New Restaurants/Other Businesses in Northland

Talk about the ever expanding north side of KC.
alejandro46
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Re: New Restaurants/Other Businesses in Northland

Post by alejandro46 »

New Quiktrip slated for construction at 1401 Armour Road, former home of $100 mil+ fraudulent sweepstakes company "Opportunities Unlimited Productions Inc."

https://www.kansascity.com/news/busines ... 80739.html

https://www.kansascity.com/news/busines ... 81749.html

mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

http://www.lane4group.com/wp-content/up ... s_sm-6.pdf A lot pending so,hopefully new to area.
northlander152
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by northlander152 »

Anyone know what’s going in between Texas Road House and Freddy’s over by Main Event? Didn’t see a sign from the highway.
Developersanonymous
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by Developersanonymous »

pretty sure its going to be a TiresPlus location.
w00lyb00ger
Pad site
Pad site

Post by w00lyb00ger »

Another new QT to be built at N.Indiana and 152
missingkc
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by missingkc »

Interesting article in Bizjournal on NKC entertainment district.
With a now-booming entertainment district, North Kansas City businesses have banded together to craft an identity to tell that story and lure more customers from throughout the area.

The initiative to build a branding strategy for the area surrounding Armour Road and Swift Street began about two years ago and continues to gain momentum. Within the next several weeks, the RiverNorth group is slated to receive its official 501(c)(6) business league designation. It aims to brand the entertainment district with the same name.
But by using RiverNorth, the group can begin to brand the area like other distinct districts in Kansas City, such as Westport and the Crossroads Arts District. They want to create sustainability for the district and its local businesses, Gauer said.
Love me some Northtown.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

If I was a young person new to the city Northtowne would be the place I would live. It's close to downtown, easy access to Kansas and there is tons of walkability
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

brewcrew1000 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:00 pm If I was a young person new to the city Northtowne would be the place I would live. It's close to downtown, easy access to Kansas and there is tons of walkability
No E. It's just Northtown.

It actually has pretty bad access to Kansas compared to downtown. At least for places people tend to go to.

But it's insanely walkable. It's one of the places I see the tons of people out biking and walking, and it's much lower density than downtown. When the first cycle track goes in it's going to be a biking destination with the river crossing at one end.
w00lyb00ger
Pad site
Pad site

Post by w00lyb00ger »

flyingember wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:00 am
brewcrew1000 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:00 pm If I was a young person new to the city Northtowne would be the place I would live. It's close to downtown, easy access to Kansas and there is tons of walkability

It actually has pretty bad access to Kansas compared to downtown. At least for places people tend to go to.

But it's insanely walkable. It's one of the places I see the tons of people out biking and walking, and it's much lower density than downtown. When the first cycle track goes in it's going to be a biking destination with the river crossing at one end.
It’s very easy to get to kansas from northtown. The loop is right there. The question to me is why would that matter? I know that I personally have zero interest in going there. I can do anything I’d want or need to do on the Missouri side.
taxi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by taxi »

I love Ye Olde Northtowne! They have some great shoppes there, but it's a scary place for a gal in heels with so many homeless about.
scooterj
Ambassador

Post by scooterj »

w00lyb00ger wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:59 am

It’s very easy to get to kansas from northtown. The loop is right there. The question to me is why would that matter? I know that I personally have zero interest in going there. I can do anything I’d want or need to do on the Missouri side.
Yeah, in addition to being easy to hop on the loop, there's also quick easy access to both the Fairfax Bridge and I-635 by heading north(west) on 9. (Not that there's anything exciting over there, but Kansas access is not difficult there at all.)
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

w00lyb00ger wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:59 am

Because there are a lot of jobs in Kansas if you needed to make that Commute, thats the only reason why i mentioned it
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

http://twincreekscenter.com/ Burlington Coat Factory,Half Price Books,Panda Express.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

Stone Canyon Pizza closed in Zona Rosa and is moving to the new downtown Gladstone. Still operating in Parkville.
alejandro46
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by alejandro46 »

flyingember wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:33 pm Stone Canyon Pizza closed in Zona Rosa and is moving to the new downtown Gladstone. Still operating in Parkville.
I heard this yesterday too. I wonder what happened, ZR has systematic issues - auto-centric, retail only, soft retail market.

I don't know if just "add more residents" will fix it. They've already built some apartments in there.
KCFan
New York Life
New York Life

Post by KCFan »

Osteria Bianchi recently opened in the old Trago space in Shoal Creek near Liberty. It's an Italian restaurant and the chefs recently moved here from Las Vegas. Food is really, really good. Definitely like the kind of restaurant the Liberty area needed. It's only been open a week, but I've already run into friends that have dined there 2 and 3 times the first week, which just shows you how hard up the Liberty area is for quality, non-chain dining. This place is going to kill it.

https://www.osteriabianchi.com/