Be forewarned - coppers out giving traffic tickets today - Saturday May 9 2009

KC topics that don't fit anywhere else.
Tosspot
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Be forewarned - coppers out giving traffic tickets today - Saturday May 9 2009

Post by Tosspot »

They were abuzz on Southwest Tfwy, and I even saw someone pulled over on my own relative quiet corner of the world here. Looks like they're getting really serious about combating the municipal budget shortfall.

photoblog. 

until further notice i will routinely point out spelling errors committed by any here whom i frequently do battle wit
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Be forewarned - coppers out giving traffic tickets today - Saturday May 9 2009

Post by bahua »

I bears mentioning, I think, that the police will only give traffic tickets to people who break the law.
Tosspot
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Re: Be forewarned - coppers out giving traffic tickets today - Saturday May 9 2009

Post by Tosspot »

bahua wrote: I bears mentioning, I think, that the police will only give traffic tickets to people who break the law.
Yeah?

photoblog. 

until further notice i will routinely point out spelling errors committed by any here whom i frequently do battle wit
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by dangerboy »

bahua wrote: I bears mentioning, I think, that the police will only give traffic tickets to people who break the law.
:cheers:

Unfortunately there are those who feel that enforcing traffic laws is some kind of unfair government oppression. 
Tosspot
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by Tosspot »

dangerboy wrote: :cheers:

Unfortunately there are those who feel that enforcing traffic laws is some kind of unfair government oppression. 
Was that implied in this thread?

photoblog. 

AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

Tosspot wrote: Was that implied in this thread?
I think what was implied in this thread was your whole attitude of:  "Look at me!  I'm Tosspot starting another worthless thread.  I have a crappy camera and I take crappy photos!  In fact, AllThingsKC takes much better photos than I do.  I have a cat and a parrott and I like cheese.  I'm a die hard KU troll who voted John McCain.  I wish there were more rednecks in the urban core.  I believe the government uses puppy dogs as weapons against poor people.  That's why the city is in a funk and handing out tickets to little children.  Beer is the root of all evil.  I often worry about the Royals home attendance.  Now, where did I put my gun, Billy Bob?"

I mean, seriously, Tosspot.  That attitude is getting a little old.  :P

:lol:
KC is the way to be!
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

I was JUST gonna post the same thing
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by dangerboy »

Tosspot wrote: Was that implied in this thread?
yes.
Tosspot
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by Tosspot »

dangerboy wrote: yes.
It was not, you read it in there. Sorry for making a small joke. Very small I guess.

Damn the self righteousness around here can get nauseating sometimes.

photoblog. 

dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by dangerboy »

Tosspot wrote: Damn the self righteousness around here can get nauseating sometimes.
Nice, thx!
Tosspot
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by Tosspot »

Anyway, be careful out there with the coppers giving tickets, is all I was sayin!

photoblog. 

KCLover
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by KCLover »

Watch those traffic camera lights too.  8)
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

some people on here need to lighten the hell up. lots of annoying white people that take themselves way too serious.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

trailerkid wrote: some people on here need to lighten the hell up. lots of annoying white people that take themselves way too serious.
What are you talking about?

Anyway,

KCMO has a massive fleet of traffic cops.  I am all over the city every day and there are corridors in KCMO where cops are notorious for speed traps.

I-70, SW Trafficay, Ward Parkway and Bruce Watkins are three of the biggest.  If you can drive from Downtown to the Plaza on the Trafficway or out to the stadiums on I-70 an not see a single cop with a radar gun?  That's when you post a thread asking WTF is going on :)
PumpkinStalker
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Re: Be forewarned - coppers out giving traffic tickets today - Saturday May 9 20

Post by PumpkinStalker »

They are in Main by Trapps and that electrical supply place 4 times a week catching school zone speeders by St. Pauls.

I also see them hiding in the Sutherlands parking lot on wornall. They wait for people to illegally turn left onto 72nd to go to QT. Then they jump out in front of you and it's all over. Sometimes I sit at One More Cup and watch for cheap entertainment
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Be forewarned - coppers out giving traffic tickets today - Saturday May 9 20

Post by chrizow »

PumpkinStalker wrote: They are in Main by Trapps and that electrical supply place 4 times a week catching school zone speeders by St. Pauls.
do kcpd officers run radar at any other school in midtown?  or do they sit in front of st. paul's almost every day to appease the ward parkway people who line up to drop their kids off there each morning?
PumpkinStalker
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by PumpkinStalker »

chrizow wrote: do kcpd officers run radar at any other school in midtown?  or do they sit in front of st. paul's almost every day to appease the ward parkway people who line up to drop their kids off there each morning?
Very good question. I personally wouldn't know but because of my incessant love of sociology and random useless statistics I make it a point to look at license plates. I always see way more JoCos than Mos pulled over, so I ain't complainin'.

:-D