Drug Trade on Wyandotte in Wesport

Discuss items in the urban core outside of Downtown as described above. Everything in the core including the east side (18th & Vine area), Northeast, Plaza, Westport, Brookside, Valentine, Waldo, 39th street, & the entire midtown area.
briantsmith25
New York Life
New York Life

Drug Trade on Wyandotte in Wesport

Post by briantsmith25 »

I need some advice on what to. There is quite the drug trade that goes on 39th and Wyandotte right by my apartment. It goes on right behind the Labor Ready on the sidewalk  EVERYDAY!!! I can sit on my front porch and watch these fuckers and it seems to be getting worse as the summer goes along. I have called the cops numerous times and IF they show up they do very little and it obviously is not deterring these guys. Is there a different outlet that I can go through to get more results. I called the street narcotics unit and left a message but low and behold I recieved no call back. I don't want to give up and just say fuck it because this is my neighborhood and I'm not going to let it be taken over if I can do anything about it. These people don't live on my street and other that that the street is quite pleasant. I just don't know what else to do.. :x
Dream as if you will live forever... Live as if you were to die today..
tat2kc
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Re: Drug Trade on Wyandotte in Wesport

Post by tat2kc »

Call the Star's watchdog reporter. Sad to say, but only if the issue is raised publicly will you get a response. And even that might not work. We have the same problem at Prospect and Independence Ave., and the police response was that they know what is happening at the intersection, but that they do not have the manpower to do anything about it.  Good luck!
Are you sure we're talking about the same God here, because yours sounds kind of like a dick.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Do nothing because you are racist if you do anything about it. &
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
PumpkinStalker
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by PumpkinStalker »

KCMax wrote: Do nothing because you are racist if you do anything about it. &
HA!  Sad...

but true?

Probably.
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by dangerboy »

Be a squeaky wheel.  Keep calling the street narc unit.  Call everyday until they return your call. Call the Central Patrol precinct and find out what officers are assigned to your neighborhood.  Call your neighborhood association president.  They likely have cell phone numbers for your local cops, or at least a good working relationship with them.  Also talk your City Council reps, Beth Gottstein and Jan Marcason.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

Keep calling the cops. Write the mayor or city council. If you're a real brave sort, get a camera and videotape the thugs.

Shorting your police and fire departments to build high end jewelry stores and parking lots == priceless.
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin
briantsmith25
New York Life
New York Life

Post by briantsmith25 »

mean wrote:
Shorting your police and fire departments to build high end jewelry stores and parking lots == priceless.
Huh???
KCTigerFan
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by KCTigerFan »

Agree with the other posts, keep calling the cops... ALL the damn time.  The first house I bought in KC was on a corner lot.  The side street was quiet but ended up being a haven for dumped stolen cars.  That also led to some shady characters milling about at all hours, a couple houses were burglarized.  It ended up taking six months, but my neighbors and I added new exterior lights to our homes and called the cops sometimes 10-12 times a night.  Now the street is clean and there hasn't been any trouble, from what I understand, for four years. 
briantsmith25
New York Life
New York Life

Post by briantsmith25 »

UPDATE:
Just about 20 minutes after I started this thread I got a call back from the street narcotics unit. I gave the seceratery all of my info and concerns and she said that she would have a detective get in contact with me. So.... we will see what happens
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

Perhaps recruit friends, neighbors, family, and forum members to try sitting out on the sidewalk in front of the labor ready in lawn chairs?  I would think the dealers/buyers would get uncomfortable fairly fast.  Of course there is the possible side effect of violence - but safety in numbers . . .
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

briantsmith25 wrote: Huh???
If you put more question marks does that mean anything in particular? Like you're really super extra confused?
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

definitely call your councilperson if you get no results from the police!
briantsmith25
New York Life
New York Life

Post by briantsmith25 »

mean wrote: If you put more question marks does that mean anything in particular? Like you're really super extra confused?
Whats the point of being an ass???????????????????
KC-wildcat
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by KC-wildcat »

I wonder if Dog the Bounty Hunter breaks up drug deals in his spare time?
midtown guy
New York Life
New York Life

Post by midtown guy »

Our area has a "preventative crime" unit that is excellent about following these types of things.  They sometimes let things go on longer than I'd prefer, but they wait it out until they can get a big bust on them vs a petty thing that will just let them back on the street in a day or two.  You should find out if your area has one (ours may actually cover your area) and contact them.  And call the police station often.  Even if they do nothing, logging the reports a) gets more resources dedicated to your area and b) gives them more numbers to go into ask for more money in the departmental budget.
tjokskalle
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by tjokskalle »

Get your camera and take pics of the dealers and users;you can gives these to narcotics for
reference in the chance that they may be wanted for outstanding warrants and have you contacted
labour ready and told them whats going on? I always take things a little further..paint ball guns ,sling shots..what ever works best at the moment.

I HATE DRUG DEALERS WITH A SEETHING PASSION!
the rubber on the wheel..is quicker than the rubber on the heel.
nota
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by nota »

briantsmith25 wrote: Whats the point of being an ass???????????????????
It's his job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

tjokskalle wrote:     I HATE DRUG DEALERS WITH A SEETHING PASSION!
omigod! me, too! i also like soup. do you like soup?  :wink:
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

briantsmith25 wrote: Whats the point of being an ass???????????????????
Sorry if you think I'm being an ass, but what's the point in responding to a statement with, "Huh?" I'm sure you're capable of actually asking a specific question if you are unclear about what I said.
DaveKCMO wrote: omigod! me, too! i also like soup. do you like soup?  :wink:
I can't believe you like money, too! We should hang out.
tompendergast
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by tompendergast »

briantsmith25 wrote: I need some advice on what to. There is quite the drug trade that goes on 39th and Wyandotte right by my apartment. It goes on right behind the Labor Ready on the sidewalk  EVERYDAY!!! I can sit on my front porch and watch these fuckers and it seems to be getting worse as the summer goes along. I have called the cops numerous times and IF they show up they do very little and it obviously is not deterring these guys. Is there a different outlet that I can go through to get more results. I called the street narcotics unit and left a message but low and behold I recieved no call back. I don't want to give up and just say fuck it because this is my neighborhood and I'm not going to let it be taken over if I can do anything about it. These people don't live on my street and other that that the street is quite pleasant. I just don't know what else to do.. :x
Why do you have to do anything about it at all?  How is it a problem for you?  Are these drug users/sellers hurting you somehow?  If so, how?  If not, leave them alone - it's their bodies, after all. 

No wonder the cops don't care.  This is KCMO... they have far higher priorities than someone using/selling narcotics, like solving murders, rapes, and other violent crimes, of which we have many.  What a person does with their body, as long as it isn't being forced on others (and it sounds like it isn't) isn't our cops' priority for controlling.

To be more colloquial, "chill out."  :)
"Mistrust those in whom the urge to punish is strong." - Friedrich Nietzsche