Another Freighthouse area project?

Have a development question you want answered? Ask it here and you'll get your answer
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Another Freighthouse area project?

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

There is a very large warehouse on the North end of the Stuart Hall block at 21st and Central.  As far as I can tell it has most recently been used for some sort of very low-level industrial use.  Last week they started sand-blasting and cleaning the exterior of the building in earnest.  Seems like a lot of expense if it is going to continue in its present use so I was wondering if something else might be afoot.  Anyone have any info? 
Thaine
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Re: Another Freighthouse area project?

Post by Thaine »

One of Tom Levitt's buildings.  He's had low tech tenants, like pallet refurbishers and such, waiting til the time is right. 

I can't answer your question but can guarantee that Levitt wouldn't spend dime one without a payback.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

The work stopped after the weekend with the building only part done but there is still a river of sand running down the street from the sandblasting. 
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

Well the plot has thickened.  They have apparently sandblasted the old La-Z-Boy showroom building at the farthest end of the block as well and stripped all of the signage off of it.  Something is definitely affoot.  Their was a banner on Levitt's building advertising some sort of homeless hootenany.  If they are planning to put in some sort of permenant facility for that purpose, I will be the first to lead the NIMBY revolt. 
Thaine
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by Thaine »

In my opinion, its bad enough they pull up in the trucks and feed the sumbiches, thereby ensuring they don't go anywhere else.