Tracks 215 Project

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Re: Tracks 215 Project

Post by normalthings »

Looks great!
TheLastGentleman
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by TheLastGentleman »

Very nice. Much better than I was anticipating
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

It looks like they want to connect the garage direct to the bridge. That's a great idea.
TheLastGentleman
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by TheLastGentleman »

flyingember wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:23 pm It looks like they want to connect the garage direct to the bridge. That's a great idea.
I'm not seeing anything suggesting that. Where do you see it?
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

The rendering seems to imply it. Was thinking would be cool if that walkway were extended along other future buildings along that street, sort of like High Line NYC, maybe not quite as elaborate.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

These renderings were produced the day after the initial announcement. The design has likely been refined since then. Hopefully, they do more to cover the podium parking - at least on the street facing faces.
Last edited by normalthings on Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tower
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by tower »

earthling wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:42 pm The rendering seems to imply it. Was thinking would be cool if that walkway were extended along other future buildings along that street, sort of like High Line NYC, maybe not quite as elaborate.
That's what I thought at first, but I'm pretty confident that it is just an optical illusion. The piece that seems to connect the bridge and the garage is actually at ground level.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

KCtoBrooklyn wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:09 am Looks like TIF was approved by City Council yesterday.
Anyone else think it odd that this generated no opposition yesterday?

Here's the vote tally:
Ayes: 9 - Wagner, Hall, Lucas, Reed, Justus, Barnes Jr., Canady, Taylor, McManus
Nays: 0
http://cityclerk.kcmo.org/liveweb/Meeti ... tkeadNc%3d
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

DaveKCMO wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:34 pm
KCtoBrooklyn wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:09 am Looks like TIF was approved by City Council yesterday.

Here's the vote tally:
Ayes: 9 - Wagner, Hall, Lucas, Reed, Justus, Barnes Jr., Canady, Taylor, McManus
No manufactured media outrage = no council opposition
kcmiz
Pad site
Pad site

Post by kcmiz »

normalthings wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:51 pm
DaveKCMO wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:34 pm

Here's the vote tally:
No manufactured media outrage = no council opposition
Shhh. Dave Helling is reading. Now we'll see an op ed on Sunday in the Star questioning whether Lucas is serious about incentive reform.
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

But I thought the voters sent a message?
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

Your image links died.

KCtoBrooklyn
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCtoBrooklyn »

Yeah, TinyPic shut down, so most of the images I have uploaded are gone.

The following is on the PIEA agenda Thursday
Resolution approving a Proponent Funding Agreement and authorizing preparation of a Qualification Analysis and General Development Plan for the proposed Freight House PIEA Area
I was guessing that this is related to Tracks 215, but I believe they are seeking incentives from Port KC and I haven't seen any mention of PIEA involvement in this project.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

KCtoBrooklyn wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:19 pm Yeah, TinyPic shut down, so most of the images I have uploaded are gone.

Resolution approving a Proponent Funding Agreement and authorizing preparation of a Qualification Analysis and General Development Plan for the proposed Freight House PIEA Area
I was guessing that this is related to Tracks 215, but I believe they are seeking incentives from Port KC and I haven't seen any mention of PIEA involvement in this project.
The attached map is for a much greater area than just Tracks 215. My guess is this PIEA request is for the next phases they had planned on announcing in the next 12 months.
KCtoBrooklyn
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCtoBrooklyn »

Some more documents pertaining to the PIEA agenda item have been uploaded and it looks like this related to a development to the S and SE of the Hilton Home 2 Suites at 20th and Main.

The proponent is 2020 Walnut LLC, which is the address of the Superior Moving and Storage warehouse building. They are hiring a consultant to create an analysis and development plan for what looks like most of the parcels southeast to the corner of Grand and the railroad tracks.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

KCtoBrooklyn wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:25 pm Some more documents pertaining to the PIEA agenda item have been uploaded and it looks like this related to a development to the S and SE of the Hilton Home 2 Suites at 20th and Main.

The proponent is 2020 Walnut LLC, which is the address of the Superior Moving and Storage warehouse building. They are hiring a consultant to create an analysis and development plan for what looks like most of the parcels southeast to the corner of Grand and the railroad tracks.
This is going to be big and I don’t think 3D Development is done with the area yet.
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

KCtoBrooklyn wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:25 pm Some more documents pertaining to the PIEA agenda item have been uploaded and it looks like this related to a development to the S and SE of the Hilton Home 2 Suites at 20th and Main.

Anything happen today?
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

KCtoBrooklyn wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:19 pm Yeah, TinyPic shut down, so most of the images I have uploaded are gone.

Tracks 215 is seeking incentives from PIEA instead of Port KC now.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

• Addition of required attractive and environmentally-friendly landscaping.
  • Renovation/reuse of the four industrial loft structures along Walnut Street and Grand Boulevard.
  • Construction of new dense multistory mixed uses atop structured parking.
  • Create Greenline connection through the Planning Area along the south perimeter near
    the railway.
3 documents pertaining to Tracks 215 and the general redevelopment district have been uploaded to the PIEA Drop Box
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sdskrltbd3uj ... EA+GDP.pdf
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Anyone know where Tracks 215 goes from here? It appears that it’s gotten wrapped up in a much larger redevelopment plan. Is the second new construction project that was rumored still in the works?