GO ROYALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Re: GO ROYALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by mgsports »

Hawaii? Montreal? A third team in New York? Omaha?
Imarealperson
Pad site
Pad site

Post by Imarealperson »

Is this just a bot that randomly spits out city names?
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

Imarealperson wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:55 am Is this just a bot that randomly spits out city names?
I've always wondered that myself, it seems like a very program to write. It randomly spits out city names, and retails stores that don't exist in this metro
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

Reportly sold Royals.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

IT'S OFFICIAL: David Glass agrees to sell Royals to businessman John Sherman

https://www.kmbc.com/article/david-glas ... n/28872240
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

Probably good thing this closed quickly. Delays or lingering may have caused higher bids from outsiders and MLB might have pressured Glass to consider them.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

earthling wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:30 am Probably good thing this closed quickly. Delays or lingering may have caused higher bids from outsiders and MLB might have pressured Glass to consider them.
I'm a little concerned over the price tag. At a billion dollars, it could put financial pressure on the ownership group and the small market could make it more difficult to recover.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

Highlander wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:21 pm
earthling wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:30 am Probably good thing this closed quickly. Delays or lingering may have caused higher bids from outsiders and MLB might have pressured Glass to consider them.
I'm a little concerned over the price tag. At a billion dollars, it could put financial pressure on the ownership group and the small market could make it more difficult to recover.

My thought too. But he is a proud Kansas Citian and savy businessman. Hope he can make it work. Feel more like we have Kauffman back.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

The Royals are worth a billion dollars "in KC". Glass could have sold them for a lot more to somebody that actually had interest in relocating the team to a different market. Just more proof that Glass is a good guy and cares about the team and KC and doesn't deserve the hate he gets from the fan base.
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

18th Street Site is my preferred alternative but I doubt it could be build without bulldozing the school or KCATA Bus Barn.

The Key Stone Innovation district would have to be relocated as well. After visiting Cortex(STL), I think we should be thinking about putting Key Stone along the Streetcar.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

^Both of those sites would require another streetcar extension and would likely be very car-centric since they are right off the highway. I’d prefer the old CMH parking lots and small buildings to the north behind Western Auto. These are walking distance to current streetcar stop and would immediately cause development of Tension Envelope and Goodwill Buildings.
TheLastGentleman
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by TheLastGentleman »

beautyfromashes wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:25 pmI’d prefer the old CMH parking lots and small buildings to the north behind Western Auto.
If I'm understanding you correctly, I think the sites you're referring to are being developed by Milhaus for the Artistry KC project.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

Their's empty land off K7 near where Price Chopper use to be where Mernards might be going,
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

So, how much space is needed for a baseball stadium? Fenway seems to have a very small footprint in Boston. It couldn't be more than a couple of city blocks.

There are two city blocks directly north of the Sprint Center that are almost entirely unused right now (between Oak and Grand/12th - 13th). I suspect a baseball stadium there would be a very tight fit and create issues for construction but it might work. Otherwise, I like East Village or the South Crossroads.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Highlander wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:02 pm So, how much space is needed for a baseball stadium? Fenway seems to have a very small footprint in Boston. It couldn't be more than a couple of city blocks.

There are two city blocks directly north of the Sprint Center that are almost entirely unused right now (between Oak and Grand/12th - 13th). I suspect a baseball stadium there would be a very tight fit and create issues for construction but it might work. Otherwise, I like East Village or the South Crossroads.
Cardinals are about 14.5 IIRC.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

TheLastGentleman wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:47 pm If I'm understanding you correctly, I think the sites you're referring to are being developed by Milhaus for the Artistry KC project.
I wouldn’t be surprised if that project gets tabled. I don’t know how many projects I’ve seen announced as a way to increase of sale price for a property. If it does go through, there is still enough property to the east for the stadium. Tension Envelope could be integrated similar to Baltimore’s warehouse building.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

If the CMH parking lot area was to be the site of a stadium, someone should have banked the property in advance. The Artistry KC project is already being constructed.

http://kcrag.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=20599#p596464
tskev
Ambassador

Post by tskev »

mgsports wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:49 pm Their's empty land off K7 near where Price Chopper use to be where Mernards might be going,
LOL
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

Highlander wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:21 pm
MLB has profit sharing. It's virtually impossible for a team to lose money. The income the Royals generate is more than enough to cover the new owners expenses.
chaglang
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chaglang »

Build it over the North Loop and use the Bond Bridge or whatever replaces the Broadway Bridge as the backdrop beyond the outfield wall. If it’s going to cost a billion dollars, let’s make it memorable.