Dog friendly patios and places

People say they enjoy Kansas City. Find out why.
WSPanic
Supporter

Re: Dog friendly patios and places

Post by WSPanic »

I don't have a dog. I'll feel like an interloper.

Does Bird or Lyme plan to expand to dogs they place around town that I can grab for 2 hours?
snigglefritz
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by snigglefritz »

I went without a dog and it was still amazing. 10/10 would go back just to drink beer and watch those things sprint around at eachother.
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

But is there a section of BarK where you can enjoy the dogs without having to interact with dog owners?
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

grovester wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:52 pm But is there a section of BarK where you can enjoy the dogs without having to interact with dog owners?
You don't understand, my dog is more like a person. Let me explain to you the seventeen hilarious and endearing reasons why...
taxi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by taxi »

WSPanic wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:05 pm
grovester wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:52 pm But is there a section of BarK where you can enjoy the dogs without having to interact with dog owners?
You don't understand, my dog is more like a person. Let me explain to you the seventeen hilarious and endearing reasons why...
And you won't believe Number 15!
wahoowa
Ambassador

Post by wahoowa »

loop
ice house: dogs on both patios (facing live district is concrete with picnic tables; facing 14th is turfed with adirondack chairs), have water bowls etc., very accommodating. top tier dog friendliness
zoo bar appears to allow dogs. top tier thematically consistent

river market
il lazzarone: they say they allow dogs on patio, but only when it's nice enough to seat on the patio, and 55 degrees in december isn't nice enough (conceivably a staffing issue, that's a big ass patio). top tier glad i called first
strange days: believe they allow dogs at least in the parking lot/patio type area. top tier weird ass beer

crossroads
up/down: allows dogs on patio, water bowl, all the pros and cons of being surrounded by drunk millennials who want to meet your dog. i think allowed both on the street facing patio and the upstairs one, but we didn't go upstairs to confirm. top tier staff affinity for dogs
affare: allows dogs on patio (at least the inner one by the entrance to the dress store) and provided a water bowl. top tier chillest dog patio
keno's: allows dogs on rear patio. top tier spot to watch what must have been the worst disguised drug deal of all time in the alley behind that building that's under construction
tannin: allows dogs on patio. top tier i wish i was at belfry instead

streetcar: allows service animals as well as dogs in small carriers. top tier i hate cars
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

zoo bar I believe allows one dog. Whomever that regular is that brings in his dog.
scooterj
Ambassador

Post by scooterj »

KCPowercat wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:46 pm zoo bar I believe allows one dog. Whomever that regular is that brings in his dog.
They allow all dogs, as long as they stay well behaved. There are actually a few "dog regulars". There's a huge water bowl for them in the game room.
Dogs that bark too much might get asked to leave, and if two dogs aren't getting along the dog that arrived second might be asked to leave if the owners can't keep them separated. (Of course, the owner's dog takes priority over all others if there's a dog conflict.)

Source: I'm usually there twice a week, my wife is one of the bartenders, and the owner has been to my house several times (along with his dogs). :lol:
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

maybe the guy I'm thinking about is actually the owner....my zoo bar experience is on an annual basis.
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

Zoo Bar did a pretty good job of ignoring the smoking ban for quite a while. Their pool room and the pool room at Davey's Uptown were the last holdouts in KCMO that I knew of.
scooterj
Ambassador

Post by scooterj »

KCPowercat wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:48 pm maybe the guy I'm thinking about is actually the owner....my zoo bar experience is on an annual basis.
If it's a senior male black lab, then you're right! That's Mikey, and every time I see him I go home and ask my dogs why they can't be that good so I can take them out in public.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

that's the one
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

Bar K hired a COO with major franchising experience for a path to expansion...
https://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/ ... t-coo.html
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

earthling wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:17 pm Bar K hired a COO with major franchising experience for a path to expansion...
The space is amazing but I think it would be hard for that kind of build out in a lot of urban cities, u would have to find some abandoned industrial areas or up and coming areas, they got lucky with KC cause the river had no development at all, so the setting is beautiful and there is a ton of space for parking
longviewmo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by longviewmo »

brewcrew1000 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:04 pm
earthling wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:17 pm Bar K hired a COO with major franchising experience for a path to expansion...
The space is amazing but I think it would be hard for that kind of build out in a lot of urban cities, u would have to find some abandoned industrial areas or up and coming areas, they got lucky with KC cause the river had no development at all, so the setting is beautiful and there is a ton of space for parking
Hearing that they're looking at Wichita, OKC, etc. which aren't exactly beacons of lack of space.