Does Eastern Jack Need an Airport?

Jackson/Cass Suburbs, including South KC
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by dangerboy »

What do people think, does Eastern Jackson County need a good industrial/executive general aviation facility to compete with Downtown, Johnson County, and Platte County? Would it be helpful for attracting the corporate headquarters and industrial operations that E-Jack craves? It seems to be working for the airport out past Olathe.

Is it doable? Lee's Summit's airport seems like a good candidate - it's near highway access, rail lines, executive housing, and existing industries. However the city keeps allowing residential development around the airport, which would make expansion difficult. Independence's airport is just a lone landing strip, and it's also in the path of sprawl. Ditto for the privately owned airport in Grain Valley.
Brooksider
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Brooksider »

Lee's Summit airport already has more take-offs and landings daily than Johnson county executive and new century.
Suburban Sprawl - Cut down all of the trees and name the streets after them.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

Brooksider wrote:Lee's Summit airport already has more take-offs and landings daily than Johnson county executive and new century.
That's what I was thinking, LS decided to expand the airport when it was about to be run out of town by development. I think LS did the right thing. When the Strother Rd interchange opens, you will see a lot more development associated with the airport go in.
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

There are already way too many airports in this country, but if they can make it profitable to the city and to the airlines, why not?
Good2Great
New York Life
New York Life

Post by Good2Great »

Do you have any idea how an airport in eastern jack would lessen the transportation burden of all the METH-Entrepreneurs in the area.

It's good for the economy....GO FOR IT>
KCSKYSCRAPERS changed my life. I was on the edge until I visited this site. Now I find myself longing to dive off a 60 story building onto a frozen fountain paying tribute to the St. Louis Arch.