KC topics that don't fit anywhere else.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Re: Next Mayor 2019

Post by normalthings »

johnmatrix wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:18 pm
flyingember wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:14 pm
johnmatrix wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:59 pm Miller isn't a Republican but if you like tax breaks for the rich and pet projects at the expense of taxpayers Jolie is your girl.
When has the council done a tax break for the rich? This is just ignorant.

The city has a flat 1% e-tax citywide. That's the only income tax at the city level.
On property taxes, the city passed a major property assessment (Go Bond) and it affects the rich with property more than renters.

If anything she's been involved with raising taxes on the rich.
Ah someone with their hand in the sand you must be related to Sly James.

https://showmeinstitute.org/sites/defau ... web2_0.pdf

https://www.goodjobsfirst.org/kansas-ci ... -districts

https://www.kcur.org/post/new-kansas-ci ... t#stream/0
The show me institute is not an unbiased source. The group has an agenda that they are pushing with every article and report. They continue to push this agenda despite often being wrong. ex. Streetcar. Show-Me is an anti urban, anti transit, propaganda machine.
Last edited by normalthings on Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Attacking other candidates vs making claims for what someone stands for is a great way to turn me off. Made this one easy, thank you.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

Again, maybe we have Russian bots...
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

DaveKCMO wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:06 pm Again, maybe we have Russian bots...
an Axiom bot if nothing else.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

johnmatrix wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:59 pm Miller isn't a Republican but if you like tax breaks for the rich and pet projects at the expense of taxpayers Jolie is your girl.

The city has a flat 1% e-tax citywide. That's the only income tax at the city level.
On property taxes, the city passed a major property assessment (Go Bond) and it affects the rich with property more than renters.

From 2012, three years before she was elected
"A recent memo addressed to the City Council and Mayor Mark Funkhouser" which would have been 5+ years before she joined the council. It looks like this is from 2012, though all their sources are long dead or clearly 2007-2008 which isn't even about Mayor James
She's not on the TIF commission.
https://www.edckc.com/about-edckc/board-of-directors/

And she's already gone on record as being against the pocesses for one project the commission approved
https://www.thepitchkc.com/news/article ... functional

Nice try. Should actually read your sources.
Last edited by flyingember on Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
johnmatrix
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by johnmatrix »

normalthings wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:44 pm

https://www.goodjobsfirst.org/kansas-ci ... -districts

https://www.kcur.org/post/new-kansas-ci ... t#stream/0
The show me institute is not an unbiased source. The group has an agenda that they are pushing with every article and report. They continue to push this agenda despite often being wrong. ex. Streetcar. Show-Me is an anti urban, anti transit, propaganda machine.
I knew someone would come along and discredit the source instead of the claim. I also posted other links showing taxpayer money is going to subsidize the wealthy.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

I already discredited the claim, you countered with invalid sources. Nice try.

If you're trying to argue against one person, you need to actually have valid reasons out there, not complain about previous mayors Funkhowser or Barnes as a reason to not vote for Justus
johnmatrix
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by johnmatrix »

That comment was stupid the first time you made it and hasn't gotten any better. You're a corporate welfare whore who's more worried about handing out money like it's nothing to big business instead of other pressing issues that continually haunt this city.
johnmatrix
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by johnmatrix »

flyingember wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:04 pm I already discredited the claim, you countered with invalid sources. Nice try.

If you're trying to argue against one person, you need to actually have valid reasons out there, not complain about previous mayors Funkhowser or Barnes as a reason to not vote for Justus
No you didn't you went on a rant about ShowMeInstitute and gave 1 example of Justus being against TIF.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

johnmatrix wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:06 pm
That comment was stupid the first time you made it and hasn't gotten any better. You're a corporate welfare whore who's more worried about handing out money like it's nothing to big business instead of other pressing issues that continually haunt this city.
1. Not a dumb comment. Your account is acting as if it’s a troll or bot. You are using misleading or fake sources to prove your points and purposely causing division. Classic Axiom strategies.

2. No one talks about our streetcar god Dave like that.
TheLastGentleman
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by TheLastGentleman »

This thread seems dangerously close to ending up here

johnmatrix
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by johnmatrix »

normalthings wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:17 pm
1. Not a dumb comment. Your account is acting as if it’s a troll or bot. You are using misleading or fake sources to prove your points and purposely causing division. Classic Axiom strategies.

Your arguments make no sense. First you falsely claim Miller being a Republican because he has signs on Wardparkway and hired some consulting firm you claim is Republican, yet he has the former Democratic VP campaign for him.

KCUR isn't a fake source and Dave is the one who started with the name calling / Religious bigotry.
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

TheLastGentleman wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:19 pm This thread seems dangerously close to ending up here

I feel like it's more about one poster than it is the entire thread. I like the discussion and general disagreements, but johnmatrix thinks this is 8chan or reddit and needs to come in guns a'blazin'.
johnmatrix
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by johnmatrix »

WSPanic wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:23 pm
TheLastGentleman wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:19 pm This thread seems dangerously close to ending up here

I feel like it's more about one poster than it is the entire thread. I like the discussion and general disagreements, but johnmatrix thinks this is 8chan or reddit and needs to come in guns a'blazin'.
Were a little more than a month out. it's time to rock the boat.
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

johnmatrix wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:26 pm

Boat rocking at the intellectual level you are doing it is actually called poo-flinging. At least, I think that's the technical term.

Maybe I'm in the minority. Carry on with your "boat rocking". You're not doing your candidate any favors.
TrolliKC
Supporter

Post by TrolliKC »

Please
johnmatrix
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by johnmatrix »

WSPanic wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:35 pm
johnmatrix wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:26 pm

Boat rocking at the intellectual level you are doing it is actually called poo-flinging. At least, I think that's the technical term.

Maybe I'm in the minority. Carry on with your "boat rocking". You're not doing your candidate any favors.
I'm not the one name calling I am also undecided but leaning to Phil Glynn.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

I was wondering how long it was going to take for this thread to light on fire. A month until the election...seems about right.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

johnmatrix wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:22 pm

Your arguments make no sense. First you falsely claim Miller being a Republican because he has signs on Wardparkway and hired some consulting firm you claim is Republican, yet he has the former Democratic VP campaign for him.

KCUR isn't a fake source and Dave is the one who started with the name calling / Religious bigotry.
You are confusing multiple different posters. Plus, I never claimed political affiliation. It doesn’t even matter in this race (to me) as long as someone supports pro urban and pro transit policies - something people of both parties can do.
Last edited by normalthings on Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
johnmatrix
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by johnmatrix »

normalthings wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:41 pm
johnmatrix wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:22 pm

You are confusing multiple different posters. Plus, I never claimed political affiliation. It doesn’t even matter in this race as long as someone supports pro urban and transit policies.
Crime and Infrastructure at the 2 biggest issues.