Downtown Baseball Stadium

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
MidtownCat
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Re: Downtown Baseball Stadium

Post by MidtownCat »

kcdcchef wrote:
i agree, we should just abandon a perfectly great stadium, solely based on location, to build it in the perfect location, and build a lifeless piece of shit like jacobs, rogers centre, that piece of shit the phillies play in, or my favorite new dump, coors.
Yeah, nothing says lively baseball experience like a 30 year old stadium sitting smack dab in the middle of about four square miles of empty asphalt surface parking lots, with absolutely nothing to do after the game except walk to your SUV and head home to Leawood.  Talk about some excitement!!!!!
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

MidtownCat wrote: Yeah, nothing says lively baseball experience like a 30 year old stadium sitting smack dab in the middle of about four square miles of empty asphalt surface parking lots, with absolutely nothing to do after the game except walk to your SUV and head home to Leawood.  Talk about some excitement!!!!!
oh you are right, nothing says baseball even more like going to a lifeless heartless soulless stadium in the midde of the north loop.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

kcdcchef wrote: oh you are right, nothing says baseball even more like going to a lifeless heartless soulless stadium in the midde of the north loop.
wtf?  why would a downtown stadium be lifeless or heartless? 

look at the tens of thousands of STL-ians who blubbered like toddlers as their beloved Busch was torn down - and that was an ugly stadium in a lame neighborhood.  i realize that has more to do with the team than the building itself, but it was a special place.  i don't think the K has that sort of position here.  perhaps a downtown stadium, woven into KC's historic core (and not a blighted inner-suburban dump) could invoke some pride? 

it is telling when the two things you hear from every K apologist are (1) great place to watch a game (true) and (2) it's so easy to park!  :roll:  america's great stadiums are in the urban cores and no one seems to give a shit that they are difficult to park near.  Fenway, Wrigley, etc.
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

Perhaps it's just a fundamental difference of opinion, but suburbs come off to me as soulless and life-crushing, and not the city.
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

bahua wrote: Perhaps it's just a fundamental difference of opinion, but suburbs come off to me as soulless and life-crushing, and not the city.
the area around the K is absolutely horrendous.  it is embarrassing.  Taco Bell, a gas station, a joke of a hotel, acres of parking lots, and a bunch of overgrown, weedy lots?  and he's talking about a downtown stadium being soulless?  the area around the K is probably the most soulless in all of MLB.
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

US Cellular(Comiskey) is pretty sad. The neighborhood is frightening. The throngs of people that go to see one of the best teams in MLB are nowhere to be seen, as little as an hour after the last out.
Boognish
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Boognish »

chrizow wrote: the area around the K is absolutely horrendous.  it is embarrassing.  Taco Bell, a gas station, a joke of a hotel, acres of parking lots, and a bunch of overgrown, weedy lots?  and he's talking about a downtown stadium being soulless?  the area around the K is probably the most soulless in all of MLB.
let's be fair, Chrizow. There are actually three jokes of hotels. :)
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

bahua wrote: US Cellular(Comiskey) is pretty sad. The neighborhood is frightening. The throngs of people that go to see one of the best teams in MLB are nowhere to be seen, as little as an hour after the last out.

and the area around yankee stadium sucks. and anaheims stadium is in no mans land. there are worse

you people have real parking lot phobia. people screwed up and built it away from the city due to racial tensions. however, nowhere in history is there a documented case of tearing down such an amazing stadium for no reason other than wanting it downtown.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Sometimes it takes being the first to do something great.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

kcdcchef wrote:
and the area around yankee stadium sucks. and anaheims stadium is in no mans land. there are worse
That funny.  You just named two stadiums that were renovated instead of rebuilt.  Now, they are going to build a new Yankee Stadium because, well, it sucks, and there is talk of building a new Anaheim stadium because, well, it sucks too.  I've been to both.  You've made the entire point and there is nothing left to say. 
skim82
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by skim82 »

