Photographers in the River market?

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
910penn
Strip mall
Strip mall

Photographers in the River market?

Post by 910penn »

There are tons of photographers all over Delaware St. this evening.  Anyone else notice or know what is going on?
mojoVA
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Re: Photographers in the River market?

Post by mojoVA »

it is the Kelby 2nd annual worldwide photowalk...check it at scottkelby.com/blog.  just photographers meeting to walk and shoot, I think there is some more specific agenda but that is the just of it.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

mojoVA wrote: it is the Kelby 2nd annual worldwide photowalk...check it at scottkelby.com/blog.  just photographers meeting to walk and shoot, I think there is some more specific agenda but that is the just of it.
Ahh, I was in Omaha taking photos today and there were dozens of people walking around the Old Market area.  I thought I was in Times Square.  It was quite odd.

I had no idea what was going on, just assumed it was a local photog gig.  Interesting to see it was a world wide event.  I don't keep up with stuff like that.

It's nice to not look so out of place though walking around taking photos.
staubio
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by staubio »

That said, though, the River Market seems to be everyone's go-to place for engagement, senior and wedding photos. There is almost always someone wandering around taking photos.
Midtownkid
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by Midtownkid »

staubio wrote: That said, though, the River Market seems to be everyone's go-to place for engagement, senior and wedding photos. There is almost always someone wandering around taking photos.
Meh, maybe outside of the county club district and art gallery area.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

staubio wrote: That said, though, the River Market seems to be everyone's go-to place for engagement, senior and wedding photos. There is almost always someone wandering around taking photos.
:D  I thought it was the xroads - we see lots of folks down our way doing shoots with "gritty" warehouse type backdrops.  The alleyways seem to be particularly popular.  I guess people must be getting bored with the de facto Loose Park backdrop. 
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by dangerboy »

Second only to the J.C. Nichols Fountain in Mill Creek Park or the Rose Garden in Loose Park :)