frequency to SEA starting in May/June. 2/X on a 737 and 1/X on a E175.
Seems like they should have just left the E175 on SFO or SAN. But I guess that is why I am not a route planner.
DL also swapped out the E175 for a 737-800 beginning in the summer of 2020
hartliss
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by hartliss »

normalthings wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:46 am
kboish wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:57 pm Apparently Iceland Air has dropped KCI

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-rele ... -City.html
Justin Meyer said on Twitter that he’s back in Europe today. This comes after multiple big international trips last month to conferences/airline visits. Hopefully something is in the works.
These will take time. The write up in the Star last Sunday was well written and featured other industry experts. Essentially saying how tough it is, unless it is heavily subsidized, to keep something going TATL.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

I'm sure there's an opportunity to do something special for a foreign airline at this point in terminal planning. Has to be an advantage relative to other cities when airlines are looking to add service in the 2021+ timeframe
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

Southwest released their April/May schedules.

Looks like they cut LGA back to 1 flight a day.
They did add Pensacola in earlier than normal. I think is used to always wait til June to start.

I don’t get why our New York service isn’t better.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

I really think Southwest will pull out of LGA in the next 5 years. They just pulled out of Newark. LGA-MKE was also cut recently
hartliss
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by hartliss »

dev49 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:23 pm Southwest released their April/May schedules.

Looks like they cut LGA back to 1 flight a day.
They did add Pensacola in earlier than normal. I think is used to always wait til June to start.

Even with this cut-back, you will still have the following:

LGA: 5 N/S on DL
EWR: 4 N/S on UA

With WN, you will have 10 N/S to chose from. Now, the glaring hole is a N/S to JFK which we used to have back in the day but has never come back.
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

brewcrew1000 wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:07 am I really think Southwest will pull out of LGA in the next 5 years. They just pulled out of Newark. LGA-MKE was also cut recently
I don't see anyway they pull out of LGA. They just acquired extra slots in the last year for LGA. I do they will focus their LGA flights on their larger stations though, which they seem to be doing with theses moves. Moved both MKE flights to MDW and the KCI flight to STL. You have to have flights to New York if you are going to be a major airline (Long Island doesn't count). I think our disadvantage at the moment is the airport (which should change when the new terminal is done). They need to connect people to LGA from out west since they can't run nonstops from LGA to the west coast and KCI isn't all that friendly to connectors.

Newark was a disaster operationally (not that LGA can't be) but I thought I saw over half the flights were delayed or some crazy number.

hartliss wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:59 pm
dev49 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:23 pm
Even with this cut-back, you will still have the following:

LGA: 5 N/S on DL
EWR: 4 N/S on UA

With WN, you will have 10 N/S to chose from. Now, the glaring hole is a N/S to JFK which we used to have back in the day but has never come back.
But look some other airports

Nashville - 28
Columbus - 24
Cincy - 20
St Louis - 19
Indy - 17
Milwaukee - 8
Memphis - 8

I get some of those are closer to NYC but 10 seems low to me. I thought it would be closer to 15. I thought with AA leaving some others would pick up the slack more but I also haven only been paying attention recently so maybe they did.
LCDSI
New York Life
New York Life

Post by LCDSI »

does anyone know if united cut one of their direct flights to san francisco? they used to have one early in the morning 6am ish and another at night.
hartliss
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by hartliss »

LCDSI wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:31 pm does anyone know if united cut one of their direct flights to san francisco? they used to have one early in the morning 6am ish and another at night.
I believe depending on the season they run 2/day. I believe we are in the off peak season hence the cutback
LCDSI
New York Life
New York Life

Post by LCDSI »

hartliss wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:58 pm
LCDSI wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:31 pm does anyone know if united cut one of their direct flights to san francisco? they used to have one early in the morning 6am ish and another at night.
I believe depending on the season they run 2/day. I believe we are in the off peak season hence the cutback
Thanks. I was getting a little worried there since I use that flight a lot.
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

Looks like they have cut it back to 1x a day for Nov, Dec, and most of Jan (just the 6 am one). Goes back to 2x Jan 24th. A little odd they wouldn't run it 2x a day over holiday weeks.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

dev49 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:11 pm
Looks like they have cut it back to 1x a day for Nov, Dec, and most of Jan (just the 6 am one). Goes back to 2x Jan 24th. A little odd they wouldn't run it 2x a day over holiday weeks.
Probably accounting for pilots on holiday and they can serve the city with excess capacity on connecting routes
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

UA DEN-MCI JUN 5>6[5] JUL 5>6[4] AUG 5>6[5]

United is upping MCI-Denver service to 6 per day next summer.
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

That is really great news except that it is United and United is horrible.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Delta is adding a ninth daily KC-Atlanta flight.
  • DL ATL-MCI JUN 8>9[9] JUL 8>9[8] AUG 8>9[8]
Southwest MAX Cuts
  • WN IND-MCI FEB 1.6>1.1[1.6]
  • WN MCI-MSP FEB 1.4>1.1[1.6]
swid
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by swid »

dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

Southwest adding a Saturday only flight to Charleston, SC for summer.
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

AA/Spirit/Delta/United all adding extra flights to Miami/Fort Lauderdale for the super bowl. UA/AA is going to have a 757 of them.

AA adding 4
United 2
Delta 2
Spirit 1

Under normal circumstance Southwest would add but with their fleet issues they might not.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

dev49 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:47 pm AA/Spirit/Delta/United all adding extra flights to Miami/Fort Lauderdale for the super bowl. UA/AA is going to have a 757 of them.

AA adding 4
United 2
Delta 2
Spirit 1

Under normal circumstance Southwest would add but with their fleet issues they might not.
SWA added 3
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

Not sure if this was mentioned before but it looks like Spirit is going double daily on Vegas starting April 22.