GO ROYALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
phuqueue
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Re: GO ROYALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by phuqueue »

http://www.fangraphs.com/community/adju ... ty-starts/

FanGraphs redefines quality start, finds that James Shields led all of baseball last season
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

Royals 2014 slogan: "Be Royal."
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

Does anyone else worry that the Lordes song is going to be on constant loop at The K this year?
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

beautyfromashes wrote:Does anyone else worryhope that the Lordes song is going to be on constant loop at The K this year?
FTFY.
longviewmo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by longviewmo »

It wasn't on a constant loop last year, so no.
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

They should be playing that song at The K. If for no other reason....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/2 ... 11348.html
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

Lordes' Royals: the new 'Friends in Low Places' cliche song.
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

beautyfromashes wrote:Lordes' Royals: the new 'Friends in Low Places' cliche song.
anything that keeps them from playing Low Places is good with me.
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

I would rather hear 'Royals' 1000x than see fat Garth Brooks up there on the screen one more time. Worst forced tradition ever.
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

smh wrote:I would rather hear 'Royals' 1000x than see fat Garth Brooks up there on the screen one more time. Worst forced tradition ever.
+1000
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

I don't get why the Royals DFA then release Bonifacio, i really think he could have been a great bench and fill in player because of the different positions he plays. I am still perplexed and kind of mad that the Royals still have Jarod Dyson but release a serviceable player like Bonifacio. I guarantee you Dyson would not be picked up by another team if they released him today.
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

Salary plus free agency next year.
phuqueue
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by phuqueue »

Can Bonifacio play center field when Lorenzo Cain inevitably stubs his toe and misses four months?
Unknown JimmyD
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Unknown JimmyD »

brewcrew1000 wrote:I don't get why the Royals DFA then release Bonifacio, i really think he could have been a great bench and fill in player because of the different positions he plays. I am still perplexed and kind of mad that the Royals still have Jarod Dyson but release a serviceable player like Bonifacio. I guarantee you Dyson would not be picked up by another team if they released him today.
oh i disagree. i bet he wouldn't last a week before he got picked up. he's really cheap speed. he's a manager's dream when you need a pinch runner.

however, throw my hat in the ring with those who are disappointed bonifacio was released as well.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Bonifacio is not really very good, that's why Toronto gave him to us for nothing. He's a poor defender and not much of a hitter. He can steal some bases but gives some of it back through stupid baserunning blunders.

Dyson is actually very valuable with his baserunning alone, and is an above average defender to boot, and not a total zero at the plate. He is much more valuable and cheaper than Bonifacio.

They never should have tendered Bonifacio in the first place. Non-tender him, and maybe sign him to lesser deal, but no way was he worth $3 mill.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

Since i'm in like 5 fantasy baseball leagues, i guess i am still caught up in Bonifacio's 2011 season where he stole 40 bags, hit 26 doubles and hit nearly .300. Everyone said breakout, breakout breakout after that 2011 season. Who knows, he probably roided

A lot of people gave up on Carlos Gomez after the Mets and Twins gave up on him but I saw his potential and now he is stud, i just think that could happen with Bonifacio

I guess i just see Dyson as just another Joey Gathright, he is almost 30 which is kind of old for a speed guy.
Demosthenes
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by Demosthenes »

I agree completely Brewcrew. Bonifacio a few years ago was really good, so I think he is still capable of a lot. And Dyson... all he is good for is speed. Come on now, Bonifacio is a better hitter and plays numerous positions, and when it comes to fielding and speed I would say they are about the same. Dyson may be slightly better in the field, but Bonifacio's versatility makes up for it.

I agree that 3 million is probably too much for Bonifacio, but his speed, energy, and versatility are something this team could really use. Notice how his energy gave the team a boost when we signed him. He plays the game really hard. Dyson, I have nothing against, but if I had to drop someone off this team it would probably be him. I just really don't think he brings much to the table. Speed only guys are tough to play.
phuqueue
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by phuqueue »

If having been good for one year back in 2011 is so important then by all means let's bring back Jeff Francoeur too.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Demosthenes wrote:I agree completely Brewcrew. Bonifacio a few years ago was really good, so I think he is still capable of a lot. And Dyson... all he is good for is speed. Come on now, Bonifacio is a better hitter and plays numerous positions, and when it comes to fielding and speed I would say they are about the same. Dyson may be slightly better in the field, but Bonifacio's versatility makes up for it.
Dyson has out hit Bonifacio in the last two seasons and has a higher career OPS+. They are not the same defensively - Dyson is above average, Bonifacio is well below average. Dyson is a better baserunner too - raw speed isn't what matters, its being smart out there too, and Boner makes too many boners on the basepaths.
KCRoyal
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by KCRoyal »

KCMax wrote:
Demosthenes wrote:I agree completely Brewcrew. Bonifacio a few years ago was really good, so I think he is still capable of a lot. And Dyson... all he is good for is speed. Come on now, Bonifacio is a better hitter and plays numerous positions, and when it comes to fielding and speed I would say they are about the same. Dyson may be slightly better in the field, but Bonifacio's versatility makes up for it.
Dyson has out hit Bonifacio in the last two seasons and has a higher career OPS+. They are not the same defensively - Dyson is above average, Bonifacio is well below average. Dyson is a better baserunner too - raw speed isn't what matters, its being smart out there too, and Boner makes too many boners on the basepaths.
I wouldn't go out of the way in saying Dyson is 'above average' defensively. His speed makes up for some of the bad reads he gets, but that's not enough to call him a good defender.