Bank Midwest Moves to Town Pavilliion

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
KCBoom
Strip mall
Strip mall

Bank Midwest Moves to Town Pavilliion

Post by KCBoom »

Bank Midwest Announces Move to Town Pavilion

KANSAS CITY, MO. Officials of Bank Midwest and Copaken, White & Blitt today announced that
Bank Midwest and its parent company, Dickinson Financial Corporation, will relocate their headquarters
from City Center Square to the Town Pavilion office building in downtown Kansas City in
the fall of 2007.

Bank Midwest and Dickinson Financial Corporation will initially occupy approximately 100,000
square feet in the Town Pavilion building under a long-term lease. In addition to renovating several
floors in the office tower, Bank Midwest will also transform a significant portion of the Town
Pavilion's current 3-story rotunda into a retail banking lobby and move its current branch location
from City Center Square. The high vaulted ceilings and brilliant design of the rotunda will enable
the Bank to showcase a first class banking facility and put its mark on a marquee downtown office
property. The Town Pavilion is a 34-story 1.2 million square foot project.
mykem
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Re: Bank Midwest Moves to Town Pavilliion

Post by mykem »

is that building that big? :?
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

Largest office structure in the metro.  I thought it was 38 floors however.
smitherton
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by smitherton »

Is'nt the Town Pavilion is directly across the street from C.C.S.?

What about moving some retail into city center square when midwest moves out?
kard
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by kard »

I was walking past the TP the other night and thought I noticed a lot of the upper floors vacant...I thought I saw messed up suspended ceilings.  I thought "nah, that can't be right (it was dark and only a few lights on the floors were lit).

Apparently it's somewhat empty.

Also, the move is what, four years away?  That leaves time for TP to boot other small tenants to make room.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
Gretz
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Gretz »

Man, City Center Square has really been taking some big knocks lately.  They lost a couple of big government leases to crown center area and someone else important too it seems like I remember a few months back.  Does anyone know how much of this building will be occupied after these moves?
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by dangerboy »

This is funny after Ann Dickinson got her knickers in a twist and demanded the city tear down the Italian Gardens so she could have attached parking.  Now that the garage is almost finished she moves her company across the street.  Nice!
Tosspot
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by Tosspot »

I worked for that hellhole Bank Midwest in City Center Square, on the fourth floor I believe it was. Glad I'm out of there now.
dangerboy wrote: This is funny after Ann Dickinson got her knickers in a twist and demanded the city tear down the Italian Gardens so she could have attached parking.  Now that the garage is almost finished she moves her company across the street.  Nice!
That whole fiasco stank of disengenuous dumbfuckery.

photoblog. 

until further notice i will routinely point out spelling errors committed by any here whom i frequently do battle wit
KCDowntown
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCDowntown »

I think that Bank Midwest had a lot of street-level space in this building, especially on the Baltimore side.  Maybe this will give City Center Square a chance to break up this space into many smaller spaces.

I believe that the Times Equities people were interested in giving this building a better pedestrian experience.  Maybe this will give them a chance to do it right.

KCDowntown
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

Kard wrote: Apparently it's somewhat empty.
The leasing history of this building is one of the more difficult things to comprehend in DT KC.  First, it was the ATT building....I take it they no longer even have a presence?  Then TransAmerica came in and today still maintain their logo on the building.  I assume they are still there but don't occupy much space.  Then as I understand it, Aquila also occupied a good portion of the building but has since left? Didn't H&R Block occupy part of the office leading up to the move into their new quarters?  Now Bank Midwest.  On top of all that several restaurants have come and gone and nearly all the retail has departed.  Perhaps the commencement of the P&L District and a growing DT population can regain some of the retail. 
Tosspot
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by Tosspot »

Retail departing didn't seem to be much of a problem as far as I could tell when I worked across the street from it last year.

photoblog. 

until further notice i will routinely point out spelling errors committed by any here whom i frequently do battle wit
scooterj
Ambassador

Post by scooterj »

Highlander wrote: First, it was the ATT building....I take it they no longer even have a presence?
AT&T still has at least some presence in there, I know someone who works for AT&T in that building.