I quit!

Announcements about the forum as well as comments, questions, ideas for the forum or the website in general.
KCDevin

Re: I quit!

Post by KCDevin »

I do deserve it a lot. However not all of the time, especially when all I do is disagree with someone.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

KCDevin wrote: I do deserve it a lot. However not all of the time, especially when all I do is disagree with someone.

doesnt matter if you deserve it, you will get it if you disagree with the senior posters.
KCN wrote: The ones who get bitchslapped the most are more often than not the ones that ask for it. The "you get what you give" policy goes a long way in social situations.
have you seen some of the times akp gets jumped on here? yeah, he is a negative old coot at times, but give me a break. i have seen nota get blindsided plenty too.

i am leaving my name out of this.........i am a big boy, and cand fend for myself.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

kcdcchef wrote: i am a big boy
Slim fast, Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers??  Surely something will work for you.  Gotta put down that big slab of beef though.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

lock&load wrote: Slim fast, Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers??  Surely something will work for you.  Gotta put down that big slab of beef though.
my waist size is 35, and i am just slightly over 230, at 6'1". not sure where you are getting your info on my weight loss issues.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

kcdcchef wrote: my waist size is 35, and i am just slightly over 230, at 6'1". not sure where you are getting your info on my weight loss issues.
TMI
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

lock&load wrote: TMI
well if your dumbass didnt knock something you know nothing about ( which, is normal for you ) you would not get TMI.
Image This is why people are getting fed up.  Thank you for showcasing yourself as one of the reasons.
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

kcdcchef wrote: well if your dumbass didnt knock something you know nothing about ( which, is normal for you ) you would not get TMI.
I was just responding to you, didn't you see the quote in my post?  Do you have a thing for my ass now?  Not cool.
Image This goes for you too.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

This is why they have jobs for inmates in prison. To much idle time and energy result in social unrest.

We need more development news.

On the other hand it's gotten to the point that even new news results in this type of breakdown.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

kcdcchef wrote: my waist size is 35, and i am just slightly over 230, at 6'1". not sure where you are getting your info on my weight loss issues.
this and every post following is prime reason this site has gone to shit.  Take a freaking joke.  Laugh at yourself....it's an internet message board.  Quit being so sensitive.

That isn't directed just at chef, at anybody that flys off the handle on the simpliest comments.  I'm going to start banning people for no sense of humor and/or taking things too seriously.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

KCPowercat wrote: this and every post following is prime reason this site has gone to shit.  Take a freaking joke.  Laugh at yourself....it's an internet message board.  Quit being so sensitive.

That isn't directed just at chef, at anybody that flys off the handle on the simpliest comments.  I'm going to start banning people for no sense of humor and/or taking things too seriously.
That's not funny.
schugg
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by schugg »

we need more development news
that we do and lots of it
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

lock&load wrote: I was just responding to you, didn't you see the quote in my post?  Do you have a thing for my ass now?  Not cool.

i have not mentioned yours 4 times in one hour like you did with mine, that shit still has me nervous. in fact, i could not sleep last night over it.
KCN
Penntower
Penntower

Post by KCN »

ANOTHER thread gets hijaked. 

This is getting incredibly old.  So this is why I left those two posts with green dots.

If I did it right, you won't be left w/ those dots very long.  This is just me saying enough is enough.
shaffe
Penntower
Penntower

Post by shaffe »

i honestly believe that after the stadium vote things will turn for the better.  nobody has come out and said it, so i will.  a lot of the bickering and BS comes from that issue and, mainly, the back and forths between chef and lock&load (among others).  i tried to keep it civil and avoid namecaling, but once saveourowners came online the pandoras box was opened and a craptastic situation just got 10x worse.  chef can't laugh it off, lock&load calls names, chef continues to avoid arguments, lock&load quits posting rational things, chef continues to blather, lock&load blathers, etc.  both parties, and a lot of others, need to just grow up and agree to disagree.

after the vote we should put a 30 day ban on anything regarding new stadia.  i guarantee things cool down around here.

edit:  i guess the ponit of that rant was that if you're considering "quitting the board", wait a few weeks and see if things don't cool down after the vote.
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

kcdcchef wrote: have you seen some of the times akp gets jumped on here? yeah, he is a negative old coot at times, but give me a break. i have seen nota get blindsided plenty too.
Thanks for the defense.
However, my negativity is due more to being cautious instead on being dead set against something.  One some forget is that I said I would vote for the Sprint Arena if certain conditions were met.  They were not met and so there was a "no" vote.  If I am negative for being for TSC instead of a DT stadium I will plead guilty to that since I believe TSC is a better deal for the taxpayer.  I may be against many of the TIF and Super TIF's downtown and that is not because I am against DT but against the drain on the City budget these projects will have and do have on it.
Yes, I might play the devil's advocate at times but that is because many on this forum see everything as black and white and for almost all issues there is more of a gray area instead of black or white.  Some see downtown as an almighty god that all areas around it should bow down before it but they fail to realize that downtown is just one piece of the puzzle that makes the KC area what it is.

