How about those Jayhawks, the redux...

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Re: How about those Jayhawks, the redux...

Post by kcdcchef »

KCPowercat wrote: this thread should stay open FOREVER.  How bout them hawks? 

Does hariplugs get fired?
another march exit for one of the nations top "5" programs!!!

meanwhile, ucla, nc, nc state, duke, indiana, kentucky, ALL STILL PLAYING!!!!
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
Cyclops
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Cyclops »

For those of us who still root for the Hawks despite the loss last night, a bit of good news.  There was a side bar in this morning's Star that quoted Brandon Rush as saying he would definitely be back next year. That could have been emotion talking but... He sure doesn't look ready for the pros anyway. No way he's a first round pick yet.

Actually I thought it was very appropriate that he dribbled the ball off his foot in the last couple of seconds of the Bradley game.

Til next year.......... :(
the only thing for sure is change.
schugg
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by schugg »

uh, that was emotion talking! I see dolla signs in his eyes. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by KansasCityCraka »

Cyclops wrote: For those of us who still root for the Hawks despite the loss last night, a bit of good news.  There was a side bar in this morning's Star that quoted Brandon Rush as saying he would definitely be back next year. That could have been emotion talking but... He sure doesn't look ready for the pros anyway. No way he's a first round pick yet.

Actually I thought it was very appropriate that he dribbled the ball off his foot in the last couple of seconds of the Bradley game.

He couldn't even go into the draft if he wanted to he is a freshman. He could go into Free Agency though.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

Cyclops wrote: For those of us who still root for the Hawks despite the loss last night, a bit of good news.  There was a side bar in this morning's Star that quoted Brandon Rush as saying he would definitely be back next year. That could have been emotion talking but... He sure doesn't look ready for the pros anyway. No way he's a first round pick yet.

Kleiza said the same thing as the season ended last year.  If Brandon is a 1st rounder (and for that matter Wright or Chalmers), he is as good as gone.  There is absolutely no upside to staying once you are assured of being a 1st round pick, but the downside is tremendous.  Before the tourney, I would have said Rush was a certain 1st rounder but not so sure now.  
DiggityDawg
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by DiggityDawg »

Yeah...I don't think he's 1st round material yet. I hope he does come back, though.
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by KansasCityCraka »

I think he will play with KU through his Junior year. His senior year I wouldn't be suprised if he goes to the NBA, unless of course he gets hurt his Junior year.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

KansasCityCraka wrote: I think he will play with KU through his Junior year. His senior year I wouldn't be suprised if he goes to the NBA, unless of course he gets hurt his Junior year.
If your goal is to play in the nba, why stick around once you're assured of that goal?  You risk injury, you risk having a bad year and watching your stock fall, or the competition passing you up, and you risk not getting the touches you need to show your wares (could be a major problem for Rush on a loaded KU team next year).  The only upside is to improve your position in the draft but the downside is far greater.  The NBA drafts on potential so not much of anything you do is going to impress, the expectation is already there, but everything you do poorly is only going to diminish your value.  The only question is will he be a first round pick or not.   
ShowME
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by ShowME »

For those of us who still root for the Hawks despite the loss last night, a bit of good news.  There was a side bar in this morning's Star that quoted Brandon Rush as saying he would definitely be back next year. That could have been emotion talking but... He sure doesn't look ready for the pros anyway. No way he's a first round pick yet.

Why is this even news?  The guy hasn't even taken over a game yet.  It's obvious he's going to be more like Jaron(idiot) than Kareem(realist).  What's even more classic is my dad is good friends with a KU big wig who claims Brandon can't even read.  I was pissed when I heard that but was even more pissed this evening when watching Fox 4 sports at 10:00p.  Frank Bowl had some interviews with players.  When it was Mr. Rush's time he chimed in with "I really didn't wanna lose because now all I gotta do is school work.  And I really don't like school."  So why the f*ck are you even attending you MF.  Not only does this reflect badly on Mr. Rush but also the head coach and the AD.  And then I've brought it up to KU alums and they're like well he probably paid someone to take the ACT for him.  I know in the 90's you didn't even have to take the ACT to get into KU.  SAD!
Calling a spade a spade.
KC_JAYHAWK
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KC_JAYHAWK »

ShowME wrote:
Why is this even news?  The guy hasn't even taken over a game yet.  It's obvious he's going to be more like Jaron(idiot) than Kareem(realist).  What's even more classic is my dad is good friends with a KU big wig who claims Brandon can't even read.  I was pissed when I heard that but was even more pissed this evening when watching Fox 4 sports at 10:00p.  Frank Bowl had some interviews with players.  When it was Mr. Rush's time he chimed in with "I really didn't wanna lose because now all I gotta do is school work.  And I really don't like school."  So why the f*ck are you even attending you MF.  Not only does this reflect badly on Mr. Rush but also the head coach and the AD.  And then I've brought it up to KU alums and they're like well he probably paid someone to take the ACT for him.  I know in the 90's you didn't even have to take the ACT to get into KU.  SAD!

Hey dipshit, there's not much difference between the ACT and SAT.  In Kansas, I believe you only need to take the ACT...they're basically the same thing, just different scoring mechanisms....I took both in high school, and they are very similar.

Just because B Rush doesn't like school, big freaking deal.  He still had a 3.6 GPA for the semester.  Sometimes you do things in life you don't like because you know the payoff in the end will be worth it  (like going to a real school, and not some mid-major cop out).

