Big 12 Basketball 2008

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
phxcat
Hotel President
Hotel President

Re: Big 12 Basketball 2008

Post by phxcat »

bobbyhawks wrote: Good find!

I also forgot that two players from Shawnee Mission East in Kansas went to Oklahoma State around 1997-98, Michael Johnson (transferred to William and Mary) and Fred Jonzen, no relation, obviously.
I was about to chime in on that OSU team that started Fredrick Jonzen, Melvin Sanders from Liberal, and two kids from KCK, Victor Williams from Wyandotte and Andre Williams from Schlagle, I believe?
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

WOW. Is this thing on TV anywhere? MU up 70-44. Not what I expected to see.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Nice revenge ass kicking MU.  That run from 25-20 to the end of the half was a killer.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

this is why the tigers are their own worst enemy this year, they just whooped the hell out of the cats, after getting beat up earlier this year. that loss to the cats is the difference between 3rd and chasing 1st right now for the tigers.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
jlbomega
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by jlbomega »

kcdcchef wrote: this is why the tigers are their own worst enemy this year, they just whooped the hell out of the cats, after getting beat up earlier this year. that loss to the cats is the difference between 3rd and chasing 1st right now for the tigers.

The loss at Nebraska was worse IMO
schugg
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by schugg »

What was the final?
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

schugg wrote: What was the final?
94-74.  It was on ESPNU so you had to go up to the high numbers.  They let Sunnie do the color for the broadcast, which I am sure irked some Cat fans. 

KSU's perimeter shooting/guard production went ice cold for way too long. 
TheBigChuckbowski
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by TheBigChuckbowski »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: 94-74.  It was on ESPNU so you had to go up to the high numbers.  They let Sunnie do the color for the broadcast, which I am sure irked some Cat fans. 
I'd take him over any Big 12 Network color guy. I could actually listen to that broadcast last night unlike when Wow Armstrong and Reid Getys are doing our games.
You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once. Not in 'Nam of course.
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

I like Sunvold too. He's got a great voice and provides keen insight.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

I wouldn't mind Sundvold doing KU/MU games either. He's good. I'm not a huge Doug Bell fan, though. Gettis, Armstrong, Bell and Ron Franklin are all getting on my nerves this year. I like Fraschilla (sp?) - but the rest of the ESPN/Big XII TV guys have been lacking this year.

I was pleasantly surprised when I listened to Mitch Holthus and Rich Zvosek call the CU/NU game last week. They were pretty entertaining/competent.
If it doesn't have street-level retail, it's an abortion.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

WSPanic wrote: I wouldn't mind Sundvold doing KU/MU games either. He's good. I'm not a huge Doug Bell fan, though. Gettis, Armstrong, Bell and Ron Franklin are all getting on my nerves this year. I like Fraschilla (sp?) - but the rest of the ESPN/Big XII TV guys have been lacking this year.

I was pleasantly surprised when I listened to Mitch Holthus and Rich Zvosek call the CU/NU game last week. They were pretty entertaining/competent.

Franklin has been terrible.  I agree Fraschilla is good but I keep expecting him to yell "you idiot!" every time the replay shows how far off base Franklin was on the call.
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

"5 Seconds"?
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

WSPanic wrote: I wouldn't mind Sundvold doing KU/MU games either. He's good. I'm not a huge Doug Bell fan, though. Gettis, Armstrong, Bell and Ron Franklin are all getting on my nerves this year. I like Fraschilla (sp?) - but the rest of the ESPN/Big XII TV guys have been lacking this year.

Sundvold rocks.   It's amazing how much KU fans like that guy.   Probably because he's really a KU type:  well-spoken,  expensive clothes, big golfer, laid back personality.   And of course, a full set of teeth.   If you didn't know any better, you'd think he was born & raised in Leawood not Lee's Summitt.

Anyway props to Mizzou this year.   That game last nite was pretty fun to watch.   They are dusting teams by huge margins in Columbia this season.
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

"For 15 years...KU won every time. There was no rivalry" - Frank Martin
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

I think Sunvold is one of the bigger Mizzou critics when they do something wrong. He's perceived by many to be pretty fair. I think he's excellent.

I really like Frascilla. I liked Franklin for awhile, but this year he is clearly losing it.

I agree the Holtus/Zvosec call was surprisingly good. I'd like to see more of them and less Armstrong and Gettis. "Wow Armstrong" is a great nickname.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

Maitre D wrote: Probably because he's really a KU type:  well-spoken,  expensive clothes, big golfer, laid back personality.   
:lol:
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

KCMax wrote: I liked Franklin for awhile, but this year he is clearly losing it.
He's been losing it for years.  How many games does he do of KU's, and yet he still always mispronounces their names.  At least that's how it was the last few years.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

kcmetro wrote: He's been losing it for years.  How many games does he do of KU's, and yet he still always mispronounces their names.  At least that's how it was the last few years.
Everytime one of the Morris twins is involved in a play, you can hear the pause as he stops to look down at his cheat sheet to look up the first name.  I could understand this if he was doing his first or second KU game of the season, but how many time have we seen those two now?
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: Everytime one of the Morris twins is involved in a play, you can hear the pause as he stops to look down at his cheat sheet to look up the first name.  I could understand this if he was doing his first or second KU game of the season, but how many time have we seen those two now?
The most glaring error though was when Sherron Collins was bowled over.

"Foul on Collins."

Awkward silence from Fraschilla.

"Excuse me, that was Collins getting fouled."
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

The only thing more annoying about the national broadcasts are the camera angles.  BBall is a game that can be shown quite well with one single court overview but it seems these national networks all feel the need to show off the fact that they can cram a dozen cameras into the arena and we wind up having to watch free throws from behind the glass or through the players leg or whatever and next thing you know its a missed FT with a break to the other end of the court that we miss because it takes the truck thirty seconds to switch.  You would think this is something that would improve with the sophisitcation of the broadcasts but I swear it gets worse every damn year.  For Christ's sake stick to the overhead shot - I don't need to watch a free throw through Cole Aldrich's armpit.  And no more god damn tight shots of the head coaches while the ball is in play. 
bbqboy
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by bbqboy »