Relo? Where to go?

New to downtown life? Have questions? Urban living expert, come share your thoughts.
Txgrl
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Re: Relo? Where to go?

Post by Txgrl »

Okay, so far I have the following zip codes:

64109 – Hyde Park Central
64110 – Crestwood, Hyde Park South
64111 – Southmoreland, Hyde Park, Coleman Highlands, Roanoke
64112 - Westwood
64113 – Brookside, Morningside
64114 – Waldo
64123 – Scarritt Renaissance
64124 – Pendleton Heights
64131 – Rockhill Gardens, Westbrook Plaza
66205 - Fairway

Others that were mentioned but that I don't have zip codes for: Westside, South Plaza, West Plaza.  Am I missing anything?
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

South Plaza and West Plaza should be included in 64112 (and maybe 64111). 

Westside is 64108.
heatherkay
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by heatherkay »

I would throw in Rosedale as well -- 66103 -- just for the hell of it.  Housing stock is similar to West Plaza.  Taxes are higher (according to this thread http://forum.kcrag.com/index.php?topic=11187.0) but prices significantly discounted.  Close to some excellent parochial schools (http://school.stagneskc.org/).
Czar
New York Life
New York Life

Post by Czar »

I would try Bridgeworks II in the Rivermarket.  Single Family homes in an urban environment.  I dont know the realtor, probably the same as Bridgeworks I.  George Birt is the developer.  Prices are $325,00 and up.
loftguy
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by loftguy »

The zip code for the Westside is 64108.

I disagree with the Bridgeworks suggestion.  Likely not the place yet for the vast majority of families.  Singles and empty nesters make up the River Market neighborhood and your kids would feel pretty isolated.

By the way, Bridgeworks is to date being marketed by the developers, George Birt and Taylor McKee.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

chrizow wrote: (and a great neighborhood public elementary school). 
hmm.  which one are you talking about?  Is it just for the people in that neighborhood?
Paintfumes
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Paintfumes »

Here's my pick for you.................cruise down Wornall road South from 47th street to 70th street. Either go west to Ward Parkway or east to Brookside. A large amount of housing stock in that area without the dwellings of apartment buildings.  The Max runs north and south on Brookside to Downtown. If you like taking the bus to work.

You also can go to this site www.mshp.dps.missouri.gov/MSHPWeb/Root/ and make sure there's no sex offenders living around in that area you might want to live in. To be on the safe side. You never know.
"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" Jeremiah 29:11
ThaMexican
New York Life
New York Life

Post by ThaMexican »

I like the Westside I used to live in the area and overall its quiet. Hoses are not as expensive yet and you are so close to verything, the Plaza, Downtown and also close to all the new coming attractions.