Lenexa CityCenter

Find out what's going on in the Sunflower State's portions of the Metro here.
mistervinix
New York Life
New York Life

Re: Lenexa CityCenter

Post by mistervinix »

joshmv wrote:A friend of mine is moving to Lenexa which made me wonder how City Center was coming along. I found this page with some renderings I hadn't seen before.

http://www.klover.net/city-center-lenexa-2/

Other than that I didn't find much in the last month other than a meeting to update people on the Civic Center that they expect to start building in 2015.
Those renderings look pretty up-to-date as they show the Cerner headquarters and an adjacent building (the small one to the North). Both are finished. Another large building is under construction to the West, as well as a hotel along 435 (not shown). Also, near the northeast corner of 87th and Renner is a large apartment complex well under way (also not shown). The rest of the buildings in those renderings are highly speculative I would say. Nothing has been built in the medium of 87th.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

Lenexa City Center adds yet another mixed-use project

https://tinyurl.com/y7j39m7o
TrolliKC
Supporter

Post by TrolliKC »

Lenexa council signs off on development plan for The Yard, a $15 million mixed-use project
https://shawneemissionpost.com/2018/11/ ... ject-75081

The development is planned to occupy about 1.5 acres of a roughly 2.6-acre section of city-owned land and contain 44,000 square feet in a four-story, L-shaped building with two stories of office space on top of a two-story parking garage, and two levels of retail and restaurant space.

The Yard’s outdoor patio space will be integrated with the restaurants and will include pickleball and shuffleboard courts, multiple gathering spaces and seating, a firepit, restrooms and a host station. The Lenexa Planning Commission recommended approval of the project’s final plan at its Aug. 6 meeting, and city staff also recommended approval of it and the development agreement approved Tuesday.

DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

The Yard! #trends
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

At least there's no mass of surface parking.
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by StL_Dan »

I've been playing pickup hockey on the regular for a couple of years at the outdoor rink at Indian Valley Park in OP. The group that coordinates aka Kansas City Ball Hockey on facebook and IG has worked a deal for the group to play indoors at the Lenexa Community Center on Tuesday nights. The court is a bit shorter than ideal, but it's a great way to get inside out of the rain and grab a bevy at nearby Saints afterward.

This is the first time I've done anything in that area other than drive through en route to 3&2 for my kids' baseball games. Impressive area. Still under heavy construction with several street closures. But, it's coming along nicely.