Saundra McFadden-Weaver is the new Carol Coe

Come here for discussion about the new downtown entertainment district.
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by dangerboy »

Channel is reporting that McBuillshit-Weaver took money from CAAT to pay some of anti-arena poll workers, after she pledged her alleged allegiance to the arena. This woman is following Carol Coe's playbook of trading on racial politics to get more attention for herself.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I thought channel 4 said she took PRO arena money and paid people to electioneer against the arena.

she denied it.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by dangerboy »

My bad, that sounds right. I didn't think she looked very sincere when she denied it.
tat2kc
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by tat2kc »

she's also been bumped from some of her committee assignments. Poor thing:

http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/s ... st=b_ln_hl
Are you sure we're talking about the same God here, because yours sounds kind of like a dick.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

when this was going down, I knew she would be off the PZE committee...that's way too big for somebody going against the mayor to be on.

She's only on the aviation committee...they don't even meet every week....ahahahahahahah

Gorlock
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Gorlock »

LATEST NEWS
1:15 PM CDT Thursday
Barnes replaces McFadden-Weaver on committee
Kansas City Mayor Kay Barnes said Thursday that she'll move from the City Council's Finance Committee to its Planning, Zoning and Economic Development Committee.

Barnes will replace Saundra McFadden-Weaver on the Planning, Zoning and Economic Development Committee, chaired by Troy Nash. Replacing Barnes on the Finance Committee, chaired by Chuck Eddy, is Terry Riley.

Lara Schopp, a spokeswoman for Barnes, said she had no comment to explain the changes, which take effect immediately.

Barnes also announced two other committee reassignments. McFadden-Weaver replaces Riley on the Aviation Committee, chaired by Bill Skaggs, and Becky Nace replaces McFadden-Weaver as vice chair of the Neighborhood Development and Housing Committee, chaired by Deb Hermann
ignatius
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by ignatius »

Ooops, I just posted this elsewhere.

I love this real leadership. Between MKB and Cauthen, things are getting done like never (since I've lived here - 84).
DiggityDawg
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by DiggityDawg »

Yikes...Hell Hath No Fury Like A Mayor Scorned, eh? :lol:

I tell ya, historically I was never really the biggest Barnes supporter in the world...but she's really won me over the last couple of years.
ignatius
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by ignatius »

DiggityDawg wrote:Yikes...Hell Hath No Fury Like A Mayor Scorned, eh? :lol:

I tell ya, historically I was never really the biggest Barnes supporter in the world...but she's really won me over the last couple of years.
She didn't click until Cauthen showed up. I thought she was totally ineffective in her first term. Since Cauthen, the two have been kickin ass. Problem is, ever since Pendergast, KC would never allow a mayor to have much power. Cauthen/MKB together have be able to shake things up and get things done.

Wayne's World, Wayne's World, Party Time, Excellent.
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by dangerboy »

She spent her first term laying the foundation for many of the things that are happpening now. The fact that so many things are coming together right now is evidence that her first term was very effective, even if you couldn't see it at the time.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Also I think her first term was more geared towards infrastructure...getting back to basics, fixing up needs, etc. Which has been done with the bonds, CIMO department.

Having Wayne come in is huge and is only in it's infancy.....dude knows what he is doing and we are very lucky to have an effective city manager finally with all the power he holds.

kcteen
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by kcteen »

she also put a buttload more cops on the streets in her first term which was long overdue.
kc_devotee
Pad site
Pad site

Re: Saundra McFadden-Weaver is the new Carol Coe

Post by kc_devotee »

dangerboy wrote:Channel is reporting that McBuillshit-Weaver took money from CAAT to pay some of anti-arena poll workers, after she pledged her alleged allegiance to the arena. This woman is following Carol Coe's playbook of trading on racial politics to get more attention for herself.
I am not sure I would call her the new Carol Coe....she did some stupid stuff here, and I think was ethically off-base. But believe me, she is no Carol Coe!! Coe was physically abusive and verbally abusive to people, was arrested at least once or twice, and generally alienated people. McFadden-Weaver I have met and I think in general has her heart in the right place, though I think she screwed this one up.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

In addition to Whitlock's damaging columns on McFadden-Weaver and his attempts to humiliate her on his radio show, the Star has put all of McFadden-Weaver's questionable behaviors surrounding the arena campaign on blast:

Councilwoman loses key posts after election
Actions over arena plan anger mayor
By LYNN HORSLEY The Kansas City Star

Mayor Kay Barnes on Thursday stripped Councilwoman Saundra McFadden-Weaver of her influential committee assignments, apparently angered by what she saw as McFadden-Weaver's betrayal of the downtown arena cause.

McFadden-Weaver, who represents Kansas City's 3rd District, said she was caught in a bind on the arena question. She said that she personally backed the project but that many of her supporters did not.

A company led by a friend and political ally of McFadden-Weaver received $5,000 to stump for the arena, even as a political action committee founded by McFadden-Weaver was paid to work against it. McFadden-Weaver said she personally received no money from either group.

Barnes refused to comment about the committee reshuffling, but mayoral aide Steve Glorioso said the motive was clear.

“I was with the mayor on election day (Tuesday) when she found out Saundra's people were opposing the arena, and she was extremely disappointed,â€