GO ROYALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
WSPanic
Supporter

Re: GO ROYALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by WSPanic »

I believe tonight's game is on TV at 8p. Greinke to start.
If it doesn't have street-level retail, it's an abortion.
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by KansasCityCraka »

Fridays game is also televised  :)
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Royals will be the featured team on MLB Network's "30 Teams in 30 Days" tomorrow night at 10.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

KCMax wrote: Royals will be the featured team on MLB Network's "30 Teams in 30 Days" tomorrow night at 10.
yeah, i did a search with my dvr every week for the last month, until about 2 weeks ago when it finally showed up. and of course, i am taping it!!!
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

kcdcchef wrote: yeah, i did a search with my dvr every week for the last month, until about 2 weeks ago when it finally showed up. and of course, i am taping it!!!
Ha - I was doing the same thing.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

WSPanic wrote: Ha - I was doing the same thing.
it was pissing me off too. everytime you would push the down button for another screen with more listings, you would see seattle mariners, san diego padres, cincinatti reds, and you would think, okay, these teams are as shitty as the royals. ANY DAY NOW MLB NETWORK!!!!!
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

The lineup is a good one tonight. Only missing Aviles, who is not yet back from playing in the WBC with Puerto Rico.

Coco Crisp - CF
Mark Teahen - 2B
David DeJesus - LF
Jose Guillen - RF
Mike Jacobs - 1B
Billy Butler - DH
Alex Gordon - 3B
John Buck - C
Tony Pena, Jr.  - SS
Zack Greinke -  RHP
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

KansasCityCraka wrote: The lineup is a good one tonight. Only missing Aviles, who is not yet back from playing in the WBC with Puerto Rico.

Coco Crisp - CF
Mark Teahen - 2B
David DeJesus - LF
Jose Guillen - RF
Mike Jacobs - 1B
Billy Butler - DH
Alex Gordon - 3B
John Buck - C
Tony Pena, Jr.  - SS
Zack Greinke -  RHP
Should be interesting
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Sweeney is looking good. Lost some weight. Hopefully he can stay healthy. I just can't see it though. With his back and now coming out after 2 knee surgerys last year...
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

KansasCityCraka wrote: Sweeney is looking good. Lost some weight. Hopefully he can stay healthy. I just can't see it though. With his back and now coming out after 2 knee surgerys last year...
Who is he with this year?
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

im2kull wrote: Who is he with this year?
Seattle. He played against the Royals tonight.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

KansasCityCraka wrote: Seattle. He played against the Royals tonight.
How'd the game turn out, or where is it at currently?
THINK (ONE) KC.
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

It was on at 8p on Fox Midwest. Greinke and Robinson Tejada both got rocked. I think it was 9-3 last I saw. Greinke went 4+ and gave up a couple HRs and many hits. Was throwing hard, but his accuracy wasn't there. Can't say it was pleasant to watch, but I'm not too concerned about Greinke. Teahen and Jacobs with HRs. Crisp had a multi hit game. TPJ looked awful at SS.

Friday's game at 6p local time is also on Fox Midwest - I believe that's their only other televised spring training game. But, I could be wrong about that.
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Friday is the 2nd of 2 televised spring games.

Greinke and Tejada couldn't keep the ball down tonight and when they did, they went too far down. John Buck had 9 or 10 great blocks in the dirt before he was pulled in the 7th for Brayan Pena. Teahen and Jacobs both hit their 5th HR's of spring. Guillen looked horrible. Was 0-3 with 3 strikeouts. Crisp looked good, like he has all spring and was 2-4.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

It sounds like Teahen has been doing better lately....is that the case?
THINK (ONE) KC.
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

im2kull wrote: It sounds like Teahen has been doing better lately....is that the case?
His D still needs a lot of work but as long as he can make routine plays...pop ups, ground balls, and double plays. I think he wins the starting job. He made 2 good plays tonight. He has been hitting well, .462 in spring training. If he can keep his power up and hit for a decent average there is no doubt in my mind he will start there. I think they will let a few errors slide if he is contributing a lot to the offense. If that is the case we have an expendable player. Which hopefully would be Pena Jr. Then just have Bloomquist or Callaspo back up SS.

They were saying tonight that Pena Jr doesnt want to change his swing. So if he isn't willing to do that, there is no hope of him starting again. We might as well just get rid of him.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

KansasCityCraka wrote: His D still needs a lot of work but as long as he can make routine plays...pop ups, ground balls, and double plays. I think he wins the starting job. He made 2 good plays tonight. He has been hitting well, .462 in spring training. If he can keep his power up and hit for a decent average there is no doubt in my mind he will start there. I think they will let a few errors slide if he is contributing a lot to the offense. If that is the case we have an expendable player. Which hopefully would be Pena Jr. Then just have Bloomquist or Callaspo back up SS.

They were saying tonight that Pena Jr doesnt want to change his swing. So if he isn't willing to do that, there is no hope of him starting again. We might as well just get rid of him.
This is where I disagree with you.  Pena Jr effectively has no value as a hitter, but is an excellent fielder.  Assuming Teahen can hit good, and field on average, then I would preferr to unload bloomquist with his large salary, and keep Pena for next to nothing as a defensive replacement.  Callaspo could always fill in the gaps then and become more of a utility player, that way on Teahen & others days off we aren't forced to start Pena with his horrible offensive numbers.  Thoughts?
THINK (ONE) KC.
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

I would prefer to keep Bloomquist. He has played OF, 2nd, 3rd, SS, and 1st and has a career fielding percent of .975. He also hits a lot better and gets more BB than Pena does. I know Pena has excellent D. But overall I like Bloomquist more. Bloomquist has a lot larger salary but he is more serviceable imo. He can play more than SS. Doesn't mean we dont unload him before the trade deadline. By then there are surely going to be teams that will need a utility player.

I can see your point though. And the Royals are over the limit they set themselves to, of 70 million (They are at ~75 million). So I could see them unloading him and having Callaspo play most of the spot starts at 2nd and SS.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

I guess a lot of it would depend greatly on whether or not Pena could become serviceable at any position other than SS (Strictly fielding wise).  We know what his offense is like, but the wildcard is his defense at positions other than SS.  That's an experiment I wouldn't mind seeing, not to mention the instant rise in his value if proven capable.
THINK (ONE) KC.
Pendergast
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Pendergast »

I have to watch what I say about Teahan, because I've always liked him.  But he is making it hard for the Royals not to play him everyday come opening day.  We played Pena Jr. everyday because of his defense, so I don't see why Teahan can't play simply because of his offense.  That said, I'm not suggesting he MUST play 2nd base, though there isn't any other place for him to go. 

I still think its a great thing that we have all this competition and are having a tough time finding spots for guys.  We're a little unlucky with the options remaining on some guys, i.e. Callaspo.