How sad...get real!

Find out what's going on in the Sunflower State's portions of the Metro here.
The Summit
Pad site
Pad site

How sad...get real!

Post by The Summit »

This photo in today’s Star show a sad father and his sad children. Do these kids even know why they are sad?

Interesting story and yes, it's always kind of sad to be kicked out of your home. Let’s say your house is backed up against a freeway that you can see from you living room. This freeway is at gridlock at least twice a day and is getting progressively getting worse every year.

Didn't see it coming. Yea right. Serves this guy right for moving to Kansas from KCMO for "better schools" like there are no good schools in Missouri. I moved from OP to LS for "better schools" and a better deal on a home.

Cute pic though!

Road project would take 15 homes
By BRAD COOPER
The Kansas City Star

“There's never a good time for this to happen, but there are a lot of people who have just put a lot of money in their houses. To me, it just seems like a waste if they're going to tear it down.â€
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Location: Hangin' with the cons, crazies, and crackheads on 11th & Grand.

How sad...get real!

Post by QueSi2Opie »

Guess we lucked out, we're on the South side of I-435 next to those woodlands by 69 & I-435. Those homes are across the Interstate from us.
The Pendergast Poltergeist Project!

I finally divorced beer and proposed to whiskey, but I occassionally cheat with fine wine.
phxcat
Hotel President
Hotel President

How sad...get real!

Post by phxcat »

What the hell kind of an idiotic comment is that? Serves the guy right for moving from KCMO to JoCo for better schools? What does that have to do with it? If he had moved from KCMO to Lee's Summit for better schools and bought a house backed up against an interstate, he would be facing the same situation in a few years.

Think before you write.
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

How sad...get real!

Post by dangerboy »

Don't think it really matters what city/state he moved to, because it happens everywhere. The key here is that he bought a house next to a congested freeway without the forethought of considering that it might be expanded. It's really the same thing as the people who move into the exurbs and then freak out when the cow pasture next to their subdivision gets paved over for more houses.
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

How sad...get real!

Post by StL_Dan »

dangerboy wrote:Don't think it really matters what city/state he moved to, because it happens everywhere. The key here is that he bought a house next to a congested freeway without the forethought of considering that it might be expanded. It's really the same thing as the people who move into the exurbs and then freak out when the cow pasture next to their subdivision gets paved over for more houses.
yup
One State. One Spirit. One Mizzou. 05.22.2011  RIP Rusty, Harli and Hayze
The Summit
Pad site
Pad site

How sad...get real!

Post by The Summit »

I was being facetious people, don’t take it so personal! A little on edge are we?
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

How sad...get real!

Post by dangerboy »

The Summit wrote:I was being facetious people, don’t take it so personal! A little on edge are we?
Gotta be careful with sarcasm on the Internet, buddy. Text comes across literally.
TheDude
Strip mall
Strip mall

How sad...get real!

Post by TheDude »

what kind of dumb ass wants to live in a house backed up to a freeway anyhow?? the reason she got a "bargain" is cause instead of countin' sheep, she gets to count semi's rollin' by all night long! anyhow, taking out 20 crappy built suburban homes is good for the environment--they would probably only last another 5 years anyhow.

from brookside--out.
"ALWAYS be closing"
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

How sad...get real!

Post by bahua »

I have relatives in Western Springs, IL. Their house is about 3 miles from I-294, and all day, every day, you can always hear the rumble of the highway from their house. I have a friend whose grandmother lives in Bensenville, IL, directly beneath the main landing approach to O'Hare. The house shakes every 5 minutes, with a 747 flying 300 feet overhead.

Why do people live in these places!? If they can afford to buy a nice house(these are nice houses) buy one somewhere else!
fire4725
Pad site
Pad site

How sad...get real!

Post by fire4725 »

poor babies

gonna lose they homes
DanCa
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

How sad...get real!

Post by DanCa »

Out here in the L.A. area, houses are much closer to freeways than in KC. People literally have a brick wall seperating their back yard from the shoulder. And when they widen freeways, they buy up what they need to, knock it down and start paving. I'd certainly never buy anything that backed up to a freeway. Plus I'd think pollution levels would be worse. But the freeways here have high sound barrier walls that block a lot of the sound.