BMA Tower Status

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
rxlexi
Penntower
Penntower

BMA Tower Status

Post by rxlexi »

this is great news..one thing though-isn't it funny how much people despise skateboarding/boarders? I don't skate, but I can't imagine how frustrated I'd be with the current situation here, getting booted around from one spot to the next...geez just give 'em a park somewhere (may as well be over on Troost or somewhere a bit east...it would a nice boost for the area, make it more racially mixed, and skaters wouldn't really care either way).
are we spinning free?
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

BMA Tower Status

Post by FangKC »

It's also on the Register of Historic Places, which limits the types of modifications that can be done.

Re: skateboard park. I also am puzzled by the animosity that seems to arise regarding the location of skate parks. I can't see how a skate park would negatively affect the BMA Tower if it goes condo. It's in the park afterall, and the park is a public place. The park doesn't just exist for the benefit of condo owners on its periphery. What's the problem? Are they afraid of teens wearing strange clothes?

This city has a very hostile attitude towards teenagers IMO.
There is no fifth destination.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

BMA Tower Status

Post by GRID »

Kids hanging out doing a popular sport or gay male prostitutes hanging out doing a not so popular activities?
scooterj
Ambassador

BMA Tower Status

Post by scooterj »

FangKC wrote:I can't see how a skate park would negatively affect the BMA Tower if it goes condo.
If they go retirement condo all their tenants would be shaking their canes out the windows, shouting "Hey, you kids!"