One of the worst things on this site is the name calling.  It is one thing to use names in fun when the other party knows you are kidding but by calling another an idiot, moron, or worse, really shows your intolerance of a different opinion than your own and your own self-perceived superiority.

Enough of my own self-perceived superiority.  If one wants to quit, then go ahead.  But quit for the right reasons.
I may be right.  I may be wrong.  But there is a lot of gray area in-between.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

shaffe wrote: i honestly believe that after the stadium vote things will turn for the better.  nobody has come out and said it, so i will.  a lot of the bickering and BS comes from that issue and, mainly, the back and forths between chef and lock&load (among others).  i tried to keep it civil and avoid namecaling, but once saveourowners came online the pandoras box was opened and a craptastic situation just got 10x worse.  chef can't laugh it off, lock&load calls names, chef continues to avoid arguments, lock&load quits posting rational things, chef continues to blather, lock&load blathers, etc.  both parties, and a lot of others, need to just grow up and agree to disagree.

after the vote we should put a 30 day ban on anything regarding new stadia.  i guarantee things cool down around here.

edit:  i guess the ponit of that rant was that if you're considering "quitting the board", wait a few weeks and see if things don't cool down after the vote.
i have said this before, and i will sit here and strongly agree. this stadium issue has become a civil war on this issue, the majority against, and the minority for, and it has gotten real bad on here. if you are for, you get clobbered. if you think i am being a primadonna, go read the stadium threads, and see how me, akp, devin, and a few others, get treated on the subject. GRID helped create this site, and when on occasion he comes in with an "i am voting yes because" or "i am starting to lean this way because" he gets clobbered. either way, if this thing fails april 4th, the bs will only continue. the strong no advocates will launch all new threads regarding how this means downtown baseball is just around the corner, and all the old fights will just get reahashed.

i know personally, i get real heated about it, and when i am allowed to be called names so many times, over, and over, and over, and over, i finally feel like i can start lobbing them back. well, i got a few shots in at my arch nemesis, and then i got called, but, so did he, so, all is fair in love and war i guess, and it is not like i got moderated or something, so, move on i guess from that point. but, with regards to stadium issues, i have said it before, and i willl say it one more time.........the best thing for this forum is it passing on april 4th, because, it will end all this bullshit once and for all.

specifically with this forum, i watched it grow from a couple of hundred posters 3 years ago to what it is now. there were spells, back then, when, there were no more then 3 or 4 comments from the whole board, days at a time. to me, that was real boring. but, for those of you who remember it being more civil, i am not sure which board you were on, the one i was looking at, had WAY more fights with this, some, with posters threatening to go beat the shit out of each other in some instances, talking about peoples girlfriends and wives, man, the fighting started on here was off the hook, the stuff was crazy. it is nowhere near that bad now, it really is not.

but, if you are angry because you log in and there are 20 new pages of this and that to look at, sorry, you are going to have to deal with that. the forum will be at 1,000 users before the end of the year, you can count on it. when i read this forum in 02-03, it was slow, not too many posters that posted every day, in late 03, early 04, there started to be a LOT more posters who would post daily. then by 2005, there were dozens of posters who posted daily. and look at 2006, we started the year with 700 some posters, and now we are pushing 900, and the year is not even 25% over yet. the idle chit chat in threads, is just what happens, everyone knows each other on here now, and there will be things like, i saw you taking pictures, i saw you riding your bike, i saw you at kellys, where is everyone meeting at first fridays, it just happens. look at the arena thread, or the hr block thread, specifically the arena one, 100 pages of useless shit, and the place is just now getting built. is there any reason to piss and moan about it?? not really. there are webcams, it takes less then 60 seconds to go through the pages to see comments, it really is not that hard.

if you use this site just to get info, i feel for you, because from day one when i started reading it, it really was never solely about development. sure, that was the point of it, but, with all these people that chat back and forth, all the time, it gets personable, and to me, that is fine. but, bottom line, some stranger in our forum, can still log in to this forum, and get useful information by reading appropriate threads. but, with 1,000 users emininent, there is no point fussing about too many comments that are useless. it will only get worse
nota
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by nota »

kcdcchef wrote:
have you seen some of the times akp gets jumped on here? yeah, he is a negative old coot at times, but give me a break. i have seen nota get blindsided plenty too.
Hey thanks. But who are you calling an "old coot??" 8) 8) 8) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Slappy the Wang
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Slappy the Wang »

Why have the posters in this forum become a bunch of soft shelled crabs?
Be green or go Broke Tryin'
timberwolfrider
Pad site
Pad site

Post by timberwolfrider »

A lot of you that get warned and muted and muted all of the time would not get those all of the time if you quit callling each other idiot, dumbass, and all that shit. IMO.

But, there sure is a lot of threatening to quit on this siTE and coming back, KCDevin, beautyfromashes, kdcchef, KCOEK, just leave if you want to and cut the drama.
KCDevin

Post by KCDevin »

Hey, the last time I threatened to leave was 7 months ago. I left for about 6 months and came back when I felt it would be best.

When I was muted was the first and only time anything like that has happened to me on this website. I've never even been warned before, so there is no reason you should have mentioned me.