Re: Official Set Tennants for Power and Light

Come here for discussion about the new downtown entertainment district.
jj116533
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by jj116533 »

As 2006 nears you alll have to begin to think that Cordish will soon come out into the blue about all of the tennant, because belive it or not at the most there is only a year before some of the stores will be open, so i thought that it would be great to get out all of the info on the tennants that we can as soon as we can.
Student at NYU studying Metropolitan Studies and Economic Theory.  Real Estate connoisseur.
http://twitter.com/#!/grecobs
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

i half-heartedly agree, but i could only imagine the excitement if the stores were kept a total secret until the grand opening. could you imagine the crowd rushing down there? i was at dave&buster's grand opening and even though it's brand new in KC, the concept isn't THAT interesting... but it was PACKED to the gills.

regardless, i suspect that the Star and Bus. Journal will keep dropping gossip until we can piece together a complete view prior to any official announcements. i'm sure a few of those lackeys that cover the downtown beat (collison, hearne, et al) are just chomping at the bit to break that news.

anyone care to speculate when an official announcement will be made?
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Location: Hangin' with the cons, crazies, and crackheads on 11th & Grand.

Post by QueSi2Opie »

DaveKCMO wrote:anyone care to speculate when an official announcement will be made?
Spring '06

Hard Rock Cafe will make a big announcement at least. 
The Pendergast Poltergeist Project!

I finally divorced beer and proposed to whiskey, but I occassionally cheat with fine wine.
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by KansasCityCraka »

QueSi2Opie wrote: Spring '06

Hard Rock Cafe will make a big announcement at least. 
A big announcement not to come here
mister816
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by mister816 »

KansasCityCraka wrote: A big announcement not to come here
If they can have a Hardrock in Louisville the can defiantly have one in Kansas City... ESPN zone and Hardrock are the only 2 that I care about ... everything else is icing on the cake.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Re: Re: Official Set Tennants for Power and Light

Post by KCPowercat »

I wouldn't hold your breath on ESPNZone....at least from what I've heard.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

how many threads do we need on the same topic.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
jj116533
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by jj116533 »

I wouldn't hold your breath on ESPNZone....at least from what I've heard.
I agree all of my friends would never in their lives go downtown, but if there was one of those two downtown, especially ESPNZone, then we would go down there maybe 1 or twice every two months, and i would imagine that lots of other people would do the same too.
And it would be great to walk around wearing a Hard Rock Cafe T-Shirt saying Kansas City on it
Student at NYU studying Metropolitan Studies and Economic Theory.  Real Estate connoisseur.
eliphar17
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by eliphar17 »

Hard Rock Cafe is definitely going in. I know someone who worked on the project for a year.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

Woah, Hard Rock Cafe is rad! We'll be able to pretend it's the 1980s in New York, LA, Chicago, Houston...dude, I hope I can still fit into my parachute pants! It will be totally badical, as well as gnarly!
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

mean wrote: Woah, Hard Rock Cafe is rad! We'll be able to pretend it's the 1980s in New York, LA, Chicago, Houston...dude, I hope I can still fit into my parachute pants! It will be totally badical, as well as gnarly!
that's it!! typical attitude! hate everything we get for the p&l!!
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
jj116533
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by jj116533 »

well i will definatly b the first one to get the hard rock carfe KC shirt.  Wow i m pumped
Gladstoner
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Gladstoner »

So the reactions are going to be one of the three:

1) Chain?....bah!

2) Second location?....bah!

3) What the hell is that?.........bah!

And, admittedly, that will probably go for me as well.
A fool and your money are soon united.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

Gladstoner wrote: So the reactions are going to be one of the three:

1) Chain?....bah!

2) Second location?....bah!

3) What the hell is that?.........bah!

And, admittedly, that will probably go for me as well.
yup. and we wonder the validity of a negative attitudes thread. and everyone i hear writing in that thread about they do not get the negative attitudes, or there are not any, i see iin various forms of these threads about the p&l getting hard rock, hooters, that chinese place, the bowling alley, all i hear is negative bitching, save some that are like, i am getting a t shirt.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

Oh, settle down, I was just teasing. In the event that we get a Hard Rock I will eat there at least once.
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I think it's healthy to challenge what Cordish is bringing in....we have a lot at stake with the type of tenants they bring in.  If it's a bunch of stuff that the normal KC resident will drive by 3 locations before getting downtown to that restaurants location, many won't see the draw.

Many of us don't dig the huge national chains either...some do and in honesty, we don't have an area currently that has stuff like a Hard Rock, etc...so while some may dismiss a HRC, I think they are just doing so from their personal opinion....not saying they shouldn't be signing a tenant such as Hard Rock.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

I don't mind huge national chains, especially if they can serve as anchors for local businesses. And if I don't go there, so what? They probably don't need my money, and there are plenty of other places nearby I can go to.
49r
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by 49r »

I ate at a Hard Rock Cafe once...
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

I just want a mix of chains, local establishment second locations and totally new places. A little bit of something for everyone.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

I am a bit puzzled and perhaps slightly concerned about the apparent lack of construction progress at P&L Live.  I do not know what the construction schedule was but it is a bit strange that nothing has actually been built yet although buildings have been torn down and some pretty interesting holes have been dug. 

Anybody know what the hold up is?  What does this apparent delay do to the Presidents Hotel which will be opening soon in the middle of a protracted construction zone.