Buyer's agent for Urban Core homes?

Have a development question you want answered? Ask it here and you'll get your answer
Rusty
Strip mall
Strip mall

Buyer's agent for Urban Core homes?

Post by Rusty »

My wife and I are looking to buy a house, and we would prefer midtown, Strawberry Hill, and Pendleton Heights.

Can anyone reccomend a good buyer's agent who's familiar with single-family housing in the urban core?

TIA
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Buyer's agent for Urban Core homes?

Post by mean »

My agent! :)

She's taken me all over Pendleton Heights, Beacon Hill, Volker, etc. Her name's Raina and she's very cool to work with.

rainasellshouses@yahoo.com
Last edited by mean on Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin
Rusty
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Rusty »

Thanks...is she on her own?  Does she have an office somewhere? Phone number?

Is there any additional info you could provide?

I really appreciate it.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

She's with Realty Professionals Heartland. Her cell number is 816-591-1762. Let me know if you need anything else! :)
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin
KCAppraiser
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by KCAppraiser »

You should call kcrealtor too, do a search for that name, he is a frequent contributer to these forums.  I know him and I can vouch for his knowledge of the area.  He lives in Pendleton Heights and often knows of properties around here that are going on the market in the future, so you could get to them first.  Remember to talk to more than one realtor before you make a decision on who to go with, it can make a huge difference.
KCAppraiser
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by KCAppraiser »

Come on Mean, I know she's family, but at least give kcrealtor a mention, he did help you find the house you said you might be making an offer on.  He told you about it even though it could possibly cost him a commission because he is planning on lisitng it in the future.  They might have an arrangement, I don't know, but most people I know wouldn't have even mentioned it until a contract was signed.  That is at least worth a mention.  Here is the thread

http://www.kcskyscrapers.com/newforum/i ... pic=7971.0
Last edited by mean on Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rusty
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Rusty »

Thanks to all.
Thaine
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by Thaine »

Fumey- didn't you say in another thread something derogatory towards PH? 
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

KCAppraiser wrote: Come on Mean, I know she's family, but at least give kcrealtor a mention, he did help you find the house you said you might be making an offer on.  He told you about it even though it could possibly cost him a commission because he is planning on lisitng it in the future.  They might have an arrangement, I don't know, but most people I know wouldn't have even mentioned it until a contract was signed.  That is at least worth a mention.  Here is the thread

http://www.kcskyscrapers.com/newforum/i ... pic=7971.0
I'm not so jaded that I think being motivated out of kindness instead of greed deserves great heaps of praise, but I do appreciate him helping me out. However, I don't know him, I haven't worked with him, and I don't see how I can be expected to point people to someone I have no working relationship with. If that's how ethics work in this industry, then that is super duper shady. I sure wouldn't want to suggest someone hire a sysadmin I had never met, knew nothing of his skills or credentials, because one time he gave me some good advice about a motherboard that I didn't even end up needing.

Also, who the hell are you to be knowing who I might be related to? I didn't mention that because I was trying to protect my identity from some of the crazier nutjobs on here, and frankly I think you should be warned or muted for divulging a forum member's identity without permission. I'm sorry you're mad that I didn't do what I consider to be unethical by suggesting someone I don't know for a job, but that is no reason to try and call me out and divulge my personal info.
Last edited by mean on Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KCAppraiser
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by KCAppraiser »

Hey Mean, you are the one that said your sister was your agent.  How else would I know?  Read your earlier post about the house at 218 Olive.  And I am not mad about anything, I just thought someone who helped you out and who is a frequent contributor here is worth a mention.  And if we are talking about ethics, what are your thoughts on nepotism?
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

KCAppraiser wrote: Hey Mean, you are the one that said your sister was your agent.  How else would I know?  Read your earlier post about the house at 218 Olive.  And I am not mad about anything, I just thought someone who helped you out and who is a frequent contributor here is worth a mention.  And if we are talking about ethics, what are your thoughts on nepotism?
It is not nepotism to recommend a sibling's business to someone looking for a recommendation.  You'd do it to, as would everyone else on this board.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

KCAppraiser wrote: Hey Mean, you are the one that said your sister was your agent.  How else would I know?  Read your earlier post about the house at 218 Olive.  And I am not mad about anything, I just thought someone who helped you out and who is a frequent contributor here is worth a mention.  And if we are talking about ethics, what are your thoughts on nepotism?
Bloops! I didn't remember saying that. My bad.

However, don't be a douche. I'm sure KCRealtor is a fine fellow, but I don't know him, and I didn't even think of him. You're way out of line in trying to take me to task. Get over it.