Come back next time Missouri State gets into the NCAA.
THE KID KEPT ONLY TWO COLORS IN HIS CRAYON BOX.....ONE RED……THE OTHER BLUE!
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

KansasCityCraka wrote: I think he will play with KU through his Junior year. His senior year I wouldn't be suprised if he goes to the NBA, unless of course he gets hurt his Junior year.
that is what i keep saying, no way this kid goes pro before his junior year, kids who are unsure, talk to their coach about it, and good coaches, which, i believe self is a good one, tell them flat out, son, you are ready, son, you are not. and i do not see bill self lying to rush right now, or, at the end of next season. if he keeps progressing, at the end of his junior year, if self told him, son, you are not ready, then, he would be lying.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

KC_JAYHAWK wrote:
Hey dipshit, there's not much difference between the ACT and SAT.  In Kansas, I believe you only need to take the ACT...they're basically the same thing, just different scoring mechanisms....I took both in high school, and they are very similar.

Just because B Rush doesn't like school, big freaking deal.  He still had a 3.6 GPA for the semester.  Sometimes you do things in life you don't like because you know the payoff in the end will be worth it  (like going to a real school, and not some mid-major cop out).

Come back next time Missouri State gets into the NCAA.
I think what he's saying is brandon rush is pretty damn dumb.  And yeah, after hearing him in person while in lawrence, I would deffinately agree....(quoted from rush) "KU wouldn't be anythin' without me. I'm not in da NBA iz cuz I would make da other players peep bad. ya'll is mad stupid. Ya' know what I'm sayin'?" 
I am a major KU fan...not a self fan though...  I would personally think the team would be better without him, honestly, KU has even more depth next year, and if it wasn't for self f'n up and causing half the recruits and players to leave, then KU would have been loaded enough to go all the way this year, and the next 5.  Anyone can get a 3.6 gpa...its a fricking gpa...doesnt mean hes smart.  Look at MU's new QB...hes touted as "one of the smartest young qb's out there...hes got a 4.0 and excells in school" yet his sat is what 850..and his act is a mere 22...not even the school minimum for an out of state student..but that glossy 4'oh gets him in.  I got a damn 2.5 gpa...but does that mean I dont know shit, hell no, I have a 34 on the act, I just dont BS my way around school to get good grades I dont need.  A 4.0 would be nothin if I actually tried, or payed.  Everyone knows that.  BTW...I got a 22 on my act when I was in 8th grade, and the average national score for freshman in high school is a 22...so most the major players with a 22 on the act, and a 4.0 arent any smarter than a bag of rocks.
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
shaffe
Penntower
Penntower

Post by shaffe »

not to get too far off on a tangent kull, but which new MU quarterback are you talking about?  if it's patton you're criticizing then you're way off base in thinking he's dumb because he's far from it.  daniel, however, i cannot speak for.

and brandon rush is one dumb mf'er.  anybody that can't even play at, let alone graduate from, westport high school cannot be that smart.  that goes beyond "messing around" in high school.
schugg
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by schugg »

im2kull wrote: I think what he's saying is brandon rush is pretty damn dumb.  And yeah, after hearing him in person while in lawrence, I would deffinately agree....(quoted from rush) "KU wouldn't be anythin' without me. I'm not in da NBA iz cuz I would make da other players peep bad. ya'll is mad stupid. Ya' know what I'm sayin'?" 
I am a major KU fan...not a self fan though...  I would personally think the team would be better without him, honestly, KU has even more depth next year, and if it wasn't for self f'n up and causing half the recruits and players to leave, then KU would have been loaded enough to go all the way this year, and the next 5.  Anyone can get a 3.6 gpa...its a fricking gpa...doesnt mean hes smart.  Look at MU's new QB...hes touted as "one of the smartest young qb's out there...hes got a 4.0 and excells in school" yet his sat is what 850..and his act is a mere 22...not even the school minimum for an out of state student..but that glossy 4'oh gets him in.  I got a damn 2.5 gpa...but does that mean I dont know shit, hell no, I have a 34 on the act, I just dont BS my way around school to get good grades I dont need.  A 4.0 would be nothin if I actually tried, or payed.  Everyone knows that.  BTW...I got a 22 on my act when I was in 8th grade, and the average national score for freshman in high school is a 22...so most the major players with a 22 on the act, and a 4.0 arent any smarter than a bag of rocks.
I got a 22 in 8th grade too.  It only held 7 bullets though.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

shaffe wrote: not to get too far off on a tangent kull, but which new MU quarterback are you talking about?  if it's patton you're criticizing then you're way off base in thinking he's dumb because he's far from it.  daniel, however, i cannot speak for.
Chase daniel....the next starter....or rather this comming years starter
shaffe wrote: and brandon rush is one dumb mf'er.  anybody that can't even play at, let alone graduate from, westport high school cannot be that smart.  that goes beyond "messing around" in high school.
Agree'd
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

well a legit top 5 all time team is in the final four................ucla.
schugg
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by schugg »

kcdcchef wrote: well a legit top 5 all time team is in the final four................ucla.

I lost intrest as soon as the jaydorks lost :lol:
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

I think UCLA is that school on the west coast that won a bunch of championships a generation ago and hasn't really been relevant in the last decade.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

schugg wrote:
I lost intrest as soon as the jaydorks lost :lol:
I should have copywrited that!
Please use this when posting jaydorks®

Seriously Rush is a moron. The reason he went to KU is they had the best offer. If MU would have had their program together he would be there, KU would never even had been considered. He went to the school that he thought would get better exposure for him. I think alot of the other schools that recruitedhim had standards that were too high so he chose KU.

He has no allegiance to KU. His only allegience is to gettin paid. He will go pro if he gets any kind of offer at all. He's out.
schugg
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by schugg »

what key do you use for that registerd trademark sign?  i just use the @,  like micheal@