Westport Terrace at Manor Square

Discuss items in the urban core outside of Downtown as described above. Everything in the core including the east side (18th & Vine area), Northeast, Plaza, Westport, Brookside, Valentine, Waldo, 39th street, & the entire midtown area.
KCtoBrooklyn
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Re: Westport Terrace at Manor Square

Post by KCtoBrooklyn »

kcjak wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:17 am Maybe the project is dead, but why speculate just because it hasn't started, yet, and because of some plans for part of the old Beaumont? Is there any tangible proof or just guessing?
Because the old Beaumont is the site of this development. Why would someone submit a plan with the city for an extensive renovation and building addition if it is just going to be demolished for this project? I hope I'm wrong, but it doesn't look good.

Also, Pulse Development seems to have gone silent/dead. They were supposed to have already built the Artisan apartments east of the Plaza, but nothing appears to be happening with that. Mirabelle Phase II seems stalled as well. The site has been cleared but no further movement. I just checked out their website and I no longer see any of these projects listed.
Critical_Mass
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Critical_Mass »

https://twitter.com/kckansascity/status ... 8052146182

Developer says they are still pursuing the project
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

Critical_Mass wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:42 pm https://twitter.com/kckansascity/status ... 8052146182

Developer says they are still pursuing the project
So, who started the rumor?
KCtoBrooklyn
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCtoBrooklyn »

Here is a link for the plans on Compass:

https://compasskc.kcmo.org/EnerGov_Prod ... 59e15fb7a2

Maybe they are changing/downsizing the development so it is just over the garage, leaving the old Beaumont/Char Bar untouched. It doesn't seem like they are going through with the original plans if this new plan on Compass is happening.
Midtownkid
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by Midtownkid »

KCtoBrooklyn wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:33 pm Pulse Development seems to have gone silent/dead. They were supposed to have already built the Artisan apartments east of the Plaza, but nothing appears to be happening with that. Mirabelle Phase II seems stalled as well. The site has been cleared but no further movement. I just checked out their website and I no longer see any of these projects listed.
I believe Pulse sold both properties to Price Brothers.

So they will probably sit empty for a long while.

I can't believe there is still nothing on the site of the apartments Price Bro's wrecked adjacent Cancer Survivor's Park
alejandro46
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by alejandro46 »

On a related note, Manor Square scored a recent big tenant with Sullivan Higdon & Sink who moved in back in November 2018. They noted that this renovation was part and parcel to the overall Westport Terrace project.

https://westportkcmo.com/westport-kansa ... gdon-sink/
tower
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by tower »

Midtownkid wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:39 pm
KCtoBrooklyn wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:33 pm Pulse Development seems to have gone silent/dead. They were supposed to have already built the Artisan apartments east of the Plaza, but nothing appears to be happening with that. Mirabelle Phase II seems stalled as well. The site has been cleared but no further movement. I just checked out their website and I no longer see any of these projects listed.
I believe Pulse sold both properties to Price Brothers.

So they will probably sit empty for a long while.

I can't believe there is still nothing on the site of the apartments Price Bro's wrecked adjacent Cancer Survivor's Park
Wasn't one of the Prices the developer that called for Shields to resign during the Plaza Bowl discussion?
marieantoinette
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by marieantoinette »

I spoke with the developer not more than 2 weeks ago and they were still pursuing this project at that time.
johnmatrix
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by johnmatrix »

Hopefully it doesn't go through. We don't need more unaffordable housing being built would like to see another gym move into Gold's and an arcade bar move into Westport.
Critical_Mass
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Critical_Mass »

you forgot to switch accounts, Darlene
KCDowntown
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCDowntown »

Final Plan for this development was added into Compass today. Here's a link. The attachment tab includes plans with a rendering. It looks like new submission doesn't deviate much from previous iterations other than I think it is a little shorter. There's an 8-story hotel (190 rooms), some office, and a 7 story residential building (220 units). Built over Char Bar.

KCDowntown
alejandro46
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by alejandro46 »

It appears that the windows are much more uniform and there is less unnecessary decorations on the building. It also is just a better render and maybe a darker red facade, but its a better looking building than the earlier renderings in my opinion. Build it!

earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

Better looking. Ideally the Mill St side has retail along it as well at some point. The stripmall across the street needs to be torn down though with a project built up to Mill St as well, and then you'd basically have another pedestrian friendly stretch with retail on both sides added to Westport. And hopefully the lots on other side of Penn are developed as well at some point. Would add a lot to Westport to have both sides of this project fully developed into pedestrian 'canyons' even if just an extra couple blocks each side.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

Bricks.
alejandro46
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by alejandro46 »

It reminds me of Farmland HQ/Cerner Oaks and not really in a good way. It's not offensive and it just kind of blends into the area. They are not going for any design awards.
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

chaglang
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chaglang »

Looks like they found a way to bridge between the character of Ye Olde Westporte and the 80's character of the Manor Square building.
kcjak
Penntower
Penntower

Post by kcjak »

Is this related to the work already stared on the west side of the building?
alejandro46
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by alejandro46 »

kcjak wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:08 am Is this related to the work already stared on the west side of the building?

No, I don't believe so. That is the separate 4050 Pennsylvania Ave that an advertising firm is moving into.

https://42floors.com/us/mo/kansas-city/ ... lvania-ave

https://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/ ... -move.html
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

Looks like the old abandoned Trinity Lutheran Hospital complex on 31st.