Pendleton Heights neighborhood

Discuss items in the urban core outside of Downtown as described above. Everything in the core including the east side (18th & Vine area), Northeast, Plaza, Westport, Brookside, Valentine, Waldo, 39th street, & the entire midtown area.
brian89gp
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Pendleton Heights neighborhood

Post by brian89gp »

Figured I would start a new one since the other thread is quite lengthy and random.  I was driving around the neighborhood a few days ago and noticed quite a few for sale signs and was wondering what the story was behind it all.  Also checking out the PHNA website it doesn't seem to have been updated for a while, are the monthly meetings still held?
catfish1812
Strip mall
Strip mall

Re: Pendleton Heights neighborhood

Post by catfish1812 »

Actually, we decided to close the neighborhood.  Figured this was a good time for all of us to move to Lenexa.
you don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

where is Pendleton Heights?
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
brian89gp
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by brian89gp »

catfish1812 wrote: Actually, we decided to close the neighborhood.  Figured this was a good time for all of us to move to Lenexa.
Damn.  I guess this is a bad time to be closing on a house there?
Last edited by brian89gp on Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
php2
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by php2 »

http://www.myspace.com/pendletonheights

This thread is redundant.
Sportster
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Sportster »

php2 wrote: http://www.myspace.com/pendletonheights

This thread is redundant.
Really?
I found the thread interesting and informative.

Well, what a lovely link!
Especially since half the damn links on the left are inaccurate, inactive or incorrect.
I'm not exactly sure what "Dorri Alexander" brings to the table, maybe who you're looking for is Dory DeAngelo, noted Kansas City historian and native "nor'easter". Dory doesn't have a link, but she's easily found in the Missouri Valley Room of the public library, downtown.

The weekly newspaper - another link that doesn't work.
For the record, the weekly newspaper would be the Northeast News, proudly serving Historic Northeast for 76 years. Kansas City's only independent, mainstream (non niche) weekly.
www.northeastnews.net

Also for the record, PH is located north of Independence Blvd, between The Paseo & Chestnut Trwy.
The western part of Historic Northeast.

Sportster
...not that i'm bias
brian89gp
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by brian89gp »

Thank you Sportster.

The reason I ask is because I have heard that the residents of PH have typically been there forever, so I found it kind of odd that there are what I would consider a large number of for sale signs in front of some of the more well kept houses.
php2
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by php2 »

Sportster wrote: Really?
Yes. There already is a Pendleton Heights thread.

What links on the left? of the Myspace page, didn't make the page, sorry can't help.  Dory who? What are you talking about?
barkerr
New York Life
New York Life

Post by barkerr »

brian89gp wrote: Figured I would start a new one since the other thread is quite lengthy and random.  I was driving around the neighborhood a few days ago and noticed quite a few for sale signs and was wondering what the story was behind it all.  Also checking out the PHNA website it doesn't seem to have been updated for a while, are the monthly meetings still held?
I live in Pendleton Heights. My theory for the number of homes for sale in the neighborhood is due to the poor housing market, plain and simple. You're right that there are a number of residents that have been here 60+ years, but there is a recent bunch of younger folks moving in (I'd like to consider my wife and I a part of this group).

Only the meeting minutes haven't been updated since January. The meetings are still held the second Tuesday of the month. The board meeting begins at 6pm and the regular meeting follows at 7pm. Please feel free to e-mail the president of PHNA off the PH site.

We've been here 2 1/2 years and love fixing up our 1885 Victorian. Welcome!
brian89gp
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by brian89gp »

barkerr wrote: I live in Pendleton Heights. My theory for the number of homes for sale in the neighborhood is due to the poor housing market, plain and simple. You're right that there are a number of residents that have been here 60+ years, but there is a recent bunch of younger folks moving in (I'd like to consider my wife and I a part of this group).

Only the meeting minutes haven't been updated since January. The meetings are still held the second Tuesday of the month. The board meeting begins at 6pm and the regular meeting follows at 7pm. Please feel free to e-mail the president of PHNA off the PH site.

