New QuikTrip near Antioch Mall

Talk about the ever expanding north side of KC.
KC_Hams

New QuikTrip near Antioch Mall

Post by KC_Hams »

QuikTrip store #238 is proposed for the SE corner of Vivion Rd & NE Antioch Rd. If I read this right, this is the site of the former Bill Woods Ford.

http://cityclerk.kcmo.org/liveweb/Meeti ... jSktJmhxDJ

Item 080108
4everNorthlander
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Re: New QuikTrip near Antioch Mall

Post by 4everNorthlander »

KC_Hams wrote: QuikTrip store #238 is proposed for the SE corner of Vivion Rd & NE Antioch Rd. If I read this right, this is the site of the former Bill Woods Ford.

http://cityclerk.kcmo.org/liveweb/Meeti ... jSktJmhxDJ

Item 080108
Huh, guess it's been awhile since I've been over there. Didn't even know Bill Woods was gone.
Crazy mom of 4!  KC resident, Liberty schools
KC_Hams

Post by KC_Hams »

Huh, guess it's been awhile since I've been over there. Didn't even know Bill Woods was gone.
It closed about the time the new Gary Crossley location opened on Church Road. I'm guessing it's been over a year.

BTW, found some more info. The store will go on the north side of the access road between Antioch & KMart. The south parcel may become a QT car wash.
Proposed Tract B is on the east and north sides of the site and contains 1.8 acres.  Tract B will primarily contain a 3,437 SF car wash but will also contain eight vacuum stations.  The entrance to the car wash will be from the south private entrance drive.  The drive will have two lanes, northbound and will contain an escape lane just prior to the car wash.  The applicant stated that Tract B may not be built with Tract A.  The Quik Trip company is currently analyzing whether to begin installing car washes at new facilities and will make that decision in the future.
http://cityclerk.kcmo.org/LiveWeb/Docum ... SgxfH3k%3D
4everNorthlander
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by 4everNorthlander »

KC_Hams wrote: It closed about the time the new Gary Crossley location opened on Church Road. I'm guessing it's been over a year.

BTW, found some more info. The store will go on the north side of the access road between Antioch & KMart. The south parcel may become a QT car wash.

http://cityclerk.kcmo.org/LiveWeb/Docum ... SgxfH3k%3D

Wish the QT up here on 291 was big enough for a car wash.
Crazy mom of 4!  KC resident, Liberty schools
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

Are there ANY QT's that have car washes?
KC is the way to be!
CoolSarah
Pad site
Pad site

Post by CoolSarah »

4everNorthlander wrote: Huh, guess it's been awhile since I've been over there. Didn't even know Bill Woods was gone.
Just FYI - the Clay County Democratic HQ is currently located in one of the old Bill Woods buildings at 5005 N E Antioch Rd.
Sussudio

Post by Sussudio »

I didn't think any of the QTs had car washes either.

I haven't been over my the Antioch Mall in about a year, but the last time I was there the area was looking fairly old. It would be nice for them to get a "clean up."
justin8216
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by justin8216 »

AllThingsKC wrote: Are there ANY QT's that have car washes?
This is something new for QuikTrip. The founder of QuikTrip, Chester Cadieux, (QuikTrip is a privately held Company controlled by the Cadieux family. No stores are franchise, they are all corporate owned and operated) had a dislike for car washes and refused to consider them. He is retired now and his son, Chet Cadieux runs QuikTrip and has decided to dabble in the gas station car wash business.
justin8216
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by justin8216 »

What is the status of the redevelopment of Antioch Mall?

I drove by last Saturday on my way to Tommy's for dinner with my church (we always go out to eat after service on Saturday) and was surprised that nothing has happed with this redevelopment project.

On a side note, I was at first a little put off by the exterior of Tommy's although it is true they have a very nice patio, but was pleasantly surprised when I went inside. The food, atmosphere, and service were all excellent.
Gladstoner
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Gladstoner »

justin8216 wrote: On a side note, I was at first a little put off by the exterior of Tommy's although it is true they have a very nice patio, but was pleasantly surprised when I went inside. The food, atmosphere, and service were all excellent.
BTW, the original front awning was destroyed by the 2003 tornado. They replaced it with the current solid structure.
A fool and your money are soon united.
KCK
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by KCK »

I guess the goal of the company is to locate a Quiktrip at every highway exit in the entire Northland, hell the entire metro for that matter :D
New Body, New Job, New SOUL!!!!

KCK IS BACK!!!!
NorthlandGuy
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by NorthlandGuy »

At least this will be a 'nicer' Quik Trip. I drove by today and there a brick surrounds on the columns at the pumps.