Spire Bridge a go for Omaha

Want to talk about your favorite places besides Kansas City? Post any development news or questions about other cities here.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Re: Spire Bridge a go for Omaha

Post by KCPowercat »

Joemoney wrote: How many of them are 20,000 square foot houses?  That's the important question.  Not many or any at all I would bet.
I doubt any 20k sf. homes in the hilly ozarks...but hillbilly's don't live in 10k sf. homes with a 40' Cigarette boat out front either.
Attachments
4th06-partycove32.jpg
4th06-partycove20.jpg
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
Joemoney
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Joemoney »

KCPowercat wrote: I doubt any 20k sf. homes in the hilly ozarks...but hillbilly's don't live in 10k sf. homes with a 40' Cigarette boat out front either.
LMAO.  "River/Lake" boats are white trash.

Even a few hillbillies in the world manage to get their hands on a few bucks, and they go out and buy those redneck tuned sport boats.

I know of atleast one Omaha billionaire that has a mega class yacht.  Not sure of the size, but I've heard it desribed as needing a "crew" and it drove across the Atlantic ocean to Europe a few times.

If your boat is not big enough to have a dining room and several bedrooms, Joemoney is not impressed.
RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT IN 2008
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/
Ingersoll1978
Pad site
Pad site

Post by Ingersoll1978 »

Joemoney wrote: If your boat is not big enough to have a dining room and several bedrooms, Joemoney is not impressed.
And how many large yachts do you own Joemoney?
Check out what is happening in Des Moines!  www.absolutedsm.com
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

Joemoney wrote:

I know of atleast one Omaha billionaire that has a mega class yacht.  Not sure of the size, but I've heard it desribed as needing a "crew" and it drove across the Atlantic ocean to Europe a few times.

yeah, and where in omaha do they go on yachts joefoodstamps? cunningham lake??
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
kard
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by kard »

Ya know guys, it's totally your business to keep it up, but if you keep egging him on then you'll get more crap coming back.  I'm just sayin.  :)  I think it's all rather funny.  Carry on!
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

Kard wrote: Ya know guys, it's totally your business to keep it up, but if you keep egging him on then you'll get more crap coming back.  I'm just sayin.  :)  I think it's all rather funny.  Carry on!
i personally ONLY keep egging him on because i know every single fucking time he will respond with something about billionaires, mansions, or the zoo. every time. and it is amusing to read.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
Joemoney
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Joemoney »

kcdcchef wrote: yeah, and where in omaha do they go on yachts joefoodstamps? cunningham lake??
Because someone lives in an inland state, that means they cannot own a yacht docked somewhere else?  Many only use them when on vacation and keep them at their vacation homes.
Ingersoll1978 wrote: And how many large yachts do you own Joemoney?
None and I never will, even if I could afford it.  I really don't like watercraft.  I just don't see the fun in floating on water.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

Speaking of Omaha and Yachts, I was watching "Failure to Launch" last night and Mathew McConiha's (sic) character was a yacht salesman. But when they go to a minor league ballgame they yell "Go Omaha" and he ask Sara Jessica Parker if she wants a big blue Royals foam finger.

Odd.
bbqboy
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by bbqboy »

Joemoney wrote: Because someone lives in an inland state, that means they cannot own a yacht docked somewhere else?  Many only use them when on vacation and keep them at their vacation homes.

None and I never will, even if I could afford it.  I really don't like watercraft.  I just don't see the fun in floating on water.
maybe a personal sub to explore the Platte, then?Image
GuyInLenexa
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by GuyInLenexa »

Omaha's proposed bridge was mentioned in Men's Journal magazine (August 2006) in an article regarding Omaha being one of the top eight "Heart Healthy Cities" in America.

Men’s Journal’s Heart Healthiest Cities are as follows (cities are not ranked):

Minneapolis-St. Paul, Minnesota.  - In April the city urged residents to enjoy its 50 miles of trails and 150 parks with Take Your Shoes for a Walk Day; the mayor led employees on a lunch-hour hike to the Stone Arch Bridge.

Austin, Texas. - City programs such as the Mayor’s Fitness Program aim to get residents moving to help reduce disease. Mayor Will Wynn also wants to make Austin the fittest city in the U.S. by the year 2010.

Salt Lake City, Utah - A citywide fitness program awards prizes to citizens who exercise 30 minutes a day, four times a week. Locals can chart their progress on slcgetsfit.com.

Boulder, Colorado - The local Daily Camera newspaper created a trail guide to Boulder’s 300-plus hikes that residents can download to their iPods. The city is also developing a Mapquest-like computer program that shows the best way to cycle across town.

Flagstaff, Arizona - In 2005 Flagstaff's Chamber of Commerce began a community running series. For $125, residents can run five 2 to 10K races with the proceeds going to local charities.

Santa Fe, New Mexico - During “Bike Monthâ€
DTO
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by DTO »

Everything that help up the bridge is now done. The city didn't have around $900,000 to pay for a construction monitor. The bridge would have still been built but without expertise in that area. It sounds beyond stupid, which it was, but the city council approved enough money for the monitor.

Construction will start this fall/winter.
JJack_44
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by JJack_44 »

I cant wait for the bridge to be built. Its going to be great for excercize.

HOLY CROSS FALCONS!!!

Yeah, thats right, I am 13
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

So is this considered the same scale as that bridge in Alaska....a bridge to nowhere?
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

KCPowercat wrote: So is this considered the same scale as that bridge in Alaska....a bridge to nowhere?
could be worse...

think..."were off to see the wizard...the wonderfull wizard of OZ!"
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
49r
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by 49r »

I don't know about the bridge, but, I'm pretty sure this is a "thread to nowhere" at this point...
DTO
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by DTO »

KCPowercat wrote: So is this considered the same scale as that bridge in Alaska....a bridge to nowhere?

As I said before in this thread the original plan with the bridge was to have it link up to a large condo tower/townhome project in Council Bluffs. Their were also plans for some sort of campsite park and building a chute along the Iowa side of the river. When bids for the bridge came back at twice the cost it stopped work from beginning on anything on the Iowa side. The city of Council Bluffs still has said that they will go along with projects once the bridge is completed. Had work begun when it was supposed to the bridge would be done now and the Iowa towers built as well.

Here's what's planned for where the bridge will land in Iowa.

A riverfront park.

One Renaisannce Center towers and townhomes.

They're was public Q&A about the bridge last night and there wasn't much new to report other than there is an option to add a colored light filter that will changes the bridges color at night.
Joemoney
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Joemoney »

Omaha has more bridges to nowhere than KC...per capita.
49r
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by 49r »

How many bridges to nowhere does Forbes say Omaha has?  That's the only true authority!