Demonstration at City Hall

Announcements about the forum as well as comments, questions, ideas for the forum or the website in general.
Paintfumes
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Paintfumes »

ReclaimDemocracy.org/KC is joining other groups and concerned citizens in a demonstration at City Hall to demand that the city auditor's TIF (Tax-Increment Financing) audit be released to the public immediately! The Black Agenda Group joins us in the effort. Other groups and all concerned citizens are welcome.

Clearly, City Hall will not release the TIF audit to the public until a robust public outcry is more embarrassing to them than the facts about TIF that they're trying to hide.

414 E 12th St Kansas City, MO

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Rally starts: 9:45 AM

Press Conference: 10 AM

This demonstration will address the issue of transparency in city government and is entirely nonpartisan.
"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" Jeremiah 29:11
kard
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Demonstration at City Hall

Post by kard »

Paintfumes wrote: Clearly, City Hall will not release the TIF audit to the public until a robust public outcry is more embarrassing to them than the facts about TIF that they're trying to hide.
The draft was released yesterday afternoon.  :)
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Demonstration at City Hall

Post by mean »

Ah, who cares. That report is full of facts. Facts are for people who like to fix problems and stuff; it's better to just pretend there are no problems and call anybody who points out problems a "pessimist". That way, there never are any problems!
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin