Kansas City Versus Buffalo at Ralph Wilson Stadium

Do a trip report here....go to another city and want to relate it to what KC is doing right or could do better? Give us a summary in here.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Kansas City Versus Buffalo at Ralph Wilson Stadium

Post by kcdcchef »

ok, spent saturday night and sunday in buffalo. small town, bla bla bla.

on to ralph wilson stadium, formerly rich stadium. been there twice before, but now i really gotta say something on this topic. that stadium is a total and complete dump. to get to any parts of the upper deck, you go down the ramps, on both ends of the stadium, and the sides, which take you to the entrances to the decks. up for upper deck, and down for lower bowl. we actually sat in section 243, row one, which is below the endzone scoreboard, and jumbo tron.  good view of the field. we got a birdseye view of both of the missed field goals.

at halftime, just like any stadium, the place empties to the concourses, or lack thereof. oh my god, what a fiasco. we get into the concourses, which are not as wide as arrowhead, which, is pathetic, and start looking for bathrooms. jackie found hers first, about 4 sections down, then i found mine, 8 sections down. in between our bathrooms, 4 sections, no concessions. 3 portable beer stands. and beer sales stop at halftime. i thought some stadiums do the end of the 3rd quarter, or is halftime becoming league wide now? back to concessions, we waited in line, at the one concession stand representing 8 sections, and they have chicken strips, fries, cheeseburgers, peanuts, candy bars, hot dogs, labatt blue beer, miller light, 3 soft drink varieties, and that is IT!! and to make matters worse, you cannot see what they have til you are at the window. the window is less than 6' tall, which is sad. then you can peer into it, and see it, made of yellow card stock. sad. and their are only 4 registers. we take our drinks, we both got pepsi, which, one size only, $4, in a wax/cardboard type cup, no plastic, no souvenier style, to our seats, where, wearing chiefs material, we were cussed out, mercilessly, the entire second half. horrible.

i have been to chiefs games in pittsburgh, cincy, cleveland, dc, ny, buffalo before this, tampa, new orleans, st louis, and chicago, and have never been treated like this. i can understand razzing, and talking crap about the team, but for 2 quarters, it was straight cussing, and horrid. there were luckily 2 chiefs fans from topeka next to us, so we had some people to share the pain. horrible.

back to the stadium, the scoreboards were out almost all of the second half. so, much like a high school game, we had to watch the chains to figure out the downs, and yardage. that was odd.

the parking situation outside the stadium is very much like the tsc, large lots, and a hell of a lot of tailgating. we got there at 9am for a 1pm kickoff, had gumbo, chili, all kinds of goodies, and as far as the eye could see, tons of people tailgating with barrels full of firewood, grills, even pits dug into the grassy areas. and fans in the parking lots were actually nice to us. but the one thing kc has on any city's ability to tailgate, and i have to say, all of the stadiums i have been to, the tailgating here is the best, next to kc, is the bbq aroma. here, it is true new york. a little bit of everything. the people we were with had hot roast beef on rye hoagie buns, with pepperoncini jus. good shit, a new york city fave. but, i was wanting some bbq ribs, in the worst way!!!

getting out of the stadium after the game, is far worse than the tsc, or anywhere. it is so bad, no cops helping with traffic, and everyone trying like hell to get into these 3 lanes that lead to roads leading to the freeway. you think tsc locality sucks, try going to a stadium that is 3 miles off the freeway, and not even the main one. imagine going down blue ridge cutoff for a few miles. that is how this felt.

overall, the fans were real enthusiastic, not all the fans were acting as stupid as these, and they were real into their team. sadly for them, not all their games are even sold out.

oh yeah, and our tickets, $25!!!! jackie had season tickets to the chiefs last year, and in no mans land, they were $56, or something like that.  wow, what a difference!
Last edited by kcdcchef on Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Kansas City Versus Buffalo at Ralph Wilson Stadium

Post by KCMax »

90 bills fans were ejected from the stadium Sunday.  :shock:
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

from our vantage point, there was a lip of concrete, about 10 feet wide, that covered the box seats directly beneath us, that spans probably 3/4 of the upper deck.

about 5 minutes into the fourth quarter, some idiot ran around the whole thing before finally getting tackled by police, almost falling into the lower deck, dragging a cop or two with him.

very rowdy. however, i will be back! got tickets to the broncos versus bills game. perhaps i will just wear a blades jersey.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

You should probably wear pants too, or else you may be ejected as well.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

do not get me confused with others here, i wear pants.
Tosspot
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by Tosspot »

kcdcchef wrote: wearing chiefs material, we were cussed out, mercilessly, the entire second half. horrible.
Take heed to the blistering fact that such people have no lives whatsoever outside of their pathetic little infatuation with a sport featuring men in tights slapping each others' asses, acting out their not-so-latent homoerotic fantasia.

photoblog. 

until further notice i will routinely point out spelling errors committed by any here whom i frequently do battle wit
schugg
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by schugg »

:o     your too much,  toss! :lol:
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

schugg wrote: :o     your too much,  toss! :lol:
yeah, but he really adds something to the conversation.