TSC Renovations

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
kanasalumn
Strip mall
Strip mall

Re: TSC Renovations

Post by kanasalumn »

parking and getting into stadium today was kind of a pain, but love that scoreboard
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

Now that the fans got to see it up close today, any word on what some of the fans said about the renovations?
KC is the way to be!
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by KansasCityCraka »

AllThingsKC wrote: Now that the fans got to see it up close today, any word on what some of the fans said about the renovations?
Most of them were probably from outside Jackson County so they love it :P
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

kard
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by kard »

I'm being serious here...does it look better in person?
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
geeman68
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by geeman68 »

kard wrote: I'm being serious here...does it look better in person?
Had a co-worker attend opening day.  He and his group said it was the biggest most awesome thing.  Though they saw it during the day time, they think night time events would make it look even more awesome. 
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

I heard people rave about the scoreboard. My buddy couldn't stop talking about. I love how they put so much information in it. They even put pitch count and OPS on there.  I also really liked the new out-of-town scoreboard on the wall.

That's about the only other discernable changes though. There's a lot of stuff boarded up. The place looks like a mess.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

KCMax wrote: I heard people rave about the scoreboard. My buddy couldn't stop talking about. I love how they put so much information in it. They even put pitch count and OPS on there.  I also really liked the new out-of-town scoreboard on the wall.

That's about the only other discernable changes though. There's a lot of stuff boarded up. The place looks like a mess.
Agreed Max. I like how the stats are automatically updated too.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
kanasalumn
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by kanasalumn »

I noticed ther are stairs on end of each side from the corner of view level with a stop in Club, and to the plaza level.  Are those perm or are those temporay until they placed in the esculators are originally planned?
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

I heard on Soren Petro that the escalator has been nixed.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
jimb
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by jimb »

NDTeve wrote: I heard on Soren Petro that the escalator has been nixed.

I like an escalator because an escalator can never break, it can only become stairs. There would never be an "Escalator Temporarily Out of Order" sign, only an "Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience."

--  Mitch Hedberg
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

jimb wrote:
I like an escalator because an escalator can never break, it can only become stairs. There would never be an "Escalator Temporarily Out of Order" sign, only an "Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience."

--  Mitch Hedberg
I miss him :(
KCBoom
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by KCBoom »

kanasalumn wrote: I noticed ther are stairs on end of each side from the corner of view level with a stop in Club, and to the plaza level.  Are those perm or are those temporay until they placed in the esculators are originally planned?
Stairs on ends are permanent.
NDTeve wrote: I heard on Soren Petro that the escalator has been nixed.
The single large escalators are going away, but similar to the new stairs with multiple levels there will be new escalators serving the same pupose with a stop/platform on each level.
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

I'm being serious here...does it look better in person?
It's awesome - actually a better picture than watching the game live. If they showed the game continually on the board I would have no use for the field.

It's actually is very impressive. The quality of the picture is outstanding and the information on it is actually informative for a change. And it'll look better once they put the crown on it.

The rest of the place is a mess. The bullpens are now sideways - compared to how they were before (pitchers pitch along the outfield wall rather than away from it). There are fewer seats on the old GA as a result. The areas behind fountains/old GA are pretty much just dirt.

On the lower/main concourse, things are packed in even more than before. The bathrooms and concessions are basically the same. For crowded games (like opening day) it's a pain to move around the main concourse.

There are two new, larger entrances ("tunnels") to the lowest concourse from the area that divides Field/Plaza levels. Not sure why this was done.
If it doesn't have street-level retail, it's an abortion.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

WSPanic wrote: It's awesome - actually a better picture than watching the game live. If they showed the game continually on the board I would have no use for the field.

It's actually is very impressive. The quality of the picture is outstanding and the information on it is actually informative for a change. And it'll look better once they put the crown on it.

The rest of the place is a mess. The bullpens are now sideways - compared to how they were before (pitchers pitch along the outfield wall rather than away from it). There are fewer seats on the old GA as a result. The areas behind fountains/old GA are pretty much just dirt.

On the lower/main concourse, things are packed in even more than before. The bathrooms and concessions are basically the same. For crowded games (like opening day) it's a pain to move around the main concourse.

There are two new, larger entrances ("tunnels") to the lowest concourse from the area that divides Field/Plaza levels. Not sure why this was done.
The larger entrances will be the only entrances to the under field concourse when they are done. Remember they have two years of work left to do.  Things are gonna get worse before they get worse.
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

shinatoo wrote: The larger entrances will be the only entrances to the under field concourse when they are done. Remember they have two years of work left to do.  Things are gonna get worse before they get worse.
Thats encouraging.  :P
Mizzou05
Pad site
Pad site

Post by Mizzou05 »

Don't know if this has been posted already, but it's a pretty good website with indepth pics on the renovations.

http://www.kauffmanstadiumrenovation.com/Home
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

Does anybody have any detailed plans of the stadiums?  What is going on with the right field side?  Are those stairs temporary?  Will they be enclosed?  I thought they were putting in an escalator where the new stairs are.  The renderings just show an enclosed concourse.  Where exactly is the press box going, at the bottom of the upper deck?
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

GRID wrote: Does anybody have any detailed plans of the stadiums?  What is going on with the right field side?  Are those stairs temporary?  Will they be enclosed?  I thought they were putting in an escalator where the new stairs are.  The renderings just show an enclosed concourse.  Where exactly is the press box going, at the bottom of the upper deck?
I'm not sure. I'd try emailing Kevin Uhlich with the Royals, he's overseeing the project.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

The stairs on each end are permanent, not sure if they will be enclosed or not. Esclators have been replaced for the stairs you see now. the lower half of the press boxes will move to the lower part of the upper deck. A resturant will be placed in the location of the lower press boxes.