Ellison

Discuss items in the urban core outside of Downtown as described above. Everything in the core including the east side (18th & Vine area), Northeast, Plaza, Westport, Brookside, Valentine, Waldo, 39th street, & the entire midtown area.
Tin Tin
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Ellison

Post by Tin Tin »

Was walking around the neighborhood a couple of days ago and walked around the Ellison apartment building to see if any work had been started. As usual, no dumpster out back and no sign of work being done. However, this time I ran into a private electrical contractor who asked if I needed help (he was working at the office building next door). No, but did he know when KC Life was going to start working on the building? He said he thought KC Life had sold the Ellison.

Does anyone have any information on this? Has a sale happened? If so, was it publicized? What about the aparments on Knickerbocker?

(This is my first real post and I hope I didn't screw up.)
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Ellison

Post by bahua »

I don't know, but that sure is a beautiful building, and I'd sure hate to see it go the way that the Bellerive down the street seems to be going.
Tin Tin
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Ellison

Post by Tin Tin »

There was some activity today, albeit minor activity: the front door was open and a white van parked out front.

I'd really like to know what's going on with this building and what the timeline is for renovation.
Tin Tin
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Ellison

Post by Tin Tin »

Well, there seems to be something actually happening at the Ellison. Yesterday I noticed there was a debris tube (not sure what else to call it) attached to the east side of the building.

I'm very happy to finally see work starting on this building. Armour Blvd. needs this renovation to happen.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Where is it?

Post by FangKC »

Where is the Ellison located? Is it across from Park Central?

I'd like to see those Knickerbocker Apartments fixed up. The actress, Jean Harlow, lived there at one time.
There is no fifth destination.
DiggityDawg
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Ellison

Post by DiggityDawg »

The Ellison's directly across Armour Blvd. from the Westport Central building.