First Time House Buyer Question

Come here to talk about topics that are not related to development, or even Kansas City.
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Re: First Time House Buyer Question

Post by grovester »

bahua wrote: Buy down? Do you mean paying down your loan?
No, you could pay money to reduce your fixed interest rate without actually refinancing.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

im2kull wrote: Sorry to jack the thread, but question for you guys...

A first time homebuyer, can you get a mortage in two peoples names...kinda like co-signing I suppose...but with anyone and not just a domestic partner/spouse?
Yes - typically you are taking joint tennancy in the house, which is a whole other can of worms. 
studentper
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by studentper »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: Yes - typically you are taking joint tennancy in the house, which is a whole other can of worms. 
no, the ownership of the house and the makers of the note are different.  the co-signor can be anybody who is willing to sign, not just the person with whom you bought the house.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

Oh absolutely - I guess we were making different assumptions about the nature of the relationship involved here. 
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: Oh absolutely - I guess we were making different assumptions about the nature of the relationship involved here. 
Lets say a bunch of college guys want to pool their assets and get a larger house, can they purchase (Rather than rent) by having like multiple ownership?
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

im2kull wrote: Lets say a bunch of college guys want to pool their assets and get a larger house, can they purchase (Rather than rent) by having like multiple ownership?
Yes - you can have tennancy in multiple parties - though the more individuals involved, the more I should think the bank would be skittish about the loan. 
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: Yes - you can have tennancy in multiple parties - though the more individuals involved, the more I should think the bank would be skittish about the loan. 
But the less the chance of a complete default?  Or so you would think...if all the parties involved had excellent credit, and debit to income ratio...but lacked credit history.  The ol' catch 22.
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
loftguy
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by loftguy »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: Oh absolutely - I guess we were making different assumptions about the nature of the relationship involved here. 

That's long been a problem for me. 
LindseyLohan
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by LindseyLohan »

im2kull wrote: Lets say a bunch of college guys want to pool their assets and get a larger house, can they purchase (Rather than rent) by having like multiple ownership?
A Cow-worker of mine did the same thing. Him and three of his friends bought a $400k house together. So when he decided to spend 2 years getting baked while working at a nursing home driving the shuttle, he could still come home to his recently built suburban castle master suite.
Missionite
New York Life
New York Life

Post by Missionite »

CommunityAmerica Credit Union also holds their own loans and services them in-house. They also process and service loans for several other area credit unions including Mazuma. I'm buying my first home and have been pre-approved with a rate of 5% through CACU. I do all of my banking with CACU and couldn't be happier.

www.cacu.com

As a Credit Union member you also will get a percentage of your mortgage balance back each year in the form of a member dividend (since credit unions are not-for-profit). One other perk is that if you choose a Realtor from the CU Realty Services network, you get a portion of your closing costs back in the form of a cash rebate (Missouri) or gift card (Kansas). Just so happens that the Realtor I chose lives in Quality Hill and has been a huge help since I'm looking at moving downtown from the 'burbs.

Matt
Discover America's Theme Parks @ www.ThemeParksMagazine.com