:lol: :D :) =D> :-({|= :cheers: :D/
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

beautyfromashes wrote: That funny.  You just named two stadiums that were renovated instead of rebuilt.  Now, they are going to build a new Yankee Stadium because, well, it sucks, and there is talk of building a new Anaheim stadium because, well, it sucks too.  I've been to both.  You've made the entire point and there is nothing left to say. 
yeah, but unfortunately, for your argument,

NUMBER ONE -  YANKEE STADIUM WAS RENOVATED TWICE, THE MOST RECENT RENOVATION WAS DONE ALMOST 30 YEARS AGO, IN THE 1970'S. AND YANKEE STADIUM, IS ALSO 75+ YEARS OLD, AND WHEN THE NEW YANKEE OPENS, IF IT OPENS, IT WILL BE 80 YEARS.
NUMBER TWO - ANAHEIM, THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT A NEW ONE. WELL HELLS BELLS, SO ARE WE! THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS EVERYONE IN BASEBALL, CITY, AND COUNTY AGREES ON ONE THING, THE ROYALS DO NOT NEED A NEW STADIUM.
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

Shouting(typing all in boldface caps) will get you moderated.

Obviously, not everyone agrees that the Royals do not need a new stadium.

Just because you feel strongly about it doesn't make it absolute. Shouting doesn't help anything, and only serves to create a more adversarial atmosphere, and doesn't convince anyone of anything. Please have some respect for the opinions of others. Disagreement is fine. It adds perspective to our discussions. But shouting and flaming degrades the condition of the board, and scares people away, who might be interested in contributing their ideas.

We want this to be a friendly website, so please ease up on the hostility.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

bahua wrote:

We want this to be a friendly website, so please ease up on the hostility.
save it.
bahua wrote: Shouting(typing all in boldface caps) will get you moderated.

yeah, ummm, ok.
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

Could some other moderators back me up, please?
skim82
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by skim82 »

Hmm.

Well, I'm not a moderator.. but this is all a moot point.

When the tax increase initiative fails miserably in April, then the Chiefs will threaten to leave Kansas City.  WyCo will step up and save the Chiefs and build them a new state-of-the-art retractable roof stadium.

Then, Jackson County could do whatever the hell it wants... They can leave the Royals at TSC which is a very bad idea....  and although the Royals want to stay as of right now ( because it will cost them nothing to stay...or very little.... compared to coughing up close to 25% of the cost of a new DT stadium.) 

I don't blame David or Dan Glass.  If they could get nearly 3/4 revenue of a NEW stadium without spending very little to any money... they should take it... that's smart business..... now the fu#k ups (Katheryn Shields) can do whatever the hell they want to... 

All I say is let's split these two teams up....  They have very different needs... 
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

bahua wrote: Could some other moderators back me up, please?
look, homeboy, bfa attempted to rebutt me in a very arrogant fashion about 2 stadiums he very clearly knows nothing about. i was making the point that the 2 he mentioned were horrible examples.

deal.
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

And I was simply saying that you're acting like a child. From what I've seen from your other posts, you've aged decades beyond childhood. Want to be taken seriously? Act like an adult. Don't have anything to prove to anybody? Don't troll message boards.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Has anyone ever responded to a kcdcchef post by saying "yea man, good point?" Seems like they tend to be the most infantile, immature posts on this board and many times I have a hard time believing that whomever is on the side is an adult.

I mean, there are others I disagree with on here who make their points pretty astutely and in a mature manner and I can at least respect them. Kcdcchef isn't the only offender, but jesus, grow up man. Its an internet message board, not a pissing contest. I think you just like to see your own words printed on the internet.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

KCMax wrote: Has anyone ever responded to a kcdcchef post by saying "yea man, good point?" Seems like they tend to be the most infantile, immature posts on this board and many times I have a hard time believing that whomever is on the side is an adult.

no, just the other hated ones like akp like my posts.
bahua wrote: And I was simply saying that you're acting like a child. From what I've seen from your other posts, you've aged decades beyond childhood. Want to be taken seriously? Act like an adult. Don't have anything to prove to anybody? Don't troll message boards.
bite me, this is flamebait now. try pm'ing me like i did with you. troll this.