"Official" Plaza at the Speedway

Find out what's going on in the Sunflower State's portions of the Metro here.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Re: "Official" Plaza at the Speedway

Post by mgsports »

You have Book's A Million there and Iv'e been to the one in Fern Park,FL and it's good.. Have Calbela's there to.
How about BJ'S Wearhouse but none in the Midwest yet? TJMAXX and More because none of this type in the KC area yet? Mega Marshall's? Ross Dress for Less?
Last edited by mgsports on Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
justin8216
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by justin8216 »

No there is not Home Depot anywhere in Wyandotte County. And Books-A-Million sucks would rather it close and have a Borders or Barnes and Noble at the Plaza Speedway. Already have TJ Maxx at Legends
davidc
Pad site
Pad site

Post by davidc »

I see WalMart is scheduled to open on 27 Oct - so they'll be all broken in when Black Friday hits about a month later.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

Merriam Town Center or Village would be a good place for a Wal-mart. Their's no Hy-Vee or so on over by Village West yet.
Last edited by mgsports on Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

Both Wal-marts in Overland Park are going to be Small Supercenters.
Last edited by mgsports on Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
justin8216
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by justin8216 »

Kohls is breaking ground this month as is Chik-Filet. Vertical construction on the Olive garden and Taco Bell is almost complete.

The Kohls scaled back their original plan. It was going to be a 100k sf sotre now it is something like 66k sf.

Also approved is Red Lobster, Office Max, Petsmart, and Michaels. No word on when they are going to start construction. Although I did find out that Red Lobster and Olive Garden are owned by the same company.
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

justin8216 wrote: Chik-Filet. Olive garden, Taco Bell, Red Lobster...
the enormous FUPAs of exurban WyCo and Leavenworth County are no doubt quivering at this scintillating information! 
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

chrizow wrote: the enormous FUPAs of exurban WyCo and Leavenworth County are no doubt quivering at this scintillating information! 

:lol:
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
the_shadow
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by the_shadow »

chrizow wrote: the enormous FUPAs of exurban WyCo and Leavenworth County are no doubt quivering at this scintillating information! 

I did chuckle at your joke but I live close by to this project and I'm excited about Olive Garden.  I want a job in in QA as a breadstick taster.
justin8216
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by justin8216 »

Ate 2 weeks ago with my family at the new Olive Garden in the late afternoon on a weekday. We were seated right away but the dinning room was pretty full. By the time we left it was evening and it was packed with people lined up outside. Wonder if the Carrinos at the Legends will lose business. Or may be they will gain business from the overflow drawn into the area by Olive Garden. I just can't believe how insanely popular that silly restaurant is.  :lol:

City issued building permit for the Red Lobster on June 15th. If the Olive Garden is any indication I'm sure it will also enjoy runaway success.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

Seriously? Wow. That kind of makes me sad.
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin
nw0
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by nw0 »

mattressfirm,sportsclip,jimmy johns on the block&co website but no petsmart I would die for one
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

nw0 wrote: mattressfirm,sportsclip,jimmy johns on the block&co website but no petsmart I would die for one
Dear lord...there are two of you?????
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

Where on the Website do you see them?
nw0
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by nw0 »

http://www.blockandco.com/b/a/54/313/Pl ... eedway.pdf

(adobe reader req)

two of me-is that bad or good
mykem
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by mykem »

justin8216 wrote: Ate 2 weeks ago with my family at the new Olive Garden in the late afternoon on a weekday. We were seated right away but the dinning room was pretty full. By the time we left it was evening and it was packed with people lined up outside. Wonder if the Carrinos at the Legends will lose business. Or may be they will gain business from the overflow drawn into the area by Olive Garden. I just can't believe how insanely popular that silly restaurant is.  :lol:

City issued building permit for the Red Lobster on June 15th. If the Olive Garden is any indication I'm sure it will also enjoy runaway success.

Even the one in my area (Santa Maria) is constantly packed! Just like In N Out Burger, you can go there at 3pm for a late lunch/early dinner and the place will still be packed! So, that implies Olive Garden is packed every where, not just KC. My girlfriend says Vegas is the same way.
justin8216
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by justin8216 »

Chick Filet opened last Thursday. All kinds of people camped out in tents Wednesday as is typical for Chick Filet grand opening festivities.

The Red Lobster is well underway directly adjacent to the new Chick Filet.

Took my Mom to the new Kohls that just opened in September. It is really nice...I much prefer them to JC Penny's however I think they made a big mistake when they scaled back the size of the store from an originally planned 100k sf to about 65k that was actually built. There is certainly not enough checkout counters. They have 6 to JC Penny's 12 and they had like 4 more registers set up on plastic carts for the grand opening. I think not having permanent back up check lanes is really going to hurt them during the holiday shopping season.

The city also just issued two more building permits for muti-tenant buidlings at Plaza@theSpeedway.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

They will use some for Return's after Christmas.

What's going in that Building?
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

justin8216 wrote: Chick Filet
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

I think Freud just exposed Justin as a serial killer.
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin