Zack Greinke leaves camp!! Let the rumors begin.

Can't get enough of sports even on a development board? Get your fix here. Expect heavy moderation on smack talk.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/13969203.htm

"I heard he got syphilis from Jamie Quirk!"
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Zack Greinke has personal issues to resolve

Post by bahua »

Please rename the subject to something a little less like what would indicate that he walked off without permission.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Re: Zack Greinke leaves camp!! Let the rumors begin.

Post by shinatoo »

What?!?!? I don't think so. It's not like I said "he got pissed and stormed off". My topic line is totally factual. Plus the whole intention behind it was to start the inevitable ridicules rumor site that would have sprung up anyway.

It's called having fun.
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Zack Greinke probably had a death in the family.

Post by bahua »

What's to ask about? Look at the title of the article, along with the first sentence.

[quote="TFA"]
Right-hander Zack Greinke got permission this weekend to leave the Royals’ camp to return home to Florida, perhaps for an extended period, to attend to what club officials termed “personal matters.â€
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

You know, I have often been in defense of the moderators on this forum. But if you are going to be tyrannical to the point of editing a factual subject line I will have to get in line with those who are pleading for your removal.

If it was a death in the family they would have announced that. They also would not have said he would be gone for an extended period of time.

Kindly back off, you have gone to far.
Last edited by shinatoo on Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

What even gets me going more is I just noticed the two modified subject lines you posted and they are FAR more speculative than my subject line.

The only REAL fact we know is that he left camp.

Zack Greinke Left Camp.
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

One time, Zack Greinke saw a cat get run over

Post by bahua »

I have not gone too far. I haven't even stepped out of line. You are trying to sensationalize something that isn't a big deal, and I'm trying to calm down what could otherwise become a crazy speculative thread that quickly spirals into suspicion of something that isn't even suspicious.

The absolutely salient point is that he left camp *with* permission. He was given leave(permission) to go and take care of a personal issue.

Also, I haven't edited anything, except my own posts, nor do I plan on altering anything you have said.
Last edited by bahua on Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Re: One time, Zack Greinke saw a cat get run over (more speculation)

Post by shinatoo »

bahua wrote: I have not gone too far. I haven't even stepped out of line. You are trying to sensationalize something that isn't a big deal, and I'm trying to calm down what could otherwise become a crazy speculative thread that quickly spirals into suspicion of something that isn't even suspicious.

The absolutely salient point is that he left camp *with* permission. He was given leave(permission) to go and take care of a personal issue.

Also, I haven't edited anything, except my own posts, nor do I plan on altering anything you have said.
First of let me correct myself. You did not edit anything, I should have said "tried to get me to edit".

Second, I was trying to start a " a crazy speculative thread that quickly spirals into suspicion of something that isn't even suspicious."

Not everything has to be serious, some of us like "crazy speculation" and "conspiracy theory's" and just regular gossip.

Just so everyone knows, I don't really think Jamie Quirk gave Zack Greinke syphilis I'm pretty sure Jamie Quirk works for Rockies now.

But just so you know, I love you.

It was probably Andy Sisco.
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

Dude A: "We've got to stop him! We've got to do something!"
Dude B: "No, there's ...nothing you can do."
Dude A: "Well then, I guess I'll just have to develop a sense of humor."

I'm Dude A right now. I am a boob.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

And by the way, just so you are in on the joke. When George Brett had his hemorrhoid problem in 1980 it was widely rumored that it was really syphilis given to him by his roommate Jamie Quirk.
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

Ah, word.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

I love boobs.
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by KansasCityCraka »

For all we know he had a death in the family, but more than likely he just decided he wasn't at the top of his game this year and decided to leave. He did take 4 months off as we all know. Family matters can mean anything it may just mean he didn't want to play. It's a way to make him look like he didn't just quit.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

They whould have announced a death.

Karen Kornhacky said last night that he lost his stuff last year (thank you Roylas pitching coaches) and that he still hadn't found it and was very depressed. She hopes he will return to form soon because he is so young and talented. And cute as a button.

Not a word of any of this on ESPN or CNNSI yet.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

The rumor is he got ill after watching Joe Mays and Scott Elarton pitch.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

The star article this morning heavily suggested that the "personal matter" was with Zack and not his family.  It sounded like the sort of article where the auther knows exactly what is going on but can't say shit due to editorial constraints - might as well of had the Star lawyers write it. 

Shinatoo 1 Bahua 0
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

just speculation but I am starting to get the vibe that maybe he is throwing a tantrum in an effort to get traded.  Doesn't sound like he liked having to compete for his rotation spot.  Perhaps he is gambling that if he makes enough of a whiney, distracting mess of himself, they will no have choice.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: just speculation but I am starting to get the vibe that maybe he is throwing a tantrum in an effort to get traded.  Doesn't sound like he liked having to compete for his rotation spot.  Perhaps he is gambling that if he makes enough of a whiney, distracting mess of himself, they will no have choice.
sure. they have a BIG choice. send him to AAA or AA, he has options left, and at 22, they could leave him in AA or AAA for up to 7 more seasons.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

kcdcchef wrote: sure. they have a BIG choice. send him to AAA or AA, he has options left, and at 22, they could leave him in AA or AAA for up to 7 more seasons.
If you factor in his signing bonuses he becomes too damn expensive/valuable to leave on the farm for long. 

They just played a clip of B Bell on 810 and he didn't seem to think Zack would be back in time to make the roation at the start of the season.  It almost sounded as if he wasn't expecting him back at all.  Apparently he refused to be in the team picture last week. 
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: If you factor in his signing bonuses he becomes too damn expensive/valuable to leave on the farm for long. 

They just played a clip of B Bell on 810 and he didn't seem to think Zack would be back in time to make the roation at the start of the season.  It almost sounded as if he wasn't expecting him back at all.  Apparently he refused to be in the team picture last week. 
yeah, that was in the star, they had to fight him to get him in the team picture, and evidently it was a distraction for some other team members. what i am hearing on 810 ( i listened briefly ) is he has an attitude problem, and does not want to fight for a rotation spot, and amazingly enough, redman, and mays, both understand they have to, but grienke did not.

i do not think he is too expensive to have on the farm. let him rot. i would rather him rot in AAA then have someone who is going to further disrupt this already unstable lockerroon.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D