Please No More Vulgar Language and Swearing on This Site

Announcements about the forum as well as comments, questions, ideas for the forum or the website in general.
KCDevin

Post by KCDevin »

What you guys don't understand is that I form my own opinions by doing my own research.

If I let another person's opinion be considered in my mind, then that is the same thing as converting to another religion... Abandoning your personal beliefs and going to another person's... I will NEVER consider anyone's opinion. My opinion only changes if I myself have done research or learned about something on my own.

"And that yours aren't always the right ones."
Opinions are never fact NOR fiction, they are just beliefs...

[quote]A belief or conclusion held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof: “The world is not run by thought, nor by imagination, but by opinionâ€
nota
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by nota »

Devin, if you are really in depression, you need some help. Therapy as well as some real life activity. Exercise does help.

Speak to your parents, your pastor, counselors at school, etc.

But I know for a fact that here, you must quit bashing everyone and their beliefs and opinions. Everyone feels that their opinions are right.

If one person has the only right opinion then they wouldn't need a forum, they could live and communicate in their own private little box.
staubio
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by staubio »

What do you expect, Devin? You come out saying that you will listen to NOBODY and you want everyone to support your opinions. Then you say that opinions aren't based on complete, verifiable facts.

Why should we listen to your opinions if you won't listen to anybody elses? What makes the opinions of a teenager in the exurbs more meaningful than people that have experienced more and studied more?

Your theory would suggest that people's opinions aren't influenced by life experiences and other people's perspectives. If you are that stubborn, you are bound to be depressed for life.

When I said "why post here if you don't want anyone's opinion," I wasn't trying to attack you. It was a serious question. If you only want people to say "you're right, Devin, you are so wise," you aren't going to get it. There are very smart people here with a variety of opinions. If you choose to take nothing from this forum other than reinforcement, you are wasting your time. From that perspective, you have absolutely nothing to gain from posting here. You know how you feel and you don't care how anybody else feels. Reactions, positive or negative, aren't going to change your stance.

I hope you realize how absurd this theory on developing your opinions is. You'll gain perspectives on factors you had never considered as you learn and experience more. With more to consider, you have more to "research" and your opinions will change.

Opinions aren't like faith. Faith is pretty simple. Believe in God or no. There aren't a lot of factors other than that. With worldy thing, there are countless implications and considerations to be made. Understanding why someone else might think what they think but disagreeing with them makes you stronger. Taking on a new viewpoint and realzing you might have been wrong makes you stronger.

We aren't here to tell you that you are a tiny god, Devin. If that is what you want, you are bound to be disappointed. You don't see any of the ADULTS on this forum insisting that they are completely correct. People with strong opions acknowledge and speak to the opposition. That is how it works.
supastudio
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by supastudio »

KCDevin wrote:I post here because I love KC and I want to keep up with it's projects and development.
Do you love KC like:

A young child who loves his mother, who is the "best mother in the whole wide world" and is always right.

or

A person who loves his friend and can see his friend's faults and mistakes and is able to help me in times of need.
"Architecture is to be experienced by moving through it rather than looking at it."
KCDevin

Post by KCDevin »

I love KC like I'm willing to dedicate my entire life to make the city better. I am a KC fanatic. I know negative things are there, but I focus on the positive things.
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Location: Hangin' with the cons, crazies, and crackheads on 11th & Grand.

Post by QueSi2Opie »

KCDevin wrote:I love KC like I'm willing to dedicate my entire life to make the city better. I am a KC fanatic. I know negative things are there, but I focus on the positive things.
I think you should focus on turning the negative things into positives. :)
The Pendergast Poltergeist Project!

I finally divorced beer and proposed to whiskey, but I occassionally cheat with fine wine.
DTO
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by DTO »

So your only like 16 or 17? Well it's good that you care so much about your city. I don't know about any of your internet disgrace but who cares what other people think. Type what you feel.
ComandanteCero
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by ComandanteCero »

ditto, the forum's about development, and if lines have been crossed in the past who cares, let's talk about what we've come to talk about.
KC Region is all part of the same animal regardless of state and county lines.
Think on the Regional scale.
KCN
Penntower
Penntower

Post by KCN »

nota wrote:There aren't too many of us females here. I guess we are the ones who should be offended by language if anyone is.

Being sworn at offends me, but just reading it once or twice in a thread doesn't too often.

But I just tell whoever swears at me to knock it off. If they don't, I just ignore them.

Being someone who uses many many online forums, I can truthfully say this forum is quite tame compared to the rest.

I appreciate the way KC and gang keep it in line and the discussions going in a productive direction.
Back to the topic of the thread, I think this post is pretty much dead on. Any time you have over a hundred people from all different backgrounds sharing their opinions, you need to be prepared for some rough language. The difference is when someone is cursing for effect (which I sometimes do admittedly) and when someone is directly attacking another forumer. The latter isn't tolerated on most internet forums, including this one of course, outside of the "dumpster".
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

Call me old fashion but there is a time and a place to use profane language. And yes, there might be a time to use the f- word. However, if cusing is part of your everyday language then, in my opinion, you are weak. If you need to cuss to get your point across then work on your vocabulary. You might be surprised on what you can learn.
I may be right.  I may be wrong.  But there is a lot of gray area in-between.
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by QueSi2Opie »

aknowledgeableperson wrote:However, if cusing is part of your everyday language then, in my opinion, you are weak.
Then I'm a fuckin' wimp then! :-#

I finally divorced beer and proposed to whiskey, but I occassionally cheat with fine wine.
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

QueSi2Opie wrote:
aknowledgeableperson wrote:However, if cusing is part of your everyday language then, in my opinion, you are weak.
Then I'm a fuckin' wimp then! :-#

Point proven.
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by QueSi2Opie »

aknowledgeableperson wrote:Point proven.
Kiss my testicles, you lil' turd!

aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

QueSi2Opie wrote:
aknowledgeableperson wrote:Point proven.
Kiss my testicles, you lil' turd!
You are not my type. But at least you worked on your vocabulary.
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by QueSi2Opie »

aknowledgeableperson wrote:You are not my type. But at least you worked on your vocabulary.
:lol:

Anonymous

No Vulgar Language

Post by Anonymous »

It's obvious this thread did not help correct the problem.