Chiefs

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
hethj7
Strip mall
Strip mall

Chiefs

Post by hethj7 »

I'm suprised more people on here aren't talking about the Chiefs. I expected us to play better in Denver, but am not giving up on the season yet. I still hold out hope that the defense will improve. Plus, if you had to pick a game before the season we'd would probably lose, it would have been at Denver. I just wish we would have looked better than we did.

I would look for the Chiefs to have a good outing this week against Carolina. Delhomme has never played in Arrowhead and his number 1 receiver is hurt. Hopefully that will make for a big day for our defense. And, once Welbourne learns his new position, you have to believe that our offense will get it together.
KCDevin

Chiefs

Post by KCDevin »

Did you know that most teams who go to the Super Bowl lose their first few games in the season?

I predict the Chiefs and the Panthers in the SuperBowl, we will see a rough outcome this next game... One of us will be 0-2
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Chiefs

Post by Maitre D »

Devin: Just curious....why would you pick the Chiefs to go to the Super Bowl?

They've won zero playoff games in 10 years. Only the Bengals and Seahawks are that bad. And they've only been to 1 playoff game in 6 years.

That track record is pitiful.
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

"For 15 years...KU won every time. There was no rivalry" - Frank Martin
hethj7
Strip mall
Strip mall

Chiefs

Post by hethj7 »

A lot of people have picked the Chiefs to represent the AFC in the SuperBowl.

And yes, the past few teams to make the Super Bowl have lost their season openers. No need to panic yet.....we are just going into week 2.
KCDevin

Chiefs

Post by KCDevin »

ppa, I just typed a 5 paragraph long explanation about why we will go to the super bowl, and I will not type it out again (i accidentally closed the window). Just read SI, other sports mags, and watch ESPN and ESPN2, oh and learn about every starter the Chiefs have...

They have the potential... Our defense definitely has the potential to stop every play, but they just don't know how to do it...
We have the best offense and there is no challenging that...
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Chiefs

Post by Maitre D »

We have the 2nd best offense in the league.

The only better offense is....whoever is playing the chiefs that week...
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

KCDevin

Chiefs

Post by KCDevin »

man, one thing I cannot tolerate is a pessimist, especially about the Chiefs... You obviously don't pay attention to the Chiefs as much as I do so I won't even bother with you anymore...
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Chiefs

Post by Maitre D »

I just think it's hard to be optimistic given a poor track record. It's kinda like expecting Ralph Nader to be President: i mean, what would indicate that's possible?

I don't know why the Chiefs charge $73/pop lower level.

hethj7
Strip mall
Strip mall

Chiefs

Post by hethj7 »

That is what is great about the NFL. There is reason to be optimistic every year. I doubt Carolina was optimistic going into last year, I doubt New England was too optimistic when Tom Brady took over the first year they one the Super Bowl, I doubt Carolina and Jacksonville were too optmistic as 2nd year franchises when they both made the conference titles games, etc.

The NFL is full of parity and there are very few teams in the league that don't have a shot at winning. I could go on and on with examples from recent year, such as Trent getting hurt in STL and the Rams winning the big one that year.

I do agree that tickets prices are getting a little high, especially when you consider what parking cost now. But, I still love going to games when I can. Actually, I found upper deck tix for the Texans game on Ebay below face value. We have a group of about 10 of us meeting up next weekend for that.
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Chiefs

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

I am optimistic about the Chiefs. Optimistic that they are not going to the Super Bowl. Or is it the Supper Bowl? Or the Stupor Bowl? Doubt that the offense will be as good as last year and little or no improvement in the defense. They may even be a long shot to make the playoffs.
I may be right.  I may be wrong.  But there is a lot of gray area in-between.
hethj7
Strip mall
Strip mall

Chiefs

Post by hethj7 »

Well, I wouldn't lay my money down on them making the super bowl either. For some reason it just seems like teams around here are cursed when it comes to performing well in big games. However, I think to call them long shots to even make the playoffs is a bit absurd. Barring any injuries, I don't see why there is any reason to think they wouldn't earn a playoff spot.
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Chiefs

Post by StL_Dan »

pittsburghparoyal wrote:We have the 2nd best offense in the league.

