Tiffany Springs Market Center

Talk about the ever expanding north side of KC.
geeman68
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Re: Tiffany Springs Market Center

Post by geeman68 »

NorthlandGuy wrote: The wonderful and delicious and fantastic Golden Corral is under construction by Home Depot.... ;(
Why can't they build some new to the Northland? Like a Fazolis, TGIF, or something local.
EW.  Barf!  :shock:
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

construction guy wrote: ...the problem is in city staff's inability to craft strong contract language and in-house oversight of the contractors. 
Exactly...In which case its best not to mess with it.  I mean seriously, why try if they can't get it right?  There's no sense in making it cost us more, just because of our city officials lack any ability to write a contract that doesn't look like swiss cheese.
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
NorthlandGuy
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by NorthlandGuy »

Per the KCStar, A Dickey's Barbecue Pit will be opening on Skyview Ave. I assume it will be in or near TS Market Center. From the company website, it looks like fast food bbq....
mshilko
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by mshilko »

They appear to be moving dirt again across the street (north) from the existing market center.  Anyone have an idea of what may be going in, if anything?  I am still hoping for a costco, but they may just be leveling to make it more appealing to businesses instead of leveling for an actual business to go in.  It is hard to tell what they are doing.  They have several bulldozers, scrapers, and large duptrucks parked across the road from chuck e cheeses.
mgsports
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by mgsports »

Menards? Furniture Row? Dave and Buster's? ESPN Zone? TJMAXX and More? Ross Dress for Less? Hotel?
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

I believe it's a massive mixed use project, apartments, some retail etc.  Plus they are connecting Ambassador Drive to Tiffany Springs Parkway.
justin8216
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by justin8216 »

GRID wrote: ........

KCMO is notorious for choosing slow and incompetent contractors, probably just to meet the minority obligations......
Are you suggesting that minority owned contractors are slow and incompetent because of their race or their gender?
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

justin8216 wrote: Are you suggesting that minority owned contractors are slow and incompetent because of their race or their gender?
Wow...are you really that clueless?  Although I adore the effort taken to type and create a post, I have to say that there is a need to pull your head out of your arse and at least attempt to create a halfway educated thought.
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
mshilko
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by mshilko »

Does anyone have any additional details of the project just north of the existing market center?  Tenants or plans?
MissKris816
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by MissKris816 »

im2kull wrote: Wow...are you really that clueless?  Although I adore the effort taken to type and create a post, I have to say that there is a need to pull your head out of your arse and at least attempt to create a halfway educated thought.
Actually, it sounds like you're the one who needs a head-from-arse removal.

His question was valid based on the comment.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

MissKris816 wrote: Actually, it sounds like you're the one who needs a head-from-arse removal.

His question was valid based on the comment.
Sure Maitre.  Maybe you should go re-read Justins post from May of 09', and then Grids post that it referenced from November of 08' and connect the dots...

...Besides, its a little hard for someone to choose a quality, competent, contractor when they have their hands tied by minority requirements.  Its a known fact that these kind of things happen, hell...even Sonia Sotomayor agrees.
THINK (ONE) KC.
mshilko
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by mshilko »

Maybe I can ask some of the construction workers if they know what they are building.
TheSmokinPun
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by TheSmokinPun »

Was walking to the library today and noticed a new donut store opened up in the same strip area as Five Guys, any info?
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by dangerboy »

TheSmokinPun wrote: Was walking to the library today and noticed a new donut store opened up in the same strip area as Five Guys, any info?
What is the name?
TheSmokinPun
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by TheSmokinPun »

It just had a banner that said "Donuts Now Open".
NorthlandGuy
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by NorthlandGuy »

This was written in last weeks Sun Tribune
MarketCenter reduces footprint of its north phase       
News - Business 
Written by Jeffrey M. Salem   
Thursday, 03 December 2009 00:00 
The second of two phases at Tiffany Springs MarketCenter will offer less commercial and office development space than originally expected.

The development plan for the 32 acre development, on the northwest corner of North Ambassador Drive and Northwest Skyview Avenue, was amended by the Kansas City Council Nov. 5 to reduce the total square footage by more than 100,000 square feet of space to 179,000 square feet in a different building configuration.

?Overall, it is a significant decrease of square footage of the development,? Patricia Jensen, legal representative for the developer, told the Planning and Zoning Committee Nov. 4.

The undeveloped area will offer 12 pad sites, to suit businesses such as ?fast food and banks,? according to the staff report. A larger building will house four attached larger businesses.

The previous plan was altered after two wetland areas totaling 2.74 acres were no longer a requirement to preserve, according to John Eckardt, planner with the planning and development department. That plan allowed for 281,609 square feet of space including a 150,000 square foot anchor tenant and two sets of inline shops and multiple pad sites.

The undeveloped north portion of the MarketCenter and the existing south area are split by Skyview Avenue. The southern portion sits on 74 acres of land and includes Home Depot, Target, Best Buy, JCPenney and PetSmart, among several other stores
mshilko
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by mshilko »

Thanks for the info NLG.  Keep us updated if you hear anything on tenants, etc for the new development area.  I am still hoping for a costco.
KC_Hams

Post by KC_Hams »

mshilko wrote: Thanks for the info NLG.  Keep us updated if you hear anything on tenants, etc for the new development area.  I am still hoping for a costco.
Don't hold your breath waiting for a Costco. They had a rep at my job last month and said they are not looking to do any expansion into the Northland right now or in the foreseeable future.

Sorry...    :(
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

2nd metro Red Mango store coming soon.
NorthlandGuy
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by NorthlandGuy »

Thats interesting, with Yogurtini opening at ZR.