Moving somewhere...out in Lenexa

Have a development question you want answered? Ask it here and you'll get your answer
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Location: Hangin' with the cons, crazies, and crackheads on 11th & Grand.

Re: Moving somewhere...out in Lenexa

Post by QueSi2Opie »

I don't think I can give you any information on funky lil' unique neighborhoods in Lenexa.  If you were purchasing a home, my favorite Lenexa neighborhood is north of the Leglar Barn Museum & Lenexa Historical Society off 87th Street between Lackman and Pflumm.  The parklike neighborhood has various elevations, trees, trails, and surrounded by Na Nex Park, Little Mill Creek Park, Scar Ko Par Trails Park, Post Oak Park, and Hickory Woods Park.  It isn't too far west of decent businesses and restaurants like Video Library, Zarda Barbeque, El Caribe Cafe, Holy Land Cafe, Tanner's, etc.

As far as apartments, your best bet would be one of those newer complexes off of Renner Boulevard between 95th and 79th Streets.  You'll have easy access to I-435 and K-10, you can practically walk or ride your bike to beautiful Shawnee Mission Park and the Mill Creek Streamway trails, and you're a short drive from the 87th Street businesses.  Not to mention you'll be right next to the Lenexa City Center development.   
The Pendergast Poltergeist Project!

I finally divorced beer and proposed to whiskey, but I occassionally cheat with fine wine.
Paintfumes
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Paintfumes »

One day they'll have a zoo............
"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" Jeremiah 29:11
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

Moniker wrote: 1-70 would definitely be a straighter, and safer, shot. The cost we'd save living somewhere else and the toll would certainly be much better than renting in Lenexa.

Anyone have other recommendations that would put us 30 miles outside of Lawrence, or other options that would put us a bit further down I-70?

yeah, you could move to downtown kc, that would put you 40 miles away.

seriously, in new york, it took me 45 minutes to get to my job, which, was 4 miles across the island. somedays, it would have been as quick to do a light jog
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
Moniker
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by Moniker »

kcdcchef wrote:
yeah, you could move to downtown kc, that would put you 40 miles away.

seriously, in new york, it took me 45 minutes to get to my job, which, was 4 miles across the island. somedays, it would have been as quick to do a light jog
I live in downtown KC at the Opera House now. ;)
bbqboy
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by bbqboy »

Moniker, where do you work?
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

Moniker wrote: I live in downtown KC at the Opera House now. ;)
then stay!!
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
staubio
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by staubio »

Not to bring personal issues into this further, but I've often been told that my insistence upon living in an urban area would be compromised when I "settled down" and was forced to compromise.  I've always said that living in the city is important enough to me to be a factor in who I choose to be with.  Does your fiance care that you are unhappy about this and has she tried to make concessions for you and hear you out?
Thaine
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by Thaine »

Moniker- maybe your fiancee would appreciate a call from a few members of the forum?  What's that phone number? :lol: :lol: :lol:
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

Surely he had to expect this kind of reaction to his query :)
Long
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Long »

I would offer to move to Lawrence and be the one to commute to downtown KC to work.  If you move to Lenexa, you'll be commuting 30-40 minutes downtown to work, plus your fiancee will be commuting that far to Lawrence.  You're stuck commuting either way.  So move to someplace fun and interesting to live and save her the commute.
Thaine
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by Thaine »

I'd honestly second Long's suggestion.
Long
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Long »

Plus, keep in mind it isn't forever.  Even if Lawrence is a longer commute to downtown than Lenexa to downtown (which I doubt, given rush hour traffic on I-35 from Joco versus I-70 from the west), once she's finished with school maybe you will both work in the same area and can then move to that area.
ibron
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by ibron »

Paint fumes       

Lenexa already has a Zoo

CITY HALL