Various restaurants coming to City

People say they enjoy Kansas City. Find out why.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Re: Various restaurants coming to City

Post by KCPowercat »

Tank 7 seems to always be more than a normal craft beer. I don't get why either I guess just what I've experienced.
wahoowa
Ambassador

Post by wahoowa »

watcher64110 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:59 pm We went to Streetcar Grille after a show and at first I was glad they were still serving food (sometimes tricky later) which seemed decent and reasonably priced, but my Tank 7 served in the typical small tulip glass was a nasty surprise at $9. (Draft beer prices were not listed...I mean it's a basic sports bar, not a high end cocktail lounge...or an airport, lol) Am I a grumpy out of touch old man now, or is that outrageously expensive? It left me more than a little grouchy which is a shame. I'm not usually that price sensitive either. As a nearby worker who was hoping to recommend it to colleagues, it was disappointing. I told them so point blank, which I never do. Next time I'll just head home and drink on my deck...my mood will be better at the end of the night.
i don't punch above boulevard wheat at any place that doesn't publish prices. a $9 tank 7, whether 16oz or a ~12oz tulip, is unreasonable to me, imho. i'd be pissed if i saw that line on a receipt. the belfry down the street is probably spoiling me. great beer selection, excellent price transparency, fresh kegs, good line maintenance. another reason not to bother drinking anything above wheat at a johnnys et al.
swid
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by swid »

As another data point, Tank 7 is $4 (13-oz pour) at the Flying Saucer for at least part of the day every day except Saturday...and $6.50 when it's full-price.
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

I think it is $6 at Milwaukee Deli, $4 on happy hour (and all evening Mondays!).
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

Thanks for the tips, T7 my favorite. Will be hitting MKE Deli HH soon.
droopy
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by droopy »

Funny. I went to Streetcar a couple weeks ago and echo everything that’s been said about ambiance, food and beer price. I believe I got a Torn Label (I know it was a nearby/local taphouse beer), decided to go for the “large“ 23oz and had some sticker shock at the $10 price tag. I don’t know what the 16oz costs but I have the same hesitation to go back when there are so many other choices so nearby. It lines up with them potentially playing to the hotel crowd in my mind
alejandro46
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by alejandro46 »

Tank 7 is $5.50 for an 8oz at Chicken and Pickle. Space camper is $5.00 for a 16. Last time they had Bo Lou for $3 tallboys. Solid deal and it's a fun bar if have not yet been. No Pickleball required.
watcher64110
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by watcher64110 »

Phew, good beer advice and glad to hear I'm not crazy about prices. I do worry about overpriced blandness accompanying the "hotel market business." I don't mind a some convenient utilitarian places nearby, but not at a "tourist premium." I just wish more affordable options were genuinely walkable to the KCPA without re-parking (you'd think...) and were open/serving at a least a little food past 10pm. But apparently that has always been hard to do in KC. Oh well.
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

Sounds like they use eggs, which doesn't make it vegan. Sounds like it's more loosely vegetarian.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

https://www.kansascity.com/article235059167.html Says looking at other parts of metro to.