Next Mayor 2019

KC topics that don't fit anywhere else.
WSPanic
Supporter

Re: Next Mayor 2019

Post by WSPanic »

I predict we'll have a new mayor-elect this evening.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

And I'll be happy with either
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

It looks like Justus watch party is in West Bottoms, wonder where Lucas's is being held at
johnmatrix
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by johnmatrix »

brewcrew1000 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:55 pm It looks like Justus watch party is in West Bottoms, wonder where Lucas's is being held at
The Wonder Shops & Flats E.30th
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

One thing we learned, polls can show the winner and still be completely wrong.

58-41 was a decisive win for Lucas and was wider than any poll showed. It validates again that turnout matters.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Excited to see what Lucas brings to the office.
johnmatrix
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by johnmatrix »

LMAO what an ass kicking
chaglang
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chaglang »

Congrats to Lucas. I'm genuinely curious how his supporters will define a successful term in office. The few people I've asked have talked about "fixing affordable housing".

(Prediction: I suspect he'll be mayor until the nanosecond after Cleaver announces his retirement.)
johnmatrix
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by johnmatrix »

chaglang wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:18 am Congrats to Lucas. I'm genuinely curious how his supporters will define a successful term in office. The few people I've asked have talked about "fixing affordable housing".

(Prediction: I suspect he'll be mayor until the nanosecond after Cleaver announces his retirement.)
I suspect the economy can't hum along like it has been and eventually we will have a downturn which should correct some of the pricing. I would define his term in office a success if we see a decrease in crime and some reforms to TIF.

You think so? I would think Kander is the shoe in to replace Cleaver with James being another option. Although I think James would have a much harder time winning in the general.
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

That was an ass kicking. Good thing for a mayor in this system to have going in to a first term. As close as it comes in the system to a mandate, I suppose. Hopefully he can do good things with it.
Last edited by WSPanic on Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Now he has a driver which should be good for him

I kid I kid!
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

Uniting the East side with the republicans was quite a feat.

I guess the lesson is to be the 2nd most progressive candidate on the ballot?
johnmatrix
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by johnmatrix »

grovester wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:25 pm Uniting the East side with the republicans was quite a feat.

Impressive indeed. It's almost like Lucas acknowledged there was more to KC than just throwing money around downtown. Justus just sounded like a robot repeating the same failures of her mentor Sly James. Speaking of which he was on 710 yesterday and his interview went really bad. It's no wonder they got their clocks cleaned at the polls yesterday.
taxi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by taxi »

Even a clean clock is right twice a day.
chingon
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chingon »

johnmatrix wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:29 pm
grovester wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:25 pm Uniting the East side with the republicans was quite a feat.

Impressive indeed. It's almost like Lucas acknowledged there was more to KC than just throwing money around downtown. Justus just sounded like a robot repeating the same failures of her mentor Sly James. Speaking of which he was on 710 yesterday and his interview went really bad. It's no wonder they got their clocks cleaned at the polls yesterday.
If you voted against Jolie Justus because you thought she was a Sly James clone or puppet, you voted based on a very false premise. I can understand voting for either of the 2 candidates, but not against either one.
johnmatrix
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by johnmatrix »

chingon wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:05 am

If you voted against Jolie Justus because you thought she was a Sly James clone or puppet, you voted based on a very false premise. I can understand voting for either of the 2 candidates, but not against either one.
She was an establishment stooge dude.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

johnmatrix wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:15 am

Again, look at their voting records. Nearly identical. Which establishment are we talking about here?
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

I think he's referring the the Q-Anon/KC Rag Industrial Complex
johnmatrix
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by johnmatrix »

DaveKCMO wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:55 pm
johnmatrix wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:15 am

Again, look at their voting records. Nearly identical. Which establishment are we talking about here?
She was James protege and he was "yes man" as they come. She wasn't going to do anything about TIF, would have continued to ignore sky rocketing crime, and ignored neighborhoods as she did her whole time in council. She sounded like a robot repeating the same tired nonsense while Lucas proposed new ideas. That's why she got waxed in the election, I mean really you have the endorsement of 2 of the most popular politicians and you lose by damn near 20 points. That's pretty telling.
Riverite
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Riverite »

I do think it’s tellinng on how falsely the conversation was based. She ignores neighborhoods. What are you talking about, a lot of her council district was downtown. What’s telling to me is that the Jolie people don’t even take unfair shots at Lucas they just don’t like him, whereas you and the other Lucas people keep talking about how Jolie is a stooge, which if you had ever bothered to have a conversation with her you know isn’t the case. I would say if anyone ran a negative campaign it was Lucas, and furthermore I feel like Lucas especially with the way he has been gaming the political conversation is just going to jump ship the second a better opportunity comes up.