Strouds

People say they enjoy Kansas City. Find out why.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Strouds

Post by mgsports »

Fairway closing
WSPanic
Supporter

Re: Strouds

Post by WSPanic »

The Troost and Northland locations had a ton of character. The Fairway location was the exact opposite. I dig Stroud's sides, but there wasn't a lot to make me want to go to that Fairway location. Their chicken is OK. Their fried chops are pretty decent too.
rxlexi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by rxlexi »

Just ate at Strouds north last Saturday - definitely a ton of character, which to me is the primary reason to go. Also the cinnamon rolls and chicken choker shared rum cocktail. Relatively cheap comfort food served in an awesome old farm house, or back in the day the old Troost road house under 85th. Never understood the appeal of the Fairway location, and never went.
kcjak
Penntower
Penntower

Post by kcjak »

I find it ironic that the official stance is that Stroud's was waiting for redevelopment and repairs to the building and parking lot (which is desperately needed), but the several times I ate there the entire restaurant interior felt like it needed to be hosed down. I don't think the light fixtures over the booths, the curtains or windows had been wiped down or washed since they opened.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

Always felt like that was their vibe at all the locations.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

Maybe they move to the Krokstrom location.