Misc Crossroads News

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
smh
Supporter

Re: Misc Crossroads News

Post by smh »

shinatoo wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:28 pm I've been to the Lee's Summit location several times. Foods ok, but I would rate their restaurant skills as amateurish. Kind of a mess, no attention to detail.
I detected this in the build out of the space. It sort of appeared they were doing a lot of work themselves.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

smh wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:33 am
shinatoo wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:28 pm I've been to the Lee's Summit location several times. Foods ok, but I would rate their restaurant skills as amateurish. Kind of a mess, no attention to detail.
I detected this in the build-out of the space. It sort of appeared they were doing a lot of work themselves.
I would say that accurately describes the vibe. I was going to say it feels like a "Nice" restaurant in a rural area. Most of which are finished out by the ower and some friends, and totally feels like it.

They get hella good reviews on Yelp, so what do I know?
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

I have become more worried about the restaurant the longer it’s tajen then to build out. It gives me the, perhaps false, impression that they don’t have it together and that that might reflect on their food, service and decor. Of course, I felt the same with The Russell and was totally wrong. Will definitely give it a shot.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

FangKC wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:30 pm Orange Theory Fitness is opening soon in 1706 Baltimore.
Orangetheory Fitness Opening Soon in Crossroads
Orangetheory Fitness, the Florida-based exercise chain, is opening its 11th franchise in Metro KC in the Crossroads’s space formerly occupied by The Sundry at 1706 Baltimore.
In addition to the Crossroads location, the pair operate Orangetheory’s at 95th and Nall in Overland Park and in Brookside at 6236 Main.

Orangetheory started in Florida about eight years ago and has grown to 1,050 franchises in 23 countries. Boresow said the name comes from orange, the color of energy, and theory, for the science-based nature of its workout program.

“It’s a one-hour, full-body workout,” she said. “Every class focuses on endurance, strength and power.

“Each class is led by a certified personal trainer who tells you what to do, when to do it, and more importantly, how to do it.”
https://cityscenekc.com/orangetheory-fi ... rossroads/
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Checking out the pre-opening tomorrow. I may be dead afterwards.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I may have missed this but the building being redone on the east side of 17th and baltimore, someone told me it was going to have a speakeasy?
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

KCPowercat wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:28 pm I may have missed this but the building being redone on the east side of 17th and baltimore, someone told me it was going to have a speakeasy?
FangKC wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:33 pm Union is opening soon in 1721 Baltimore.
Is that the building with the place called Union?
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

Critical_Mass wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:46 pm There is an active commercial renovation permit for this building across from Mildred's on Wyandotte. This photo is a couple weeks old. Anyone heard what's going in it?

I drove by Mildred's new space today, and the building looks good.

KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

FangKC wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:05 pm
KCPowercat wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:28 pm I may have missed this but the building being redone on the east side of 17th and baltimore, someone told me it was going to have a speakeasy?
FangKC wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:33 pm Union is opening soon in 1721 Baltimore.
Is that the building with the place called Union?
Yeah it was this place.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

Check the parcel viewer for the auto repair shop at Truman & Main...
KCDowntown
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCDowntown »

DaveKCMO wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:53 pm Check the parcel viewer for the auto repair shop at Truman & Main...
And the 2 parcels to the south as well.

KCDowntown
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I'm not seeing anything? It's owned by the same LLC that bought it in 2016 according to Jackson county's sales data?
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

Can we get another clue?
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

The owner, 1501 KCMO LLC, was formed in July 2018. So they couldn't have bought anything in 2016 because it didn't exist yet.

It's registered through a StL business and the manager of the LLC is a paralegal at a Polsenelli address
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

Exciting stuff. They're going to need some pretty intense development on that site given the sales price, no?
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Weird. The Jackson county sales data definitely says 2016 sales date to that LLC.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

Could they have bought the auto service property in 2016, and are renting it to him until they decide to develop it?
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

Maybe it's as simple as they didn't form a LLC yet? Like it could have been a single proprietorship.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

Michael Smith's Farina opens

Photo slideshow

https://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/ ... j=86475241
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

Sequence Climbing Draws Swinging Crowd to Crossroads Opening
Sequence Climbing threw a grand opening party last weekend that drew almost 500 people to cling and swing over its 10,000 square-feet of climbing surfaces.
The new “bouldering gym” and fitness center at 1710 Washington is part of a round of new activity that’s waking up what Hess described as a “sleepy industrial” street.
Sequence Climbing is open from noon to 10 p.m. Mondays through Fridays, and 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays. An individual membership is $65 per month; couples, $109, and families are charged the couples rate plus $25 per child. A day pass costs $17.

In addition to the climbing surfaces, the building has a strength training room and a yoga room. Yoga classes are offered Monday through Thursday nights and during the day Saturday. There are classes in bouldering offered too.
https://cityscenekc.com/sequence-climbi ... s-opening/