We've been here 2 1/2 years and love fixing up our 1885 Victorian. Welcome!
That is good to know.  Being as close as it is to bad area's, I was just kinda wondering if I needed to worry about burglar bars soon after I moved in.
barkerr
New York Life
New York Life

Post by barkerr »

brian89gp wrote: That is good to know.  Being as close as it is to bad area's, I was just kinda wondering if I needed to worry about burglar bars soon after I moved in.
I'd say it's block by block, though nearly all of Olive is looking fine these days, as is most of Pendleton and Garfield as well.
kc-vino
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by kc-vino »

If anybody is interested my friend is selling his very cool home in the Northeast neighborhood.  It has been fully restored and is in great condition, has tons of historical charm, is 98 years old, has a pool, is one block from the Kansas City museum and has plenty of space.  See the details below. 

I would not post this information if I didn't think it was an interesting urban property in a very historical, up and coming and cool location. If you have any questions message me and I can direct inquiries at Eric the current owner or you can contact him directly.  I have pictures and would post them but I'm not sure how and don't want to post those annoying X boxes with no information.  I have them if you need them. 
Contact information:
Eric: 913-961-1599 or eric@transtitle.com

FOR SALE:  3236 Windsor Kansas City, Mo 64123

ASKING $199,000 OR BEST OFFER

Great Historical Home in Northeast Kansas City, MO!!!!  ONE BLOCK AWAY FROM THE KANSAS CITY MUSEUM
PLEASE DRIVE BY THE HOUSE AND SEE THE EXTERIOR, IF YOU ARE STILL INTERESTED, EMAIL OR EMAIL ME AND WE WILL HAPPILY SHOW YOU THE INTERIOR
Two story, brick house (one house off Gladstone Blvd) 3 bedroom and 3 bath, Inground pool with deck, new HVAC, all new bath, new garage roof, laundry on second floor. Great historical house, quiet street! Seller will provide home warranty.

DRIVING DIRECTIONS:
Benton Blvd north to Windsor Ave. Between Gladstone and St John

LISTING INFORMATION
County: Jackson Number Bedrooms: 3 Subdivision: Melrose Baths Full: 3 Year Built: 1910
Approx. Sq. Ft.: 2562 Exterior Type: Brick Property Style: Traditional, 2 Story, Detached Garage
Property Type: Single Family Stories: 2 Construction Type: All Brick

SCHOOL INFORMATION:
School District: Kansas City Mo

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Sewer Type: Public/City Water Type: Public/City

INTERIOR FEATURES:
Appliances: Double Oven, Range/Oven- Built In Cooling Type: Central Air Floor Styles: Hardwood Heating Delivery: Heat Pump, Forced Air Heating Source: Electric Heating
Basement Description: Full
Number of Fireplaces: 1
Fireplace Description: Living Room
Additional Interior Features: Walk-In Closet,Ceiling Fan(s)

ROOM INFORMATION:
Number of Bedrooms:  3
Number of Full Baths: 3
Dining Description: Formal Dining, Kit/Dining Combo

EXTERIOR FEATURES:
Garage Spaces: 2 Parking Description: Detached Roof Type: Composition
Private Pool: Inground LOT FEATURES: Lot Dimensions: 72/154 Fenced Yard

FINANCIAL CONSIDERATIONS:
Ownership Type: Tax Amount: $2,935 Tax/Property ID: 13-920-18-11-00-0-00-000

Contact information:
Eric: 913-961-1599 or eric@transtitle.com
Put your money where your mouth is...live downtown.  Get out of the car and walk, shop, and play in the city.  Don't bring a suburban attitude/lifestyle to the city, rather be apart of changing the urban fabric for the better.
barkerr
New York Life
New York Life

Post by barkerr »

This home is in Scarritt, not Pendleton Heights.
kc-vino
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by kc-vino »

What is the boundary?  I thought Pendleton heights hugged Gladstone BLVD past the fountain about 5 blocks. 
Put your money where your mouth is...live downtown.  Get out of the car and walk, shop, and play in the city.  Don't bring a suburban attitude/lifestyle to the city, rather be apart of changing the urban fabric for the better.
catfish1812
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by catfish1812 »

Nope.  We stop at Chestnut.
you don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows