Downtown Jobs

New to downtown life? Have questions? Urban living expert, come share your thoughts.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Downtown Jobs

Post by AllThingsKC »

I am looking for a new job.  My current job takes me all over the KC area.  I don't complain about that because I get to see the whole city.  But, I am trying to save wear and tear (gas and miles) on my car.  So, I am looking for a good paying job anywhere in DT KC.  I have already tried DST Systems, and have had no luck.

I am still in college, majoring in broadcasting.  I live in Quality Hill, so I would like to stay within the downtown loop, but really anywhere in the downtown area would be fine.

Dose anyone know of any good downtown jobs?
KC is the way to be!
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Re: Downtown Jobs

Post by kcdcchef »

AllThingsKC wrote: I am looking for a new job.  My current job takes me all over the KC area.  I don't complain about that because I get to see the whole city.  But, I am trying to save wear and tear (gas and miles) on my car.  So, I am looking for a good paying job anywhere in DT KC.  I have already tried DST Systems, and have had no luck.

I am still in college, majoring in broadcasting.  I live in Quality Hill, so I would like to stay within the downtown loop, but really anywhere in the downtown area would be fine.

Dose anyone know of any good downtown jobs?
if you are looking to do something just until you get out of college, try one of the hotels, radisson, phillips, president, hyatt, westin, something like that. variety of jobs, that require no experience, and they will train you, convention services, administartion, clerical, or, what would be really good, the hotels all have audio visual for their banquets and events, usually contracted out, you could see who does the a/v and see if you could get on with them, working with lcd projectors, sound systems, lighting, all that good stuff. i say that would be best, because if you are majoring in broadcasting, a little technical work with that type of stuff sounds like it could be good for you, or maybe i am just crazy......who know. but check into that, they are getting into their hiring time of the year, spring is always a big time for hotels to do hiring.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
nota
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Re: Downtown Jobs

Post by nota »

A good friend's daughter graduated from MU with a degree in broadcast journalism a couple of years ago. She had to go to Denver and Reno for work in her field.