The only better offense is....whoever is playing the chiefs that week...
FINALLY....a 'realist'.

Nice call, ppr.

SO true.
One State. One Spirit. One Mizzou. 05.22.2011  RIP Rusty, Harli and Hayze
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Chiefs

Post by StL_Dan »

hethj7 wrote:Well, I wouldn't lay my money down on them making the super bowl either. For some reason it just seems like teams around here are cursed when it comes to performing well in big games. However, I think to call them long shots to even make the playoffs is a bit absurd. Barring any injuries, I don't see why there is any reason to think they wouldn't earn a playoff spot.
uuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhh????

ever heard of the year 1985?
One State. One Spirit. One Mizzou. 05.22.2011  RIP Rusty, Harli and Hayze
hethj7
Strip mall
Strip mall

Chiefs

Post by hethj7 »

Yes, 1985...that was twenty years ago. I am talking about teams in the past 10 to 15 years. Besides KU getting their title in 88, teams haven't done much around here considering the expectations.

The Chiefs throughout the 90's...often picked to win it all, homefield advantage in the playoffs, and still, no super bowl apperance.

Kansas. Yes, they make the Final Four and are consistently in the top ten in basketball, but with all of the talent that has rolled through that campus in the last ten years, they really should have brought home a title at some point.

Mizzou - Last year's basketball squad comes to mind. Supposedly a Final Four and national title contender and they just stunk it up the whole year. Not too mention having our hearts broken in big games with plays like the 5th down, the Nebraska kick ball game, and the OU fake field goal a few years ago. Oh, and the Tyus Edney play in the NCAA's. It has to be some sort of curse.

KSU's victory in the Big 12 title game last year was an exception, that was a great performance. But once again, this year gets off to a rough start. KSU and MU both expected to have big years, yet they both get worked in the second week of the season.

I think the Wizards may have won a title not too long ago, but I don't know if that counts :lol:
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Chiefs

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

aknowledgeableperson wrote:I am optimistic about the Chiefs. Optimistic that they are not going to the Super Bowl. Or is it the Supper Bowl? Or the Stupor Bowl? Doubt that the offense will be as good as last year and little or no improvement in the defense. They may even be a long shot to make the playoffs.
Well, I was partially right. The offense is doing really well. The defense is partially better and partially worse. However, special teams are a weakness. And they are now even a longer shot to make the playoffs.
I may be right.  I may be wrong.  But there is a lot of gray area in-between.
staubio
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Chiefs

Post by staubio »

hethj7 wrote: I think the Wizards may have won a title not too long ago, but I don't know if that counts :lol:
2000 Western Conference Champions
2000 MLS Champions
2000 Winner, Supporter's Shield
2004 Open Cup Champions
2004 Western Conference Champions

...and Sunday, they play for the cup. It doesn't get any better than that. I sure hope a few people care. Perhaps a few might be able to pull themselves away from a futile football team to watch KC's best.
hethj7
Strip mall
Strip mall

Chiefs

Post by hethj7 »

I am glad the Wizards are in town and that they give people another form of entertainment. But, for me, I'd rather watch a weak Chiefs or Royals team than soccer. I just can't get into the game of soccer. But, to each his own :cheers:
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Chiefs

Post by Maitre D »

KCDevin wrote:Did you know that most teams who go to the Super Bowl lose their first few games in the season?
Wrong. Dead wrong.
I predict the Chiefs and the Panthers in the SuperBowl, we will see a rough outcome this next game... One of us will be 0-2
Thiefs: 3-5
Panthers: 1-7

Nice work.
man, one thing I cannot tolerate is a pessimist, especially about the Chiefs... You obviously don't pay attention to the Chiefs as much as I do so I won't even bother with you anymore...
There are so, so many good comebacks for this comment, Devin....

KCN
Penntower
Penntower

Chiefs

Post by KCN »

Heh, Devin you're a trip.

This season is over for the Chiefs. What a shame.

Oh well, wont stop me from having fun at the San Diego game.
KCDevin

Chiefs

Post by KCDevin »

Hello guys, I wrote those months ago... Not days ago... lol

However i'm very optimistic about next year...