Krokstrom Klub

People say they enjoy Kansas City. Find out why.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Krokstrom Klub

Post by Highlander »

I thought I read this place was closing (maybe I read it here?)?

I just saw it on DDD last week. Looked very interesting. I've always wanted to try the place.

EDIT: I just saw the discussion in the Uptown thread. Personally, I kind of like the idea of a Scandinavian restaurant in KC although, admittedly, it's not a well know or appreciated cuisine (and the culture is not know for its food). The fact that KC is not a Scandinavian stronghold may have influenced its closing but should not have mattered. Part of the fun of eating is trying foods from a variety of cultures. KC supports two very high quality german restaurants downtown.
taxi
Penntower
Penntower

Re: Krokstrom Klub

Post by taxi »

I don't think the quality of their food had anything to do with their demise.
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

Drove by the other day and think I saw a sign over the old Krokstrom door that said Caribbean Cuisine - or something to that effect.
kcjak
Penntower
Penntower

Post by kcjak »

WSPanic wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:49 pm Drove by the other day and think I saw a sign over the old Krokstrom door that said Caribbean Cuisine - or something to that effect.
Yes - MESOB is moving in.
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

Good for them. Miss their Griot.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

I was kind of suprised Mesob moved into that spot. They never really seemed that busy and service was kind of hit or miss. Have they gained that loyal of a following over the years?
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

brewcrew1000 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:46 pm I was kind of suprised Mesob moved into that spot. They never really seemed that busy and service was kind of hit or miss. Have they gained that loyal of a following over the years?
Not to my knowledge. As you said, this doesn't seem like a good fit. I'm just happy to be able to have that dish back in my life.

I cannot imagine the cost for that awful Valentine spot is anything close to what they're paying for the corner/Krokstrom spot.