435 in Shawnee

Find out what's going on in the Sunflower State's portions of the Metro here.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

435 in Shawnee

Post by mgsports »

Big Mixed Use development and Land Source is the developer position of it per KC Business Journal.
TrolliKC
Supporter

Re: 435 in Shawnee

Post by TrolliKC »

Is Land Source the same as Kevin Tubbesing with Stag? That is what the KCBJ article says.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

Yes.
http://www.stagcommercial.com/Stag_Comm ... Ridge.html Here's one their new developments.
Sani
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Sani »

Specifically, I believe this is referring to the area south of Johnson Drive and west of Renner Road, if I’m not mistaken.

I will be curious to see how this development fares when it’s time for public comment. Mixed-use development has had a difficult time of it in Shawnee in recent years (see the Westbrooke Green redevelopment as an example). This is greenfield, which could in theory go a little more smoothly, but I would bet folks will be waiting their turn to complain about any apartments being turned into Section 8 housing (not a thing, by the way!). Someone over the age of 60 will probably use the word “hoodlums” either in the meeting or on the local news. Ugh.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

But it's by 435 and good place for Menards.
TrolliKC
Supporter

Post by TrolliKC »

[quote=Someone over the age of 60 will probably use the word “hoodlums” either in the meeting or on the local news. Ugh.
[/quote]

Mike Thompson the weatherman will probably also express his worry about attracting gays to the area
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

Sani wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:57 pm Someone over the age of 60 will probably use the word “hoodlums” either in the meeting or on the local news. Ugh.
Why would someone be so insulting about their own children and grandchildren?