Modeling the Downtown Loop in GoogleEarth

KC topics that don't fit anywhere else.
ShowMeKC
Penntower
Penntower

Modeling the Downtown Loop in GoogleEarth

Post by ShowMeKC »

I'm trying to model the Downtown Loop in GoogleEarth, as i'm not satisfied with the models they have done. All of the models are accurate, however I did have to estimate certain heights and widths on most of them.
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Re: Modeling the Downtown Loop in GoogleEarth

Post by moderne »

Looks good, Bartle pylons too high, PAC seems squished, and forgot the Doubletree, Marriott and Bolling Fed.
ShowMeKC
Penntower
Penntower

Post by ShowMeKC »

Actually the bartle pylons are high enough, I just haven't added bartle hall yet, it'll cut of their height.

I can't really fix the pac, it was pretty complex to create.

I've got a lot of buildings I still have to model, that isn't nearly the amount i'm going to do.

ty for the help though
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

so isnt there a way for you to upload your models and such to the existing database...its like the promotion i saw the other day..."download sketchup and design your actual house, then add it to the google database" 

p.s - google has been driving around trucks with tons of cameras mounted on them, so hopefully they are gathering textures of real buildings to add to those specific buildings in their google earth.
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
ShowMeKC
Penntower
Penntower

Post by ShowMeKC »

You cannot replace the buildings that GoogleEarth already has, but you can add to GoogleEarth no matter what, but if you don't want your building covered up by the one they have, then you have to turn off the buildings. So far, my modeling is going great, I just added the AT&T Longlines Building, Raddison, Old Public Library, Law Building & Adjacent Buildings. I also updated the P&L District model to show the condo tower w/ the hotel on top, at the minimum height of about 380'.
When I turn on the P&L Condos, P&L District condos, and the future expansion of H&R Block, I'm amazed at the critical mass in the area.
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

ShowMeKC wrote: You cannot replace the buildings that GoogleEarth already has, but you can add to GoogleEarth no matter what, but if you don't want your building covered up by the one they have, then you have to turn off the buildings. So far, my modeling is going great, I just added the AT&T Longlines Building, Raddison, Old Public Library, Law Building & Adjacent Buildings. I also updated the P&L District model to show the condo tower w/ the hotel on top, at the minimum height of about 380'.
When I turn on the P&L Condos, P&L District condos, and the future expansion of H&R Block, I'm amazed at the critical mass in the area.
Show us a pic.
ShowMeKC
Penntower
Penntower

Post by ShowMeKC »

This is a model of the things currently under construction, along with the P&L Condos, P&L District Condos, H&R Block Expansion.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

now in theory...cant we take all the various photos on this website and use those to texture the buildings perfectly...*wink* *wink*
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
ShowMeKC
Penntower
Penntower

Post by ShowMeKC »

I could, but I'm lazy, that is a lot of buildings, and I'd rather have no textured buildings than a mix of textured and non-textured. :P